Thread: Buildingchain classifications for building browser

Icon14 Buildingchain classifications for building browser

In the building browser, all building chains (core_building, smiths, ...) are organized into a few categories like core, defence, ...

These categories do not show in export_descr_buildings.txt because they were previously hardcoded into the .exe BUT in the remaster, you can control them:

Code:

building academic
    {
        classification core
        icon school
        levels academy scriptorium ludus_magnus
        {
            academy 
            {
                capability
                {
    This will override the hardcoded assignment of academic to classification "culture" and assign it to "core" instead.

Although it seems that only these few classifications can actually be used: core, defence, military, trade, water, culture, religious
    The documentations mention also these: fortification, infrastructure, other but they don't seem to work, they do not show up in the building browser.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way to rename these entries?
    2) Is there a way to add new classifications?
    3) Is there a way to at least activate these: fortification, infrastructure, other?
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4,6 Ghz AM4 | GPU: 2x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti Gainward Ghost OC 8GB GDRR6 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600 Mhz C18 16 GB | SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 4TB M.2 NVMe 3 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum 550 Watt | MB: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi | Case: be quiet! Silent Base 801 Silver

Long: New York Stock Exchange: MO, XOM, AAL, AMZN, FB, MSFT, GOOGL, AMD, CRM | Wiener Börse: POST, BG, ADKO, UBS | London Stock Exchange: BP, BATS | Hong Kong Stock Exchange: 3988, 601318 | Euronext Paris: ORA, FP | Bolsa de Madrid: ELE | Coinbase: BTC
    Short: -

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Buildingchain classifications for building browser

I think Feral was considering to use Castles or permanent Forts as in MTW2, thus fortifications. I have no clue on the others. That being said, do the construction time and costs work-as not all did before?

Default Re: Buildingchain classifications for building browser

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    I think Feral was considering to use Castles or permanent Forts as in MTW2, thus fortifications.
    Nope, that system is completely unrelated

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    I have no clue on the others. That being said, do the construction time and costs work-as not all did before?
    Pretty sure these got fixed as part of the issue with the lack of support for negative time and construction bonuses not working.

https://github.com/FeralInteractive/...4.md#buildings

As per the documentation in the file only these can be used:

; Example:
    ; classification core|defence|military|trade|water|culture|religious

also this

(deprecated, but recognised:fortification|infrastructure|other)
    ; This tells the game which category of the building browser to use.
    ; RomeHD has subtly different classifications than the original, so note the deprecated classifications, they wont work anymore.

You can check the strings files for the names used inside the game for these categories and mod those. However I don't think you can add more new ones.