Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War General Discussion and Main Download Link

Good news; I registered my copy of Milkshape just minutes ago, so I should be modelling within a day or two; I'll start with the Swiss Gassenhauers.

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Hooray! That's great news indeed!

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Uh..excuse me, but if i just want to install this without changing whole vannila, how to that ??

Edit: Is this compatible with 1.1 ???
    Last edited by Sinkron; December 28, 2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: My forgetness
    One shall fall, one shall rise.
    My Great Fatherland Prussia

Yes, it is totally 1.1-compatible. If you install it, you don't have to modify the vanilla installation, as it installs into an own directory, so there should be no problem.

Gassenhauers are done; I'll dig up the image I sent to toopers soon. I've also released a mini-mod with two new Ottoman heavy infantry units - I suppose we can use them in RenTW as well.

Okay..thank's DrIstvaan

So vanilla MD II 1.1 right ??
    Last edited by Sinkron; December 29, 2007 at 03:31 AM. Reason: My forgetness
    One shall fall, one shall rise.
    My Great Fatherland Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkron View Post
    Okay..thank's DrIstvaan

So vanilla MD II 1.1 right ??
    Yup!
    @Sabre
    For some reason, the page rejects to load for me; but I hope it will change. Anyway, I trust this is of your standard high quality .
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; December 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

The Swiss gunner and Landsknecht Doppelsoldner units are completed; I will get some pics up soon. I pretty tired though; it's 23:56 here in England!
    Last edited by TWoxy; December 30, 2007 at 04:18 AM.

Here are the new units; from left to right, Swiss Gassenhauers, Swiss Gunners and Landssknecht Doppelsoldners.

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sgshgdseq2.png

What? You were still awake and up on the net at 00:14 ? (Not that I went into bed before 1 AM, but I wasn't up here that late.)
    Anyway, the skins are quite nice and well-coloured IMO. Shiny!
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; December 30, 2007 at 03:02 AM.

They all have new meshes as well. Basically, from this point onwards, I can join any weapon (and/or shield) in M2TW with any body in M2TW. So we could (if we were a fantasy mod) have arquebus-armed Gothic knights!

Oh yeah, I was awake till that late because we had just hosted a family party. We spent most of the time playing on the Wii one of my cousins had brought! Seriously though, I would recommend a Wii to anyone, they're great fun, especially the sports games.
    Last edited by TWoxy; December 30, 2007 at 04:20 AM.

quite okay !!!

ähem when you can fit now the everything with everything can you please change the helmets from the swiss gassenhauers and from the gunners to the schaller helmet? i hate those viking looking helmet they are not historic! is it possible ?

do you ever go to the dev forum cause there I posted new infos about how some of the units should look like !!

can i have some feedback on the unit list ive made in the dev forum thanx to all! youre doing great work ! especially you sabre!!

I have tried, but the texture allocation does not work correctly. I am afraid we will have to keep the ahistorical helmets for the time being.

I don't mean to advertise, but would you guys mind checking out the mod in my sig? It started as a modelling project for two units but it's grown into something altogether larger. The units will definitely be available for us to use in RenTW as well.

thats a pity about the helmets...

nice work on the janissarys

witch units do you plan to do now ?

toopers, I've made those heavy pikemen. You wanted them to be dismounted Gothic Kinghts with pikes right? If not, I can easily change them.

On a completely different note, three hours and ten minutes to the new year here in England. Sadly, I won't be able to celebrate, as DrIstvaan is such a stern taskmaster and keeps my nose to the modelling grindstone; if I don't get the new meshes complete, he'll beat me .
    Last edited by TWoxy; December 31, 2007 at 02:14 PM.

I have corrected the Reiters; they no longer have boar spears as secondary weapons. Instead, they swords, like Yggdrasill said they should.

very nice!! and a happy new year to you!

spend some time for yourself and dont bother about dristvaan!!

Woah, toopers, I was joking! Did you read the post about those heavy pikemen by the way?

Oh yes, and a happy new year to the entire team!