Thread: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.2 alpha is coming on 15.02.2024

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.1 beta is live now

right, still need to do this.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

This may sound stupid but:
    Where can I find Carthage? I can't find carthage in the list of factions!

And this is more general but, does the mod "Better UI" works with this mod? I really prefer the old-style UI to the ones we got.
    If yes, would it be too difficult to ask the nice people that made it for permission to bundle their mod along with this one like you did with a couple other mods?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

carthage (Kart Hadast) is within the first page of factions, maybe forth line.
    pretty much one of the first factions after rome , macedons, seleucids a.s.o. it´s icon is a horse and a palmtree + a small minimap too, which locate the factions borders on the realm.

Ohh... it's called Kart Hadast now. Got it.

So, here is my mad, mad plan: Sell off or directly gift most of Carthage's holdings while I put as many soldiers and civilians as I can afford to ships and head directly for the British islands. Grab a place, any place there and let the final place I own rebel, hopefully going to the Shadow Faction.
    Colonize the barbarians there and land my many citizens to bolster those crappy towns. Dominate Britania, and then spread to continental Europe. Something like a side-faction, an expedition of some of the Carthaginians after a nasty split.

So... what about the UI mod? will it work along with yours?
    Last edited by alhoon; September 20, 2022 at 02:34 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

sounds like a badass migration plan. the shadow faction may arise when you let the settlements rebel. Will be fun to scare barbarians ways with your elephants
    also demolish the treasury building in carthage itself and later build it somewhere in britain to get your elite forces there.

i think UI mod should work, as i didin´t touched the vanilla settings.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    sounds like a badass migration plan. the shadow faction may arise when you let the settlements rebel. Will be fun to scare barbarians ways with your elephants
    also demolish the treasury building in carthage itself and later build it somewhere in britain to get your elite forces there.

i think UI mod should work, as i didin´t touched the vanilla settings.
    Yeah, the plan was to trample them with my elephants. Till I found out how expensive my elephants are when I let go of everything aside of the trash I conquered. I demolished the treasury in Carthage for those sweet sweet 4000 denarii before letting it rebel.

What WAS a problem was that the Pretenders (which are actually the real Carthage as I am 3 settlements in Britania) were originally losing settlements to rebellion, which meant that I found myself with undisbandable generals and not a single rebel in sight, so I would have to pay them for a few turns till they met their heroic end by charging 1000+enemies.
    But now I have stabilized in Britannia and I have decent income, 35 turns in (20 or so after I landed there) and I have a minor city and three large towns.
    I kept the sacred band and the good elephants (the ones that need elephants to be re-hired) despite them being tooooo expensive.

On the other hand, I have two treasuries in those 4 settlements! The AI had it and I have two AI capitals already. I don't know if that was planned. Treasury is good but I wouldn't call it game-breaking. The elite units take a ton of cash to build and I frankly don't need them at the time.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 21, 2022 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    On the other hand, I have two treasuries in those 4 settlements! The AI had it and I have two AI capitals already. I don't know if that was planned. Treasury is good but I wouldn't call it game-breaking. The elite units take a ton of cash to build and I frankly don't need them at the time.
    ahh - indeed this shoundn´t happen, as this building need to be unique. i have to look into the "autodestruction" somehow.
    The Campaign sounds like a lot of fun.
    i should make a migrationcampaign too at some point

Speaking of unique buildings, is the fact that I can build all three temples of the Carthaginians on top of the remaining temples of the locals a feature or a bug? It certainly did help. The "cultural penalty" has a cap of 50% much of which is the governor's and the walls, so you get the temple's happiness bonus (and trade bonuses) for free until much later.

EDIT: And, while I remember this was actually an issue with the original RTW, can you do something about the autoresolve? It practically forces me to play every battle, even the kinda pointless ones, because even when I outnumber the enemy 3-to-1 autoresolve will give me huge casualties, that are like x5 what I have when I play the battle.
    Just getting to the battle map and out of it, is like a 90 seconds wait. It gets too much after a time when you have to do it all the time.
    Last edited by alhoon; September 25, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE

Excellent work, Tartaros! Keep it up

just updated the second addendum in steam workshop. sadly because of the slave barbarian horse archer fix, the second add is not savegame and require a new campaign to be fully working as implanted.

here´s the content of both:

second addendum
    updated animations for danymoks units
    added missing KindaR in descr_strat
    epeiros can recruit warhounds
    hotfixed malus slave barb horse archer causing battle ctd

first addendum
    Fierce Warrior unit appearence fixed
    Formation horde only for: peasants, bersekers, warhounds and pigs
    added missing UI for units
    added missing descriptions
    updated unitstats in edu

just updated the second addendum in steam workshop. sadly because of the slave barbarian horse archer fix, the second add is not savegame and require a new campaign to be fully working as implanted.

here´s the content of both:

second addendum
    updated animations for danymoks units
    added missing KindaR in descr_strat
    epeiros can recruit warhounds
    hotfixed malus slave barb horse archer causing battle ctd

first addendum
    Fierce Warrior unit appearence fixed
    Formation horde only for: peasants, bersekers, warhounds and pigs
    added missing UI for units
    added missing descriptions
    updated unitstats in edu
    Any fix or improvement, even slight, on the horrendous autoresolve issues that forces me to play practically every battle or suffer huge, illogical casualties?

just for info, i´ve started some investigations about the mechanics of autoresolve in RR.

just for info, i´ve started some investigations about the mechanics of autoresolve in RR.
    You have my sincere, and heartfelt gratitude.

Also, this is by far less important, but is it possible to make the CAI unlikely to attack an ally UNLESS they break the alliance/protectorate first? I think Lusted did it at some point but I don't remember. It has been years. Still, that doesn't make the game unplayable. Autoresolve does.
    Even if you do miracles with autoresolve, some improvement would go a long way.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

This map looks like a masterpiece! I can't imagine RTW with 100 plus factions! I will have to DL the game and give this mod a try. Thank you for your dedication!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    This map looks like a masterpiece! I can't imagine RTW with 100 plus factions! I will have to DL the game and give this mod a try. Thank you for your dedication!
    It also runs quite fast. You can have an entire campaign conquering a part of the map.

Indeed, Rome Remastered handles this very well. only the first 1 or two turns may be a bit longer.

it was most likely a typo/leftover from the imported 272bc map resource. can´t remember for sure, but it´s most likely fixed already.

but some good advice
    regards

Any news?

yes indeed, i´m currently work to patch the next big version 0.2 together.
    there are some big revamps and structural changes going on, which will make the mod able to use the later concepts, which i wantto include.
    as soon as most of this work as intended i will let the diaries for 0.2 start again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast