Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why do you believe in God, or why not?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Why do you believe in God, or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Adam didn't exist. He's only a parable.

The pregnant woman. No one else. She's the only one, who has to bear the dangers of birth.
    Morticia luna Bruti,

How do you know he didn't exist? I believe that Jude the brother of Jesus could trace his ancestry back to Adam plus Luke when investigating found the same.

So, based on dangers that might only apply to a few as women are giving birth all over the world as I write that gives them the right to murder their own child?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Plenty of geological, paläontological, genetical evidences have proven that the biblical creation story is only myth.

We have that already discussed many times. And i won't do it again.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I believe that Jude the brother of Jesus could trace his ancestry back to Adam plus Luke when investigating found the same.
    lots of cultures can trace a linage of person x and family Y back to some mythical ancestor (of some divine origin).

So, based on dangers that might only apply to a few
    A few you are tad callous there your few is over 300,000 world wide and is likely an under count.

Jesus said that we are conceived in sin meaning until we are born again sin is an integral part of our nature thanks to Adam
    As always somebody said he said that. Second of course Not thanks to Adam, rather thanks to a callous god who punished everything for three persons mistake. Also of course the Christians who did not think your particular interpretation was correct got you know purged from the church.
    Last edited by conon394; February 07, 2022 at 06:55 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Plenty of geological, paläontological, genetical evidences have proven that the biblical creation story is only myth.
    We have that already discussed many times. And i won't do it again.
    Morticia luna Bruti,

So my dear, you would rather be descended from a monkey? Really? Your second remark sounded just like my mother yet she when alive here on earth believed in Jesus Christ with all her heart. She gave birth to five of us, none of whom were really worthy of her.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Morticia luna Bruti,

So my dear, you would rather be descended from a monkey? Really? Your second remark sounded just like my mother yet she when alive here on earth believed in Jesus Christ with all her heart. She gave birth to five of us, none of whom were really worthy of her.
    I'd rather not have to wait till my food is finished and be satiated already, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm hungry and waiting.

Let me ask you something. On how many meds are you right now? Do you realize that every time you take a pill or see the doctor with a health issue, you're staking your life on the same scientific process that brought us knowledge of evolution, rather than your faith and wishes?

So my dear, you would rather be descended from a monkey? Really?
    It is simply self just, vain and arrogant to think you are better than an ape.

Have chimps fought two world wars with millions of death? Have chimps killed millions because of wrong race or religion? Have chimps invented something like slavery?

And with your own logic:

Have chimps eaten from the forbbidden fruit, so that they brought sin to earth?

No, so why do you think then, you are better?

But it don't matter, what i think, because:

The chimpanzee and bonobo are humans' closest living relatives.

These three species look alike in many ways, both in body and behavior. But for a clear understanding of how closely they are related, scientists compare their DNA, an essential molecule that's the instruction manual for building each species. Humans and chimps share a surprising 98.8 percent of their DNA. How can we be so similar--and yet so different?

So Much Alike...

Human and chimp DNA is so similar because the two species are so closely related. Humans, chimps and bonobos descended from a single ancestor species that lived six or seven million years ago. As humans and chimps gradually evolved from a common ancestor, their DNA, passed from generation to generation, changed too. In fact, many of these DNA changes led to differences between human and chimp appearance and behavior.

Comparing Chimp, Bonobo and Human DNA | AMNH

And finally i FEEL and can see it, that human apes are related to us:

JOY
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

PAIN and FEAR of Dying
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is simply self just, vain and arrogant to think you are better than an ape.
    Have chimps fought two world wars with millions of death? Have chimps killed millions because of wrong race or religion? Have chimps invented something like slavery?
    Gombe Chimpanzee War
    The Gombe Chimpanzee War was a violent conflict between two communities of chimpanzees in Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania between 1974 and 1978. The two groups were once unified in the Kasakela community. By 1974, researcher Jane Goodall noticed the community splintering.[1] Over a span of eight months, a large party of chimpanzees separated themselves into the southern area of Kasakela and were renamed the Kahama community. The separatists consisted of six adult males, three adult females and their young.[1] The Kasakela was left with eight adult males, twelve adult females and their young.

During the four-year conflict, all males of the Kahama community were killed, effectively disbanding the community. The victorious Kasakela then expanded into further territory but were later repelled by another community of chimpanzees.
    First blood was drawn by the Kasakela community on January 7, 1974,[5] when a party of six adult Kasakela males consisting of Humphrey, Figan, Jomeo, Sherry, Evered, and Rodolf ambushed the isolated Kahama male Godi while he was feeding on a tree.[6] This was the first time that any of the chimpanzees had been seen to deliberately kill a fellow male chimpanzee.[5] After they had slain Godi, the victorious chimpanzees celebrated boisterously, throwing and dragging branches with hoots and screams.

After Godi fell, De was taken out next, and then Hugh.[7] Later on came the elderly Goliath. Throughout the war, Goliath had been relatively friendly with the Kasakela neighbors when encounters occurred. However, his kindness was not reciprocated and he was killed.[8] Only three Kahama males remained: Charlie, Sniff, and Willy Wally, who was crippled from polio. Without a chance to strike back, Charlie was killed next.[9] After his death, Willy Wally disappeared and was never found. The last remaining Kahama male, the young Sniff, survived for over a year.[10] For some time it seemed as if he might escape into a new community or be welcomed back to the Kasakelas, but this did not occur. Sniff, too, fell to the Kasakela war band.[11] Of the females from Kahama, one was killed, two went missing, and three were beaten and kidnapped by the Kasakela males.[12] The Kasakela then succeeded in taking over the Kahama's former territory.[12]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Deadly fights about territories are quite normal among predators. Lions even kill the alien offspring. Still there is a difference between this and for example the crusades.

I read of a chimpanzee whose co-chimpanzees bit a finger off in a zoo. Visitors were horrified to see that poor chimp beaten and abused by his fellow apes that brutally... The staff of the zoo said this was normal behaviour. I can´t find the source for this anymore, you might trust me that I tell the truth.
    Also I heard of lions and hyenas having wars in Africa... This entire planet is out to kill you, and in that sense this is truly a fallen world.

I am a believer and I do not know why all these bad things happen, but God, one must not brush aside so easily.
    There is a plan for everyone of us, and one day we can ask Him ourselves why this or that had to happen.
    "God's ways are inscrutable", as we say here. I believe, that we all have to face Jesus one day and he will judge us accordingly to what we did and didn´t do in our test-life here on earth.
    He is all-loving and all forgiving, but he is just aswell. If you aborted your child, or even children, you will be judged accordingly. Abortion is propably the gravest of sins, thats why I mention it here. Many of us will go to the purgatory, where we are cleansed from sin and be ready to enter heaven finally. Many will go to hell I fear. If hell is forever, I don´t know.

I have a short video about Irlmaier, where he sees the soul of a woman standing outside a farmer´s house, rubbing her hands nervously. Irlmaier told the son, that his mother was still on earth, because she had aborted her first child. It would be of great importance to pray for her and let holy masses be held:

The embedded video does not work at the moment, here the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mFcCjjXY-E

For those of you who dont know Irlmaier, you can read-on here.
    Last edited by razerbelkin; February 08, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
    ישוע הוא האלוהים האמיתי היחיד ואני אוהבת אותו

Chimpanzees fighting over territories is quite different than humans fighting over territories...

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by razerbelkin View Post
    I read of a chimpanzee whose co-chimpanzees bit a finger off in a zoo. Visitors were horrified to see that poor chimp beaten and abused by his fellow apes that brutally... The staff of the zoo said this was normal behaviour. I can´t find the source for this anymore, you might trust me that I tell the truth.
    Also I heard of lions and hyenas having wars in Africa... This entire planet is out to kill you, and in that sense this is truly a fallen world....
    If only we could return to Eden when all the animals were vegetarian. That was back when God showed Adam all the animals to see if would marry one of them.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

If he had would he have then be damned forever for sodomy?

Morticia luna Bruti,

When God made all us creatures He did so to a pattern which was the usage of DNA. That didn't make us relatives at all for each was patterned to its own kind, why? So that no kind would intermingle with another. Because our DNA can be close doesn't mean that we are related by any means at all.

Sar1n,

As it so happens I am on quite a few meds provided in creation by God for our benefit. It doesn't prove evolution at all as no science has ever proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    So that no kind would intermingle with another. Because our DNA can be close doesn't mean that we are related by any means at all.
    Donkeys and horses? Mules.

Lions and Tiger? Liger.

Dogs and Wolves? Wolf hybrids.

Species can mix because they are related.

And we have in our DNA partial DNA from Neanderthals, because this different, but related species had offspring with our species together.

But Basics you don't need to answer, i'm not interested in your missionary attempts. In fact i feel more more that i'm wasting my time here, but life is too short for such fruitless discussions.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; February 09, 2022 at 03:43 AM.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Donkeys and horses? Mules.

Lions and Tiger? Liger.

Dogs and Wolves? Wolf hybrids.

Species can mix because they are related.

And we have in our DNA partial DNA from Neanderthals, because this different, but related species had offspring with our species together.

But Basics you don't need to answer, i'm not interested in your missionary attempts. In fact i feel more more that i'm wasting my time here, but life is too short for such fruitless discussions.
    Better yet ever so rarely a mule female gives birth which means that birth is one of the transitional animals basics likes to pretend don't exist.

----

So that no kind would intermingle with another. Because our DNA can be close doesn't mean that we are related by any means at all.
    That is fairly nonsensical you can't have both options.
    Last edited by conon394; February 09, 2022 at 10:14 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Because our DNA can be close doesn't mean that we are related by any means at all.
    Unfortunately based on DNA evidence, the odds of the fixed species hypothesis being accurate are something like 1:5000000000000000000……

Common ancestry/speciation has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt, not even counting all the field experiments. Therefore, the odds humans were created in the image of an anthropomorphic deity are also pretty long.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Chimpanzees fighting over territories is quite different than humans fighting over territories...
    If humans had nothing but fists and stones, there would be no significant difference in motivations or methods.

I think the character of small-scale human warfare is almost identical to chimpanzee warfare—taking territory/resources, killing all the males, while sparing some of the females to take as captives—and that was most human conflict for most of the time our species has existed. Humans are much less impulsively violent than chimpanzees because we’ve domesticated ourselves, but our mental facilities and technology make us more capable of calculated violence:

Abstract: Two major types of aggression, proactive and reactive, are associated with contrasting expression, eliciting factors, neural pathways, development, and function. The distinction is useful for understanding the nature and evolution of human aggression. Compared with many primates, humans have a high propensity for proactive aggression, a trait shared with chimpanzees but not bonobos. By contrast, humans have a low propensity for reactive aggression compared with chimpanzees, and in this respect humans are more bonobo-like. The bimodal classification of human aggression helps solve two important puzzles. First, a long-standing debate about the significance of aggression in human nature is misconceived, because both positions are partly correct. The Hobbes–Huxley position rightly recognizes the high potential for proactive violence, while the Rousseau–Kropotkin position correctly notes the low frequency of reactive aggression. Second, the occurrence of two major types of human aggression solves the execution paradox, concerned with the hypothesized effects of capital punishment on self-domestication in the Pleistocene. The puzzle is that the propensity for aggressive behavior was supposedly reduced as a result of being selected against by capital punishment, but capital punishment is itself an aggressive behavior. Since the aggression used by executioners is proactive, the execution paradox is solved to the extent that the aggressive behavior of which victims were accused was frequently reactive, as has been reported. Both types of killing are important in humans, although proactive killing appears to be typically more frequent in war. The biology of proactive aggression is less well known and merits increased attention.
    Two types of aggression in human evolution

I don’t think chimpanzees are any less prone to calculated (proactive) violence than we are, they just aren’t as good at it, due to lack of long-term planning and complex problem solving ability. Chimps just don't have the mental chops for logistics and industrial scale genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

I don’t think chimpanzees are any less prone to calculated (proactive) violence than we are, they just aren’t as good at it, due to lack of long-term planning and complex problem solving ability. Chimps just don't have the mental chops for logistics and industrial scale genocide.
    Really Sumskilz you never seen planet of the apes?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Atheist. No one has ever proved its existence to me (and I would love to believe, believe me).

Edit: Should I know why are you talking about chimpanzees, read the last page? Is it relevant?
    Last edited by mishkin; February 09, 2022 at 01:03 PM.