Thread: Are there fewer unit voices than in EB1?

Default Are there fewer unit voices than in EB1?

Are there fewer unit voices than in EB1? I feel like most units in EB1 would say something unique when clicking on them, but not so in EB2. Furthermore, some of the EB2 voices sound computerized, like the hoplitai. Is this meant to be, or is my installation missing something? I've found EB2 better than EB1 in every other way.

Default Re: Are there fewer unit voices than in EB1?

(Also forgot to say that I don't intend to complain, just making sure I didn't mess something up at install time.)

Default Re: Are there fewer unit voices than in EB1?

It does seem like the voice acting is less in EB1 having recently gone back and forth to compare unit behavior mechanics. I think the spear/pike formation behavior may be some of the best in RTW1 versus TW*.

I have not noticed any synthesized speech capability in the TW series. I suspect you may have encounter just some poor voice acting. Quite a few games have lame voice acting.

I am mainly the not playing RTW1/EBI as there is something about the UI which prevents scripting like:

www.autohotkey.com

So, with EB2, I can do hot keys for mouse click functions to bring up and sort settlements, forces, and agents. Very convenient (just O and 2 clicks) bound to an f-key. I have tried six different UI scripting techniques in RTW1 ie EB1 and it simply does not work. So, EB2 is a lot more ergonomic for me, but the design of EB1 if fantastic.