Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.2 alpha is coming on 15.02.2024

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.2 alpha is coming on 15.02.2024

Glory of Rome Remastered ( GoRR) is a mod in development and playable with it´s current content.
    suscribe at steam workshop here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2715224838

•Content up to 0.1 beta:

•- Bigger and heavily updated Map with 680 Regions - work continues
    •- In total 111 Factions
    •- New Warhornsounds - more Soundupdates will progress in the Future
    •- Signifer One´s Animation
    •- Most Barbarian and Desert Factions have the ability to create a Horde and Migrate, 5 of them start as Horde at the Beginning of the Campaign
    •- 17 new Religions
    •- Reworked Roman Republic - one playable Faction with all Families, SPQR Superfaction + 1 Roman Allied Factions + 1 roman shadow faction (civil war mechanic)
    •- Kart Hadast, Ptolemaike Empire, Seleucid Empire and Rome have the ability to have Shadowfactions (internal Civilwar)
    •- Nuragic Rebellion - if any other Faction beside Kart Hadast conquer Sardinia and Corse, they will rise up and fight for indepedence
    •- Updated Recruitment, updated/expanded rosters for some factions + some new (missing) units like Barbarian Slingers, Archers, Hypaspistai, Heavy Persian Noble Cav, Heavy Numidian Infantry
    •- 4 turns per Year (3 Summer, 1 Winter)
    •- added Danymok latest unit´s + updated stats
    •- reworked temples + bonuses
    •- new building once per faction: treasury

Upcoming 0.2 - check out the developer updates on Youtube for more information:

•- updated Map with 817 Regions
    •- updated factionrelations and diplomacy for a more active and aggressive Campaign
    •- updated Mercenary Pools (every Region now has one...)
    •- updated Banners and Icons for all 118 Factions
    •- 105 playable Factions + 13 unplayable Factions: emergent Servile Uprising (Roman Slaves+Gladiators), Libyan Mercenaries Faction (Mathos), Saka, Baktria and 3 Roman Sub-Faction (Senate, Latin Colonies and Italic Allies), Pretenderfactions for Carthage, Seleucid + Ptolemaic Empire and the Roman Republic (Civil War Faction)
    •- "hordecamps" and more realistic resource positions
    •- faction core attitudes and faction relationships (behaviour of factions in the campaign)
    •- new buildings (Tax and Mints, Temples, Politcal and Governments, Riverports, expanded mines, traderoutes and much more)
    •- reworked buildingtree´s and costs
    •- reworked unitcosts and economy
    •- alot of Bugfixing - My Claim is: every release has to be fully stable and playable.

Changelog

Version 0.0.9
    seleucid and macedons are allied + very good relations due to marriage
    added some realtionships between new factions
    Reworked Britain, Spain, Gaul and Belgica Regions up to the rhine areas
    Added 33 new Factions
    Added 52 new Regions
    Fixed Hordeunits-issue in edu + added horde roster for desert tribes, german, iberian and celtic

Version 0.0.8 bugfixed
    fixed the custom battle ctd + campaign battle ctd (reason was a malus event.idx)
    fixed missing names + text entry´s
    added missing textures
    sorted out regions/descr_strat bugs
    added missing warhorns in the .dat files
    corrected some minor stats in edu and added missing models lines for some new factions (Elephants, Camels and some horses)

Version 0.0.8
    complete rework of unitstats and battlesystem
    Reworked of the Roman Factions - Roman Republic is playable + Senate(Superfaction) and League of Samnium and Etrusca allied. Civil-War will be brutal...
    added more resources all over the map
    added +regions in the italian peninsula (249 in total for now)
    Fixed - empty message bug, when launching the game
    Fixed - could not find character trait(Artisan)
    Fixed - missing UI for barbarian culture
    Fixed - yellow Box launch Bug
    Added the 3 Roman Families (Julia, Scipio and Brutus) with a familytree

Version 0.0.7
    added numidian heavy infantry (armenian - east heavy infantry)
    added carthaginian archers (numidian archers) and punic heavy peltasts (greek heavy peltasts)
    revised temple armor upgrades (only smith and university give them now)
    added 1 Rebel Region (Turris) in Sardinia + alot more in northern afrika + smoothed coastlines
    All mines in regions start with the first tier (not the second)
    Added some resources (slaves, silver, gold) in new regions
    Renamed Cicilian Pirates into Sailors Merc. and restricted recruitment to the mediterrain sea
    Changed Range of mounted Archers (between 70-85) - Horsearchery should be shorter (Shorter, less powerfull bows) than Footarchers (Range of 100-170)
    Armenia can build Zoroastrian Temples, which give Zoroastrian Religion Bonus
    Added Lusitani faction + roster
    Added Persian Noble Cavalry (seleucid) as AOR unit
    Added Signifer Ones Animation package
    Added Nuragic Tribe´s Faction + script for there emergence if all carthaginian settlements in Sardinia get conquered, they emerge and will fight for there freedom as an independent faction
    Added Mauri, Gaetuli (Horde), Massaesylii and two shadowfactions for seleucid and carthage
    corrected/reworked faction relationships in descr_strat (was wrong at all in original map-mod)
    corrected heights and climate in atlas mountains/northern afrika
    reduced costs for watchtowers to 100

Version 0.0.6
    Complete Replace of Warhorns with variations (Rome II)
    More Regions in Hispania + smoothed coastlines
    corrected east hoplite (Pontus) - have 60 men now per unit like the other pikemen
    added missing basegame UI info for slave carthagenian early general
    Relocate Spain faction in Hispania + added Rebels
    Edited Greek_cities starting armies

Version 0.0.5
    removed Rome Rerostered v2.21 Mod
    added/changed 2d Faction icons
    corrected more rivers in hispainia
    added 3 regions in Spain Sexs, Emporion and Danium
    corrected borders and placements of settlements and ports in spain (most promonent Carthago Nova and Gadir)

Version 0.0.4
    fixed more issues from Europa 270 BS Map Mod in descr_strat (ongoing process)
    removed phalanx ability for shortspear/hoplite units
    added warcry to elite barbarian units
    added warhorns sounds from Rome2tw
    added 2d Faction icons
    spanish language added thanks to balomar78
    corrected some rivers in southern spain and northern africa

Version 0.0.3
    added several Region for Kart Hadast + Greek Cities - 206 for now
    redone some groundtypes + heights in order to improve the map
    redone borders for Kart-Hadast regions
    Fixed typo´s in descr_strat to improve stability
    reworked starting garrisons for Kart Hadast
    Relocate several Cities (mainly northern afrika + islands) to a more historical place

Version 0.0.2
    added 17 Religion + placed them over all 199 Region individually
    changed the market value of goods and trade
    changed treasury at the start of the campgain (factions like seleucid empire are not in dept with 10k)
    buffed religious effects in order to get the new religions working with Public Order + the Map
    Changed Starting positions and army compositions for some factions like Kart-Hadast and Kingdom of Pontus
    reworked population for villages
    Started rework for edu and edb (all temples are now buildable, religious system)
    Started rework for heights, climate, regions and groundtype - ongoing process
    Added hidden resources for later development of recruitment, bonus a.s.o.

Version 0.0.1
    - added Europa 270 BS Map (Modding Resource) as a base mod to start with
    - added Rome Rerostered v2.21 Mod as a base to start further development
    - added ferals alex_extra_religions example mod, in total 5 religions

bugfixes:
    #done# added missing text for Factions like Egypt, Germania, Celts, Hispania a.s.o. (Name change later) - this cause wired and missing texts in the campaign menue (Indians, Huns, ...)
    #done# added missing text in text files to keep the factions correctly named
    #done# Bug - You have chosen an invalid tile(334,192) for a port position in region(46). Tanais Port
    #done# Bug - you need to manually move this port(12,140) to another position since it is in the sea. - Bracara Turduli - Nordportugall/Mitte Westkuste
    #done# Added Slave resource in 199 Regions, in case a settlement get enslaved (a slave resource pop up for trade - vanilla feature)
    #done# a road cannot be built directly from Atropatene(92, [454,120]) to it's port([452,151]). Is this the intention? - Fixed countryside to do this
    #done# Deleted two ports in inland Armenia Lake area + corrected ports in invalid tile (portugal coast)
    #done# Script Error in Q:\Feral\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Mods\My Mods\Glory_of_RR/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 4083, column 2. Building DB error - faction romans_senate has gap in building prior to temple_of_trade_pantheon
    #done# you need to manually move this port(77,87) to another position since it is in the sea. It will be removed for now - Iol port
    #done# you need to manually move this port(17,86) to another position since it is in the sea. It will be removed for now - tingi port

You can subscribe and follow GoRR on YT with the latest developer diary update VII and more updates

680 Region are ingame, a political overview:
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 10, 2024 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.0.9 Western Barbarian Update

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    just updated to Version 0.0.9 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2715224838

Changelog 0.0.9

seleucid and macedons are allied + very good relations due to marriage
    added realtionships between new factions
    added 33 new Factions
    added 52 new Regions
    Reworked Britain, Spain, Gaul and Belgica Regions up to the rhine areas
    Fixed Hordeunits-issue in edu + added horde roster for desert tribes, german, iberian and celtic

0.0.9 hotfix - fixed a recruitmentissue and added some text and leader pictures to the build. this hotfix should be savegame compatible

Content up to 0.0.9:

- Bigger Map with 301 Regions (for now...), so far Spain, Northern Afrika, Italy, Gaul, Belgica and Britain have been reworked - work continues
    - In total 61 Factions (for now...)
    - New Warhornsounds - more Soundupdates will progress in the Future
    - Signifer One´s Animation
    - Most Barbarian and Desert Factions have the ability to create a Horde and Migrate, 4 of them start as Horde at the Beginning of the Campaign
    - 17 new Religions
    - Reworked Roman Republic - one playable Faction with all Families, SPQR Superfaction + 2 Roman Allied Factions
    - Kart Hadast and the Seleucid Empire have the ability to have Shadowfactions (internal Civilwar)
    - Nuragic Rebellion - if any other Faction that Kart Hadast conquer Sardinia and Corse, they will rise up and fight for indepedence

Done for the next update:
    •- 4turns per Year (3 Summer, 1 Winter)
    •- adding Danymok unit´s (first batch) with recruitment and stats
    •- heavily updated map (Preview in the screenshots): climate, groundtapes, heights and overall porportions of landmass and mountains
    •- reworked temples buildings

Planed for the next update:
    •- 50 new Factions (right half of the map)
    •- new administration and assimilation buildings
    •- adding Danymok unit´s (second batch 08.06.2022) + updating recruitment and Stats
    •- adding Regions (right half of the map)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; September 10, 2022 at 09:31 AM.

i´ve added some preview screenshot for the map rework of GoRR 0.1.0

just get ready with the rest of the new factions. 111 in total, but i need to add a bunch of new regions into the map to balance them out.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

just noted, that alot of colours look quite similar. need to repaint them for better contrast. there are also 13 horde factions, which aren´t visible on this map. anyway, in the end, i like to create a region density like in gaul/hispania or italy areas.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; September 10, 2022 at 09:36 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Wow this looks glorious! It might make me reconsider about getting Rome Remastered

yes, RR is a great game (nearly all limits are lifted) and modding is basicly the same as in rtw and me2tw.

Just a quick question.

I've been poking around the game for a while now waiting to see what comes next. Everytime I close the game out I get the following Show-err message:

"Error Loading Regions: Settlement Label 'Halicarnassos not found.'

It does not interfere with game play as far as I can see. But, when I toggled off the FOW and scrolled over to Asia Minor there was Halicarnassus - complete with "label" - big as life on the south coast of Turkey. It's an annoyance, not a problem, and the worst thing is that the next time I load up the game we have to play routine of "The Game Crashed - do you want to send a notification?"

I don't because that too is a lie. The game did not crash! But it is weird.

hi, thanks for letting me know.
    the game will be ironed out with every update, because i´ve checked for alot of missing text, code and other issues along the development. i´ve used others modders free sources like the base game map and they where full of those little bugs.

in the upcoming 0.1, the map will be totally different, beside the scale. atm i´m at about 500 regions and have about 2/3 done. 0.1 will also have 111 factions, of which some won´t be playable (shadowfactions, superfaction or spawnfactions). here´s a little sneak peak of the map:

all those area´s with "big regions" need to be fleshed out and alot of the barbarian faction will be placed there. i´ve also got permission to use danymok´s big unit update. his unit´s will also be part of the next release.

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.0.9 Western Barbarian Update - 0.1 is coming next

current state of progress for the upcoming 0.1 update

Last edited by _Tartaros_; August 23, 2022 at 05:02 AM.

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.0.9 Western Barbarian Update - 0.1 is coming next

Danymok´s units are beeing implanted together with stats, UI and mercenary pools

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Hello! Congratulations on the heavy work.
    I would like to ask:
    - How long does the "End turn" takes for a modest computer?
    - How many factions have shadow factions?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Hello alhoon,
    thank you!!
    the first endturns for the slave faction are very heavy. at least turn 1-5. after this, they get "normal" again.
    i didn´t figured out why, but it´s always the rebel´s turn, that cause a delay. beside this the 111 faction run very smooth (i have a 12 years old system).
    For now 4 Factions have shadow factions + loyality mechanics: Rome, Egypt (Ptolemais), Seleucid´s and carthage. i may expand this feature for the civilized factions, that aren´t able to horde.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Hello alhoon,
    the first endturns for the slave faction are very heavy. at least turn 1-5. after this, they get "normal" again.
    i didn´t figured out why, but it´s always the rebel´s turn, that cause a delay. beside this the 111 faction run very smooth (i have a 12 years old system).
    Can I get an estimation of how long "normal" is? 1 minute? 3 minutes?
    Also are there CAI improvements? Can the AI handle and balance so many regions?

Keep in mind, I am excited about this mod, these questions are not to detract from the obvious hard work you put there.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 10, 2022 at 09:22 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.1 beta is live now

El Santo Padro said this about turn times:
    From my own experiments, I’d dare to say that that’s how long it takes the AI to run out of money. My guess is that Crazyroman’s rebels aren’t as rich in descr_strat as tartaros, or their upkeep don’t bankrupt them as soon. Because the end turn loading times is literally the AI only trying to do as much as possible.
    so i guess the AI is busi spending money in the first turns, until it runs dry.

Moderator Emeritus

To whom it may concern:
    With 16GB RAM and Intel Quadro i7, the end turn for the first few turns take me about 70-100 seconds (i.e. about a minute and a half). After that, end turn is usually half a minute to a minute.
    All in all, the end turn is faster than R2TW after the first couple of turns and about the same as R2TW in the first 2-3 turns.

yes, indeed. i have similar times with my system.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Planed for the next update:
    •- new administration and assimilation buildings
    •- add EBÍI´s names database to the game
    :/ Just noticed this. It sounds like an important update. Any idea when it would be out? Ballpark? Are we talking weeks or months? If it is near-ish, I will wait before playing the mod.

EB´s names will be ready soon and part of 0.1, as i´ve started implanting them, some weeks ago (but they are not in current beta). i use the names for cultures that aren´t coverd very well in vanilla RR like armenia, parthia sarmatia/scythia, gethaii, gauls, britons, iberians and most important arabs and egypt (more helenic).
    i´m currently add missing parts like UI, text´s and do a unit-roster and unitstats ballance. arabian factions will also get updated units (arabian ones). The beta is meant of receiving some bugreports and feedback to help me ballance 0.1 and find those bugs.

the administration buildings are part of the new buildings i want to add in general. this will be added step by step together with an AOR-system up to version 0.2. so they will take some time until they fully included. 0.1 beta has some first changes included like a temple rework and a new unique building per faction, the treasury building.
    if you wait for the buildings, they need some time and the 0.1 version will take most likely 2 month, to put everything together.

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.

Looks incredible, Tartaros. Please post it here or on ModDB!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast