Thread: How to edit the combat stats of General/Captain models?

Default How to edit the combat stats of General/Captain models?

Ive been looking around export_descr_unit to edit a couple of things, mainly to give Generals/ Captains (as in the individual model itself) a high attack stat and more melee defence skill so they can fight better and look cool while doing it when you zoom in on them.

However, it seems that I could only edit the stats of the bodyguard models that accompany the general and not the general themselves. I tried searching around export_descr_unit to find the default stats generals use in the combat map, but my search remains inconclusive.

Do General models use the same stats of their bodyguard just with the additional buffs their ancillaries give them? Or are their stats hidden in another folder?

Default Re: How to edit the combat stats of General/Captain models?

They get attack and defense from the bodyguard (i think with a little bonus but cant remember right now)
    They get the HP from the bodyguard, +5 bonus and +/- max. 5 from traits/ancs. Officers get +1 HP if iam not mistaken.
    Mass and hitbox size are hardcoded and not taken from the unit if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    They get attack and defense from the bodyguard (i think with a little bonus but cant remember right now)
    They get the HP from the bodyguard, +5 bonus and +/- max. 5 from traits/ancs. Officers get +1 HP if iam not mistaken.
    Mass and hitbox size are hardcoded and not taken from the unit if i remember correctly.
    Ah I see.
    Iíll try to test it out in custom battles later and give the generalís body guard 1 stats for everything to see if the bodyguard unit actually serves as the baseline for the Generalís stats. Iíll respond to you later when I can, thanks for your time. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo00182 View Post
    I pitted a NE bodyguard with peasant stats and put the General model himself directly on front of a Hospitaller unitís charge. Suffice to say, the general went down like a pile of leaves. Pitted a Fatimid Caliphate general to do the same, and he actually survived more than 3 hits to the face and took a beating from the Hospitaller general himself without dying instantly.

I see. Thanks for the advice btw!