Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are Chalybes-Khaldoi ?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Icon11 Who are Chalybes-Khaldoi ?

Who are first iron smiths on earth - Chalybes/Khaldoi ?Which ethnic tribes do they belong to? And what information do you have about them?

no one knows?

I will give you a hint - the clay tablets of Amenhotep III (reigned 1390–53 BCE) say that iron is imported to Egypt From an area which the Greeks call Colchis.
    Can you guess?
    This is a historical-genetic study of Indo-Europeans, but you can see where Kartvelian Tribes live. They live where Xenophon mentions the Kartvelian tribes- Chalybes, Macrones, Mossynoeci, Sanni, Tubal/Tibareni, Drilae...

https://indo-european.info/wiki/index.php/Germanic

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...olchian_tribes
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 13, 2021 at 01:22 PM.

Default Re: Who are Chalybes-Khaldoi ?

I cannot guess, My history of this region is very limited. Just yesterday i learned i have been playing Pontos wrong, I thought Keeping hellenistic culture was important for colonist, and units, Now i know that does not matter. just the level of poleis.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I cannot guess, My history of this region is very limited. Just yesterday i learned i have been playing Pontos wrong, I thought Keeping hellenistic culture was important for colonist, and units, Now i know that does not matter. just the level of poleis.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalybes

If you are interested you will find many papers

Chalybes were then conquered by Hittites and Hittites used chalybes knowledge of Steel blacksmithing and Colchian iron Mines. The chalybs only worked in iron mines and worked in steel. Other activities they did not pursue. There were Physically strong and cruel people. They did not share their knowledge with anyone. Related to this theme is the journey of the Argonauts in Colchis.Also, the Kartvelian tribes were the first to obtain and process gold. After the fall of the hurrian kingdom of Urartu , part of their lands were conquered by the Armenians and were called conquered Chalybs -ArmenoChalybes

Today these people are Laz - Zan (Kartvelian) people from the territory of Turkey - They still live on the shores of the Black Sea

I am studying 3D and soon you will see historically accurate Kartvelian Units
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 10, 2021 at 06:27 PM.

Foederatus

I have to admit, i am so incredibly stupid i believed it was for real for a minute…
    Now im expecting the team to create a new war clown unit
    It would be totally worth the unit slot

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Ampe211

Kartvelian tribes were excellent blacksmiths, farmers, warriors. On the map you can see that the population of Pontus was inhabited by Kartvelian tribes. These are not Georgian "Nationalists" maps. These are foreign maps - based on genetic-historical material.

Colchians, Circassians - these units were created according to my sketches.

Goodbye, good luck . You will read the rest of the story in the books.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 12, 2021 at 07:33 AM. Reason: off topic personal references removed

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread re-opened, please stay on topic. Personal references are always off topic outside the administrative forums.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 12, 2021 at 07:49 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Erken

Horned masks symbolize the ancient Georgian forest deity, who looks like a goat - Ochopintre, ochokochi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochokochi

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Erken

Horned masks symbolize the ancient Georgian forest deity, who looks like a goat - Ochopintre, ochokochi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochokochi

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Erken View Post
    great news. this is fantasy, but from Kartvelian mithology. beutiful

i draw ochokochi style Tribal Axemans with mountain goat horned helmet fantasy art in near future

i think hornet helmets maybe have ... Forms are sometimes repeated.It represents Kartvelian culture. bulls, goats and other animals cult is were in ancient Kartvelian tribes.

There is a source that Kartvelian tribes wore horned helmets. in black sea coast .I used to oppose this. But I found references. I will find
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I found some references about Chalybes

Herodotus(484 – c. 425 BC) : Chalybes had Copper helmet With bull horns and ears, bull leather little shields, two lycian Spears, The legs are wrapped in a dark red cloth.

Xenophon(430 – c.355 BC) : Chalybes Were very brave warriors.They danced and sang during the battle, They hunted on the heads of the enemy. They had straight iron swords(Colchians have similar swords) , They wore flax armor. Which had flax spinning ropes on the lower side.They had helmets and Calves/Thigh protection . They also had very long and large spears.

Copper horned helmets- will be interesting...If anyone wants to update them, I can draw concept art
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 13, 2021 at 04:43 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Surpris, I have said before that the Minoans and Colchians have common origins. But at the forum I was ridiculed and Georgian scientists were called nationalists. But modern science thinks differently.

Do you know who the queen of Minos was? Circe - sister of kings of Colchis - Aieti . The ancient Greeks directly said that the pre-Hellenic population was Pelasgians,The Greeks always associated the Pelasgians with the Colchian world.

Before you smile, first look at modern studies

https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplo..._Mediterranean
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 17, 2021 at 09:10 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Erken

i draw Ochokochi unit ...

I'm joking

I draw Chalybean Head Hunter .

Herodotus(484 – c. 425 BC) : Chalybes had Copper helmet With bull horns and ears, bull leather little shields, two lycian Spears, The legs are wrapped in a dark red cloth.

Xenophon(430 – c.355 BC) : Chalybes Were very brave warriors.They danced and sang during the battle, They hunted on the heads of the enemy. They had straight iron swords(Colchians have similar swords) , They wore flax armor. Which had flax spinning ropes on the lower side.They had helmets and Calves/Thigh protection . They also had very long and large spears.

Last edited by Khevsur; December 14, 2021 at 05:10 PM.

Last edited by Erken; December 15, 2021 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Updated on request of the Georgian culture minister

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Dear team, do you see how much I work for the game? Do you see that?

news, I planned Mossynoeci Spearmen

Xenophon mentions the Kartvelian tribe on the Black Sea coast, They were the most barbaric tribe they had ever met in Pontus, They lived in tall wooden towers. They were publicly engaged in sex, They acted like crazy. The body was painted with flowers in the sun. They had Paplagonian-like leather helmets, Long- ivy leaf-like, withe color bulls leather covered Shields, Colchian axes, Canvas clothing up to the knees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mossynoeci

You are not working for the game. You are trying to force your will on the EB team. Considering that the team made it abundantly clear that they don't want your input, what you are now doing amounts to nothing more than trolling. Please stop it!

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    You are not working for the game. You are trying to force your will on the EB team. Considering that the team made it abundantly clear that they don't want your input, what you are now doing amounts to nothing more than trolling. Please stop it!
    Do you call history trolling? The history of this region does not begin with me and the team .If I am a troll, why are my concepts in the game - Circassian and Colchian warriors ?And why they replaced the Bronze Age knives according to the material I provided to the team That does not happen. Use my knowledge whenever you want and then call me troll

I do not force anything on anyone, I will show you the history of this region.Why are you not thankful... Do you really like that this region is empty?

Do you think I'm lying?

Want to give you literature and read?
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 15, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

I guess that means that you will continue.

Maybe you can limit yourself to this thread and not bother people in other threads.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by bismarck 1899 View Post
    I guess that means that you will continue.

Maybe you can limit yourself to this thread and not bother people in other threads.
    I do not bother anyone, I post information about this region. If you do not like it you can not read my posts, Not everyone is a fan of German units, some like Pontus and Armenia very much.

You can not forbid me to talk about history and draw
    Do you understand boy !!!? If you want me to repeat you !?

You give yourself a lot of rights
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 15, 2021 at 04:10 PM.

You English is so bad, I have no idea what you mean. Be that as it may, we are done. Continue if you must.

I'm looking forward to you arguing that Jesus was actually from Georgia.
    Last edited by bismarck 1899; December 15, 2021 at 04:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast