Thread: 098 teaser: DIFFERENCES IN DIFFICULTY by JoC

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Icon14 098 teaser: DIFFERENCES IN DIFFICULTY by JoC

In this thread the differences between difficulty levels are listed, for the players to get their bearings in chosing what they want to play. If you want to know more about the mechanics of the listed bonuses, read the relevant threads in the subforum and/or the description in the download section.

The parameters that increase gradually with the increase of the difficulty level:
    - AI factions kings' purse,
    - certain buildings benefits (esp. law and population growth),
    - special AI generals' traits;
    - certain regular traits are also coded to provide the AI with higher values (this is because the AI, unlike the player, doesn't know it should care about the parents' traits of the new generals, or it should better not recruit Man-Of-The-Hour, etc.);
    - bonuses from city walls and castles for the units recruited, eg:
    Code:
    ; WOODEN PALLISADE - MOREALE BONUS FOR AI 
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_medium 1
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1
    ; WOODEN PALLISADE - EXPERIENCE BONUS FOR AI
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1 and event_counter late_era 1
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1 and event_counter high_era 1
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1 and event_counter late_era 1
    I. Easy
    - player's kings' purse increased by 4k;
    - the AI factions get additional general at the beginning of the game.

II. Medium:

III. Hard:
    - the initial, additional AI armies consist not only of a general, but also of a few (3-4) units;
    - AI kings' purse increased by 4k;
    - the player must pay additional money after a change of Faction Leader and Faction Heir;
    - rebel armies can be spawned after a conquest of a settlement;
    - rebel armies may appear in the conquered provinces;
    - the Army Morale system (you may be forced to take rest during your foreign expeditions);
    - additional unrest in the non-core settlements after a the conquest;
    - special AI traits provide better generals for the AI factions;
    - (hardcoded) the AI units get +2 buff to the morale values and a higher stamina to compensate its behaviour of running around.

IV. Very Hard:
    - AI kings' purse increased by 7k,
    - increased additional payments after a change of FL/FH,
    - certain buildings may get damaged after a conquest of a settlement;
    - rebel armies may appear in the conquered provinces more frequently than for H;
    - the Army Morale system (you may be forced to take rest during your foreign expeditions);
    - SupplyCosts script (you pay for an army abroad),
    - additional unrest in the settlements due to the player's aggressivity,
    - Player Agressivity Mechanism : turmoil and deterioration of diplomatic standing after capture of a settlement,
    - the special AI traits provide better generals for the AI factions,
    - (hardcoded) the AI recruits mercenaries and the rebel armies siege the settlements;
    - (hardcoded) the AI units get +5 buff to the morale values and a higher stamina to compensate its behaviour of running around.

Example of what can happen at VH after the conquest of a settlement: (1) spawned loyalist armies, (2) damage to a building, (3) the Player Aggressivity Mechanism kicks-in:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
        ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Sis After Capture

declare_counter current_name_Sis                        ; 0 - Sis
        set_counter current_name_Sis 0
        set_event_counter Sis_turns_in_our_realm 550

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Sis

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE -----------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox == 1

change_settlement_name Sis Sis                        ; Armenian: Sison

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
                and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis > 0
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
                end_if

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic == 1

change_settlement_name Sis SisLatin                    ; Latin: Sis

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis < 1
                end_if

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis > 1
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE_MOVE
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Sis 1

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_islam == 1

change_settlement_name Sis SisAdana                    ; Muslim: Adana

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis < 2
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Sis 2

end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN ----------------------------------------------------

if I_NumberOfSettlements jerusalem > 0                    ; faction that the population is loyal to exists
            and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                ; the conqueror is not a small faction
            and RandomPercent < 66                                    ; some randomness is always good
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4                    ; only for VH difficulty
            and I_EventCounter Sis_turns_in_our_realm > 47            ; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_jerusalem < 1            ; exempted in core Iraq region
            and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = jerusalem

historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_REBELLION
                end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 28
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_REBELLION_OUR_PEOPLE
                end_if

spawn_army
                    faction jerusalem
                        character random_name, named character, age 34, x 331, y 114
                        traits CounterOfBattles 3, LoyaltyStarter 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 7 , Intelligent 6 , MilitaryInclination 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 3 , GoodCommander 3 , StrategyDread 1 , Bloodthirsty 2 , Brave 2 , Xenophobia 3
                            unit    Armenian Cavalry            exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Knights Templar                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0                        
                            unit    Armenian Aspet Cavalry        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Infantry            exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Infantry            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Infantry            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenians of Celicia        exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenians of Celicia        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Archers            exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Archers            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements byzantium > 0                    ; faction that the population is loyal to exists
            and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                ; the conqueror is not a small faction
            and RandomPercent < 66                                    ; some randomness is always good
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4                    ; only for VH difficulty
            and I_EventCounter Sis_turns_in_our_realm > 47            ; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium < 1            ; exempted in core Iraq region
            and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium

end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 17
                end_if

spawn_army
                    faction byzantium
                        traits CounterOfBattles 3, LoyaltyStarter 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 7 , Intelligent 6 , MilitaryInclination 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 3 , GoodCommander 3 , StrategyDread 1 , Bloodthirsty 2 , Brave 2 , Xenophobia 3
                            unit    Armenian Cavalry            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Infantry            exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                ; the conqueror is not a small faction
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2                    ; only for H/VH difficulties
            and not I_SettlementOwner Antioch = jerusalem
            and not I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium

end_if

end_if

spawn_army
                    faction slave, sub_faction byzantium
                        character Ruven, named character, age 27, x 331, y 114
                        traits CounterOfBattles 2, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 4 , Hardened 1 , Anger 2 , BattleScarred 4 , Superstitious 3
                end

end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE INITIAL INTEGRATION, BUILDINGS DAMAGED & OTHER COUNTERS --------------------------------

set_event_counter Sis_turns_in_our_realm 0

inc_event_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 1
            end_if

and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4
            and RandomPercent < 66
                console_command set_building_health Sis hinterland_farms 30
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_AGRICULTURE_DAMAGED
            end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE IMPACT ON PLAYER AGGRESSIVITY REPUTATION ------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1                            ; only player
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4                            ; VH difficulty

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1                    ; crowned FL

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3                    ; +3

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3        ; +3  Crowned FL Refined diplomatic skills
                        inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3                ; cumulative!

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2    ; +3  Crowned FL Mediocre diplomatic skills
                            inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3            ; cumulative!

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1                    ; UN-crowned

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6                    ; +6

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3        ; +6  UNcrowned FL Refined diplomatic skills
                        inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6                ; cumulative!

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2    ; +6  UNcrowned FL Mediocre diplomatic skills
                            inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6            ; cumulative!

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 24                    ; 25+, then player is warmonger: very high turmoil, fast deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 3            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_WARMONGER            ; info for the player
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 3        ; it will go down in another script
                    log ------ player warmonger info
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 12                    ;  13-24, then player is aggressive: high turmoil, deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity < 25
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 2            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_AGGRESSIVE
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 2
                    log ------ player aggressive info
                end_if

end_if

end_monitor

The AI generals' boost:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------ AI boost difficulty levels
    Trait AI_Boost_Difficulty
     Characters family
     Hidden

Level Hidden
       Description Hidden_desc
       EffectsDescription Hidden_effects_desc
       Threshold 1

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 1
       Effect Loyalty 1
       Effect TroopMorale 1
       Effect MovementPoints 2
       Effect LineOfSight 10        ; improves the CAI behaviour
       Effect SiegeEngineering 20    ; less likehood for AI break a siege
       Effect LocalPopularity 2
       Effect Construction 10        ; the only way to induce the AI to build something
       Effect TrainingAgents 6         ; it seems the AI doesn't recruit all agents it could

Level Ai_Boost_Hard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2
       Effect TroopMorale 2
       Effect MovementPoints 4
       Effect LineOfSight 12
       Effect SiegeEngineering 40
       Effect LocalPopularity 4
       Effect Construction 15
       Effect TrainingAgents 8

Level Ai_Boost_VeryHard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 3

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2
       Effect TroopMorale 3
       Effect MovementPoints 6
       Effect LineOfSight 14
       Effect SiegeEngineering 60
       Effect LocalPopularity 6
       Effect Construction 20
       Effect TrainingAgents 12
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 13, 2023 at 12:30 PM.

Default Re: 098 teaser: DIFFERENCES IN DIFFICULTY by JoC

Hi Guys, I'll be updating this thread with the issues that I'll recall on this subject. If you remember something yourself, just post here.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 22, 2022 at 02:56 AM.

Default Hard/Hard Difficulty Spawning Rebel Armies?

I'm playing on Hard/Hard for difficulty, and going by this thread, there should not be any rebel armies spawning when I take settlements. But that is just what happened when as England I took Roahzon in Brittany. I've started test campaigns on Medium and it tells me I'm playing on Normal, so that should be working. But I have received some messages on H/H telling me about VH/VH scripts and functions. So should Battle and Campaign difficulties be different? How does it actually work? This is on the new September 0.98 version.

Default Re: Hard/Hard Difficulty Spawning Rebel Armies?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardDuck View Post
    I'm playing on Hard/Hard for difficulty, and going by this thread, there should not be any rebel armies spawning when I take settlements. But that is just what happened when as England I took Roahzon in Brittany. I've started test campaigns on Medium and it tells me I'm playing on Normal, so that should be working. But I have received some messages on H/H telling me about VH/VH scripts and functions. So should Battle and Campaign difficulties be different? How does it actually work? This is on the new September 0.98 version.
    I'm sorry I've been sloppy at writing that thread. I've just edited it and fixed it. Actually, the armies will be spawned also for H difficulty (it's coded "3" below)
    log --- Rennes AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN -------------------------------------------
    if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1 ; only for the player
    and RandomPercent < 66 ; some randomness is always good
    and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2 ; only for H/VH difficulties
    and I_EventCounter Rennes_turns_in_our_realm > 47 ; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    end_if

spawn_army
    faction slave, sub_faction france
    character Roger, named character, age 37, x 64, y 188
    traits CounterOfBattles 3, NaturalMilitarySkill 3 , GoodCommander 3 , StrategyDread 1 , Bloodthirsty 2 , Brave 4 , Xenophobia 3
    unit NE Bodyguard exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Breton Light Cavalry exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Breton Light Cavalry exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Norman Serjeants exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Norman Serjeants exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Axe Militia exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Axe Militia exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Axe Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Hunters exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    end_if
    BTW, please upload a save / report in the AAR thread on your campaign, when you'll finish it (or be somehow advanced) so that I can add your game here.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 29, 2022 at 10:02 AM.

I'd be happy to, if I could figure out what the AAR thread is.

this one

After Action Report, it's almost like a sort of roleplaying in medieval 2

Hi, I am waiting the January update to try SSHIP for the first time. Are you absolutely sure the AI is hardcoded to recruit mercenaries only on VH? Because I played a few other mods in the past and I definitely saw it recruit mercenaries on H too.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavioGalerio View Post
    Hi, I am waiting the January update to try SSHIP for the first time. Are you absolutely sure the AI is hardcoded to recruit mercenaries only on VH? Because I played a few other mods in the past and I definitely saw it recruit mercenaries on H too.
    Well, nothing is absolute in Med2 engine, even maths looks skewed at times... Anyway, I think that the AI can recruit on H (and perhaps at M?), but at VH it recruits merc (much) more often.

Default Change difficulty mid-campaign?

When I first played Medieval 2, I played on hard/hard difficulty. I won generally won it and was confident enough to try hard on SSHIP. Granted I'm still probably new but I trust my gut.

Turn 330 my neighbours have expanded to such a degree that they are spamming stacks of Feudal Knights at me, and all my alliances fell apart despite high reputation. Battles are exceedingly difficult and I rely purely on cavalry as the Hard battle difficulty means that Enemy Heavy Infantry will always win in a melee. It doesn't help that the bulk of my forces are militias and levy, unable to really field armies of troops higher quality than professional due to my many enemies and the need to spread forces thin to cover them all.

If I can't change the difficulty mid-campaign, are there any tips for my painful HRE campaign? Should I start going on offensives by now.

Default Re: Change difficulty mid-campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by PishPosh View Post
    When I first played Medieval 2, I played on hard/hard difficulty. I won generally won it and was confident enough to try hard on SSHIP. Granted I'm still probably new but I trust my gut.

Turn 330 my neighbours have expanded to such a degree that they are spamming stacks of Feudal Knights at me, and all my alliances fell apart despite high reputation. Battles are exceedingly difficult and I rely purely on cavalry as the Hard battle difficulty means that Enemy Heavy Infantry will always win in a melee. It doesn't help that the bulk of my forces are militias and levy, unable to really field armies of troops higher quality than professional due to my many enemies and the need to spread forces thin to cover them all.

If I can't change the difficulty mid-campaign, are there any tips for my painful HRE campaign? Should I start going on offensives by now.
    Unfortunatelly, it's not possible to change difficulty level mid-game in the Medieval2 engine.

This is important message for us that even at turn 330 it is getting so difficult. One would expect that the worst is behind you.

Feudal Knights Spam - we're working to limit it, and in the August version it should be easier. But there might be a problem with recruitment as signalled in the other thread by William and Sannitico....

Hi, turn 330 is a quite advanced point of your campaign. According to my experience, you should be able in this phase to substain at least three stable and almost full composed elite armies in the most critical points of your kingdom. You should use at this point militias and levies just to patrol settlements. Maybe something gone wrong in the early game. At H/H difficulty you should prepare yourself for mid and late game carefully since the beginning.

In this case, my tips are:

1) plan carefully money use.

For example, some settlements are more lucrative than others. Focus commercial and financial building in this points (generally are cities but even castles can be very lucrative sometimes).

2) plan carefully your expansion, you can't fight back all enemies!

HRE is sourraunded by potential enemies and you should focus your expansion only on one front (west, east, south or north). Choose a front and make sure to keep alliances on the other ones. How? A certain ammount of politic skill can be useful. For example, arranging marriages, granting military access to the most trusted neighbours, convince your allies to attack your enemies paying them well. This last point is very important because relationships with your neighbour will improve and he will engaged with another faction, lowering possibility of betraying.

3) "human supply chain"

What said for 1) is quite true for military buildings too. You should diversify the functions of your settlements, locating some sites. For example, a city or a castle should be focused on recruting infantry, ranged units or mounted ones. Bulding everything everywhere is useless and just drains your money. If you do it in the early game, in mid game you will be able to send against enemies fresh armies constantly, and you will be albe to retrain, merge or replace damaged units quite costantly.

4) agents are usefull

Use your agents. Merchants can bring a lot of moneys and assassins can rid off for you enemy generals, making a lot easier the battles.
    Last edited by Sannitico; August 19, 2023 at 12:23 PM.

Yep, I use a lot of Merchants. And I always put military structures at frontier settlements.

Honestly it seems less so that the AI has more troops, and moreso that they neglect garrisoning any frontier city at the border of rival AI.

As an example, France in my Campaign had just conquered half of the Iberian Peninsula. Obviously, Spain has a claim to the territories they conquered so Spain ( and Aragon ) would declare war on them fairly soon. But instead of keeping soldiers there, they leave their newly conquered lands completely defenseless and swing all of their invasion force towards me, making it seem like they have more soldiers total when in actuality they've just put the entirety of their army on their borders. I guess this is unavoidable with Medieval 2 AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Unfortunatelly, it's not possible to change difficulty level mid-game in the Medieval2 engine.

This is important message for us that even at turn 330 it is getting so difficult. One would expect that the worst is behind you.

Feudal Knights Spam - we're working to limit it, and in the August version it should be easier. But there might be a problem with recruitment as signalled in the other thread by William and Sannitico....

Also, speaking of difficulty, I would like to ask what VH and H do exactly, both for battle and campaign ( Asking because I'm now fighting the Byzantines, France, and Pisan ). I know there's a few pop-ups in-game but I forgot what it said. . .

And, in your opinion, what would your ideal difficulty for campaign in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    In this thread the differences between difficulty levels are listed, for the players to get their bearings in chosing what they want to play. If you want to know more about the mechanics of the listed bonuses, read the relevant threads in the subforum and/or the description in the download section.

The parameters that increase gradually with the increase of the difficulty level:
    - AI factions kings' purse,
    - certain buildings benefits (esp. law and population growth),
    - special AI generals' traits;
    - certain regular traits are also coded to provide the AI with higher values (this is because the AI, unlike the player, doesn't know it should care about the parents' traits of the new generals, or it should better not recruit Man-Of-The-Hour, etc.);
    - bonuses from city walls and castles for the units recruited, eg:
    Code:
    ; WOODEN PALLISADE - MOREALE BONUS FOR AI 
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_medium 1
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1
            recruits_morale_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1
    ; WOODEN PALLISADE - EXPERIENCE BONUS FOR AI
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_hard 1 and event_counter late_era 1
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1 and event_counter high_era 1
            recruits_exp_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter ai_level_veryhard 1 and event_counter late_era 1
    I. Easy
    - player's kings' purse increased by 4k;

II. Medium:

III. Hard:
    - the initial, additional AI armies consist not only of a general, but also of a few (3-4) units;
    - AI kings' purse increased by 4k;
    - the player must pay additional money after a change of Faction Leader and Faction Heir;
    - rebel armies may appear in the conquered provinces;
    - additional unrest in the non-core settlements after a the conquest;
    - special AI traits provide better generals for the AI factions;
    - (hardcoded) the AI units get +2 buff to the morale values and a higher stamina to compensate its behaviour of running around.

IV. Very Hard:
    - AI kings' purse increased by 7k,
    - increased additional payments after a change of FL/FH,
    - certain buildings may get damaged after a conquest of a settlement;
    - rebel armies may appear in the conquered provinces more frequently than for H;
    - SupplyCosts script (you pay for an army abroad),
    - additional unrest in the settlements due to the player's aggressivity,
    - Player Agressivity Mechanism : turmoil and deterioration of diplomatic standing after capture of a settlement,
    - the special AI traits provide better generals for the AI factions,
    - (hardcoded) the AI recruits mercenaries and the rebel armies siege the settlements;
    - (hardcoded) the AI units get +5 buff to the morale values and a higher stamina to compensate its behaviour of running around.

Example of what can happen at VH after the conquest of a settlement: (1) spawned loyalist armies, (2) damage to a building, (3) the Player Aggressivity Mechanism kicks-in:
    Code:
        ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Sis After Capture

declare_counter current_name_Sis                        ; 0 - Sis
        set_event_counter Sis_turns_in_our_realm 550

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Sis

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE -----------------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox == 1

change_settlement_name Sis Sis                        ; Armenian: Sison

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis > 0
                end_if

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic == 1

change_settlement_name Sis SisLatin                    ; Latin: Sis

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis < 1
                end_if

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis > 1
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Sis 1

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_islam == 1

change_settlement_name Sis SisAdana                    ; Muslim: Adana

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Sis < 2
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Sis 2

end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN ----------------------------------------------------

if I_NumberOfSettlements jerusalem > 0                    ; faction that the population is loyal to exists
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_jerusalem < 1            ; exempted in core Iraq region
            and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = jerusalem

end_if

if I_CompareCounter pl_ec_id == 28
                end_if

spawn_army
                    faction jerusalem
                            unit    Armenian Cavalry            exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Knights Templar                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0                        
                            unit    Armenian Infantry            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements byzantium > 0                    ; faction that the population is loyal to exists
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_byzantium < 1            ; exempted in core Iraq region
            and I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium

end_if

end_if

spawn_army
                    faction byzantium
                end

end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                ; the conqueror is not a small faction
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2                    ; only for H/VH difficulties
            and not I_SettlementOwner Antioch = jerusalem
            and not I_SettlementOwner Antioch = byzantium

end_if

end_if

spawn_army
                    faction slave, sub_faction byzantium
                        character Ruven, named character, age 27, x 331, y 114
                        traits CounterOfBattles 2, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 4 , Hardened 1 , Anger 2 , BattleScarred 4 , Superstitious 3
                end

end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE INITIAL INTEGRATION, BUILDINGS DAMAGED & OTHER COUNTERS --------------------------------

set_event_counter Sis_turns_in_our_realm 0

inc_event_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 1
            end_if

and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4
            and RandomPercent < 66
                console_command set_building_health Sis hinterland_farms 30
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_AGRICULTURE_DAMAGED
            end_if

log --- Sis AFTER CAPTURE IMPACT ON PLAYER AGGRESSIVITY REPUTATION ------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1                            ; only player
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4                            ; VH difficulty

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1                    ; crowned FL

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3                    ; +3

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3        ; +3  Crowned FL Refined diplomatic skills
                        inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3                ; cumulative!

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2    ; +3  Crowned FL Mediocre diplomatic skills
                            inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3            ; cumulative!

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1                    ; UN-crowned

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6                    ; +6

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3        ; +6  UNcrowned FL Refined diplomatic skills
                        inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6                ; cumulative!

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2    ; +6  UNcrowned FL Mediocre diplomatic skills
                            inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6            ; cumulative!

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 24                    ; 25+, then player is warmonger: very high turmoil, fast deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 3            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_WARMONGER            ; info for the player
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 3        ; it will go down in another script
                    log ------ player warmonger info
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 12                    ;  13-24, then player is aggressive: high turmoil, deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity < 25
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 2            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_AGGRESSIVE
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 2
                    log ------ player aggressive info
                end_if

end_if

end_monitor

The AI generals' boost:
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------ AI boost difficulty levels
    Trait AI_Boost_Difficulty
     Characters family
     Hidden

Level Hidden
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 1

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 1
       Effect Loyalty 1
       Effect TroopMorale 1
       Effect MovementPoints 2
       Effect LineOfSight 10        ; improves the CAI behaviour
       Effect SiegeEngineering 20    ; less likehood for AI break a siege
       Effect LocalPopularity 2
       Effect Construction 10        ; the only way to induce the AI to build something
       Effect TrainingAgents 6         ; it seems the AI doesn't recruit all agents it could

Level Ai_Boost_Hard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2
       Effect TroopMorale 2
       Effect MovementPoints 4
       Effect LineOfSight 12
       Effect SiegeEngineering 40
       Effect LocalPopularity 4
       Effect Construction 15
       Effect TrainingAgents 8

Level Ai_Boost_VeryHard
       Description Hidden_desc
       Threshold 3

Effect Command 1
       Effect Piety 2
       Effect Loyalty 2
       Effect TroopMorale 3
       Effect MovementPoints 6
       Effect LineOfSight 14
       Effect SiegeEngineering 60
       Effect LocalPopularity 6
       Effect Construction 20
       Effect TrainingAgents 12
    Hey there, i suppose this is for campaign difficulty level, what about battles?

besides this:

I am not aware of the other buffs. I haven't coded any.

Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!