Thread: Population growth stopped, turned off or set to 0

Icon5 Population growth stopped, turned off or set to 0

I'm fairly certain one of the mods I have installed is preventing any population growth in all of my provinces, even newly captured ones. It could be for any number of reasons, I'm not sure. Current growth rate and accumulated growth rate is always at 0. Is there a way to turn this on in the programme files or using the SF editor? Rather than having to go through the process of having to test all my mods on my current campaign, which would seem to be a bigger risk for corrupting my current save game, which is 300 hours + at least.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Population growth stopped, turned off or set to 0

you sure you didn't hit the building slot max threshold?
    i mean if you opened all the region slots then growth will be disabled by default

Possibly, I'm on like turn 750, but I still only have 5 buildings in Roma, the population never grew large enough to get the option to complete the sixth.

Could you just confirm what you mean by if I've opened all the region slots...?

Can you upload screenshots on this forum? I'm not particularly technically minded, so I really need to be walked through this . Thanks in advance.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

rome has 5 slots in the vanilla game, for whatever reason CA didn't open the 6th
    so, capitals have between 5 and 6
    port minor settlements 4
    non port minor settlements 3