Thread: No change in trade on financial report

Default No change in trade on financial report

v2.35 r3.5 Rome: Turn 1-13 @ $2387; despite that I signed 6 trade deals. What's going on?

Thanks.

Default Re: No change in trade on financial report

Anyone know? With DEI, every trade agreement I get I see my annual income climb. And in Shogun 2, control of off shore trade nodes are a gold mine.

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, each city has a certain number of trade routes that can be made by sea and you automatically trade with all trade-able adjacent land territories. You can increase the number of sea trade routes by upgrading ports. They say in the description "number of trade fleets available X". Your city will automatically trade with the most profitable territories for each city. Getting trade deals with other factions just adds their cities to the list of possible tradable territories. If your cities are already make more money trading with each other than with the AI, there will be no change in your trade money. If you land-border the AI however, you will autotrade with a land route if you get a trade deal. You can check it all in the trade tab on the city guide panel. It should be down on the bottom.

Trade is done city-by-city in Med 2 instead of the faction as a whole like in later total war games. Each city gets to trade the resources in it's hinterlands so some cities are much more profitable than others depending on their available resources. Being able to trade with multiple partners is also good so areas like Italy and the Aegean with many rich cities that can all trade each other will be your gold mine.

Thanks. I looked it up in the MTW2 docs and it works very different than later TW titles.

Personally I like it because its a bit more immersive for city development which Med 2 does better than pretty much all the sequels. Especially in a slower paced mod like this one you can really dedicate some time to each city. The only thing it is missing is naval battles but that's what Empire is for.

I was mainly trying to understand the mechanic and if I was doing something wrong.

I think all the various Romes on TW engines: have something to commend them. But without doubt EBII, provides more historic contexts that anything else.

I think that most important thing that EBII and other media brings to light is that those who came before were no less intelligent or sophisticated than us; they just had knowledge of different things. In fact, a YouTube channel I am following is that Rome was well poised to experience an 1800 British Industrial Revolution was not so far fetched.

Given Rome's technology, I would argue that the strongest reason that did not happen was human slavery. Slavery stifles a search for machine productivity and intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    I was mainly trying to understand the mechanic and if I was doing something wrong.

I think all the various Romes on TW engines: have something to commend them. But without doubt EBII, provides more historic contexts that anything else.

I think that most important thing that EBII and other media brings to light is that those who came before were no less intelligent or sophisticated than us; they just had knowledge of different things. In fact, a YouTube channel I am following is that Rome was well poised to experience an 1800 British Industrial Revolution was not so far fetched.

Given Rome's technology, I would argue that the strongest reason that did not happen was human slavery. Slavery stifles a search for machine productivity and intelligence.
    Slavery and the fact that the only thing the aristocracy of this era were interested in was land, was why technology stagnated. Slaves were cheap, there was little meaningful return on investment in anything that was labour-saving.