Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

@Redcoat
    No,you will still be able to M2TWRenaissance is in its own isolated folder with its own Bat launcher,just make sure you are installing to a 1.1 version of Medieval or the mod will not work correctly

Redcoat69's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    @Redcoat
    No,you will still be able to M2TWRenaissance is in its own isolated folder with its own Bat launcher,just make sure you are installing to a 1.1 version of Medieval or the mod will not work correctly
    k thanx just downloaded it. i had a problem at 1st but its smoth sailin now. Very good mod

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

@Sabre657
    No, this will only be a quick-fix patch; models, textures and anything such will only be released in 3.0.
    @Redcoat69
    No, it won't; M2TW has a very friendly mod architecture. You can have several mods installed at any given time, and still play M2TW vanilla.
    Note: RenTW officially is only compatible with M2TW 1.1, tough you may try it with 1.3, as, according to my experiences, it works (but it isn't 100% sure).
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; January 20, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Internazionale's Avatar Campidoctor

Does this work with 1.2? Love Renaissance warfare

Unfortunately the mod is currently only compatible with 1.1 officialy,but reports state that it seems to run alright on 1.3 look for an official update in the near future,and check out the threads involving the upcoming Renaissance:Total War 3.0!

Yes, you may try it with M2TW 1.3; there have been reports on it working well!

Redcoat69's Avatar Campidoctor

Yo why wen i play da mod it shuts off during da 1500's

@Redcoat
    are you playing the mod on 1.2 or 1.3???

Note: it doesn't even start a campaign with 1.2.

Hey, my nicest team!
    Just wanted to check on all of you... It seems that the progress has slowed down quite a bit (may I say, we're at a halt?). Maybe we should clear things related to progress up.
    What are we waiting for? First off, as justme insists on this being so, every faction should have one unit roster for early and one for late Renaissance era (is that even possible, considering every single faction?). Thus, we badly need the research of general historians (Holyromanknight2 and toopers (may I consider you a general historian?) are still on the team, Yggdrasill has, it seems, unfortunately left the TWC community, and Icefrisco hasn't joined our usergroup). May I count on you, can you handle the task or should I seek some extra researchers to aid you? (Fortunately, all factions have, or are promised to have, one unit roster already.)
    Second thing. The models and textures. Once we finally have every historical info we need (or even sooner) we'll need to have the new units modelled and skinned. I recall Sabre saying he was experimenting with a 3D modelling software; how does your progress go? Will you be able to handle all the modelling? Also, it seems ritght now you're our only skinner left.
    After these things are complete, we can proceed with coding (of which I myself can take a part) and scripting.
    I know, this is only a vague sketch of the work ahead of us; I really only intended to make everyone see what needs to be done.
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; January 30, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Won't be able to mod the sallets in, sorry. However, I can now combine any body with any weapon/shield, so the unit possibilities are pretty much endless.

As far as the unit rosters go,it is very possible,but it cannot be stressed enough that there were not really a ton of changes from 1500 to 1550 for a lot of the factions(The biggest change perhaps being that most of the major powers finally caught up to the gunpowder revolution by this time,and France had exclusive use of the Swiss units)I think at this point we all want to have the most accurate and well represented mod we can,but we must not waste valuable modding time searching for obscure units that were rarely if ever used in practice for every faction.Instead it is my belief that we put together the most accurate and well done beta we are able in a reasonable time line,and then add patches from there as research and such develops.On this note,I am going to post some pictures for French Knights of this era in the thread,hopefully they will be able to be made in the manner,or close to,that they are representedSpeaking of which,while it is in my mind,have we considered whether we will break accuracy concerning the french??for we desire to emphasise the Gunpowder use,but france relied most heavily upon Crossbows until 1535 or so,giving us not a lot of time within our mods frame for hand guns..
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; February 03, 2008 at 12:53 AM.

Well, seeing as we're left with a *very small* modding team and we need to focus our efforts as much as we can if we're to release something before empire hits the market, I'm ok with a single roster for each faction, so we can go ahead!

Won't be able to mod the sallets in, sorry
    that's a pitty, as I was hoping to see them in game

but france relied most heavily upon Crossbows until 1535 or so,giving us not a lot of time within our mods frame for hand guns
    well, if we have 4 turns per year, you'll have arquebuses for 80 turns at least, so that's not too short a time already...
    in any case, with my army reforms system you'd get arquebusiers in 1516 as France (ie 160 turns or so) and if we finally go for a single roster you may get them as early as 1500... and don't forget that you get hangonners from the beginning!

Good point indeed,I had almost forgotten the 4 turns per year,that should tidy things up well enoughWell then,onward and upward,and here is to hoping that progress starts at a steady pace

does it installed in its own separate folder or does it overwrite vanilla...except my vanilla is modded as well...hahaha.

RenTW, like very much every other mod, installs into its own, separate folder, so in itself it won't cause troubles.
    But there's no guarantee ANY mod will work with a modded vanilla (thus, if you changed something in the game's own folders and not inside mod folders).

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Guys if you can you should try and ask for units from other mods for instance sicilian vespers has some really good later skins and dawn of kingdoms has a really good late flemish pike skin that could go for a lot of late 15/early 16th century pike units. But you guys should ask SV as for instance the late polish light skin would work really well as it has a good uniform. I am still going to get milkshape so I can help out as I really want to see this released.
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

soo is this mod finished, or is it a beta?

Version 2.75 is ready, but that's more of a beta. 3.0 will be a real neat version, but it's still far far away.

oh, are there many things "missing" in 2.75?