Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.2 alpha is coming on 15.02.2024

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.1 beta is live now

Thank you
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Any news?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

just back from my vacation

yeah, i´ve added two new cultures and currently add two more to the next build 0.2 + updated the map and some factions which are horde in 0.1 and are now settled due to some more space/regions (gaetuli and vaccaei). basic groundworks are in heavy rework to add the new namesdatabase and UI for the different cultures. alot of coding atm...

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Hi _tartaros_ this not a pressure question but do you have an approximation release date for v0.2 beta? the reason why I ask is I'm planning to LP and try to help promote your mod and don't want to start a Campaign with v0.1 if the next update is coming fairly soon, I'd rather wait. Loving your work so far, this is a very promising mod, many thanks.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 25, 2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    just back from my vacation

yeah, i´ve added two new cultures and currently add two more to the next build 0.2 + updated the map and some factions which are horde in 0.1 and are now settled due to some more space/regions (gaetuli and vaccaei). basic groundworks are in heavy rework to add the new namesdatabase and UI for the different cultures. alot of coding atm...
    Hello. Any news?

Hi all. How are you doing. Any interesting info to share?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Hi all. How are you doing. Any interesting info to share?
    Checkout his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@_tartaros_gloryofrr8098

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I don't understand much of this

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I don't understand much of this
    Sorry about that but it's all I had to help answer you're question

Hello, any news?

Hi, i´m working on the 0.2 and prepare a first alpha release for the new version. should be still some weeks away, but development goes steady step by step.

short update:

Upcoming first release of 0.2 alpha be coming in Februar and will contain:

•- updated Map with 817 Regions
    •- updated factionrelations and diplomacy for a more active and aggressive Campaign
    •- updated Mercenary Pools (now every Region has one...)
    •- updated Banners and Icons for all 118 Factions
    •- 105 playable Factions + 13 unplayable Factions, emergent Servile Uprising (Roman Slaves+Gladiators), Libyan Mercenaries Faction (Mathos), Saka, Baktria and 3 Roman Sub-Faction (Senate, Latin Colonies and Italic Allies), Pretenderfactions for Carthage, Seleucid + Ptolemaic Empire and the Roman Republic (Civil War Faction)
    •- "hordecamps" and more realistic resource positions
    •- faction core attitudes and faction relationships (behaviour of factions in the campaign)
    •- new buildings (Tax and Mints, Temples, Politcal and Governments, Riverports, expanded mines, traderoutes and much more)
    •- reworked buildingtree´s and costs
    •- reworked unitcosts and economy
    •- alot of Bugfixing - My Claim is: every release has to be fully stable and playable.

Hello @_Tartaros_! One question, how did you fix this one?

Fixed - empty message bug, when launching the game
    I can't find any info on that anywhere, unfortunately.

Your mod looks great, I am looking forward to try it out.
    Last edited by Ocyalos; January 30, 2024 at 09:55 AM.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4,6 Ghz AM4 | GPU: 2x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti Gainward Ghost OC 8GB GDRR6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600 Mhz C18 16 GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 4TB M.2 NVMe 3 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 550 Watt | MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 Silver

Long: New York Stock Exchange: MO, XOM, AAL, AMZN, FB, MSFT, GOOGL, AMD, CRM | Wiener Börse: POST, BG, ADKO, UBS | London Stock Exchange: BP, BATS | Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 3988, 601318 | Euronext Paris: ORA, FP | Bolsa de Madrid: ELE | Coinbase: BTC
    Short: -

Oh, goody! I am very pleased by these news. This mod is one of my favorites.

Any progress on the autoresolve issues? They tend to be campaign breaking. Any more buildings / bonuses / ??? for extra law so that we can hold land far away?

Default Re: Glory of Rome Remastered - 0.2 alpha is coming on 15.02.2024

Hi Alhoon,
    i´ve updated alot of parts, but i didn´t changed the autoresolve so far.
    you know about the files involved for the calculation?
    regards

Changes coming with 0.2

•- updated Map with 817 Regions
    •- updated factionrelations and diplomacy for a more active and aggressive Campaign
    •- updated Mercenary Pools (every Region now has one...)
    •- updated Banners and Icons for all 118 Factions
    •- 105 playable Factions + 13 unplayable Factions: emergent Servile Uprising (Roman Slaves+Gladiators), Libyan Mercenaries Faction (Mathos), Saka, Baktria and 3 Roman Sub-Faction (Senate, Latin Colonies and Italic Allies), Pretenderfactions for Carthage, Seleucid + Ptolemaic Empire and the Roman Republic (Civil War Faction)
    •- "hordecamps" and more realistic resource positions
    •- faction core attitudes and faction relationships (behaviour of factions in the campaign)
    •- new buildings (Tax and Mints, Temples, Politcal and Governments, Riverports, expanded mines, traderoutes and much more)
    •- reworked buildingtree´s and costs
    •- reworked unitcosts and economy
    •- alot of Bugfixing - My Claim is: every release has to be fully stable and playable.

Hi Alhoon,
    No I don't. I have heard that some mods have mitigated it. I don't know how.
    Playing all battles because 1400 veteran soldiers could lose to 300 rebels is a bit of a chore, especially in such battles that should be easy, low-casualties battles.

Hi Alhoon,
    No I don't. I have heard that some mods have mitigated it. I don't know how.
    Playing all battles because 1400 veteran soldiers could lose to 300 rebels is a bit of a chore, especially in such battles that should be easy, low-casualties battles.

Could we get more buildings that give law, so that we could have a chance to keep a decently large Empire? Even if they have a cost per turn (like 100 denars/turn), they would be useful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123