Thread: French Uniform

Default French Uniform

Hi,
    it's possible to change the uniform in the SP campaign from early (with bicorn) to late (with shako)? Thanks

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: French Uniform

It's complicated, only the newly recruited units will have the new shako's. All of the older remaining units will continue with their existing uniforms until disbanded.

ok,but from 1807 it's available the shako for new recruited units?

No

Would it be possible to make an optional pack file that only changes the uniforms which we can load manually? Say that, it's 1809 so I log out of the game, load the late war uniforms pack file, and then continue playing as normal? Kind of like how LME did it. I understand if it's just not possible though since the mod team already has quite a lot to work with, and NTW3 still is a passion project. I've actually been planning to do it myself but I'm really bad with PFM and I might end up just breaking the game. Still, I'd like to take the opportunity to say thank you because this mod is the only reason I genuinely play Napoleon

It might be possible if you changed out the uniform & uniform colors table in the DB tables. You would then have to also load a new set of uniform variant files with the new uniforms to update the existing units in the campaign.