Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Quote Originally Posted by youneuoy View Post
    what? and where is the turn?
    A bugged flood occured (at sea, instead of land), movement points of ships of all factions decreased to a half. It is possibly gonna take many turns, until it goes away (cant say for certain, as there is a 1/6 random chance it happens every year, which is 2 or 4 turns in this HS I think).

But the moment it goes away (before Stark turn, as they are first in turn order), the factions sooner in turn order could use the restored mps to defeat fleets of players of players later in turn order, who didnt know its going to get restored, hence though their ships are safe... hence the rule

Quote Originally Posted by caly6000 View Post
    Basically just Docking my Navy, till this storm blows over XD storms on Westros can last months XD seasons last years eh ��
    Well yea, though its not gonna be hurting your ships/men at sea, so you can move around just fine... as I said above, might take really long, so I suppose moving slower is better than not to move for half the HS

House Tyrell of Highgarden
    Turn №5

These are hard times - Renly treacherously attacked us(laid siege to our frontier fort). We sent Loras Tyrrel to him for negotiations, we hope that they will meet in a few turns in the capital and agree on eternal peace.
    Until agreements are established, we invite all surrounding lords to join our liberation war.

Foreign policy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

We offer all neighbors peace and trade. Our diplomats are already coming to you with this proposal.
    We invite all surrounding lords to join us in the liberation war.
    Our princesses are on their way - but where should they go in these dark times?

Our general entered the empty fort, formerly owned by Renly - "harvest hall". We are committed to developing this region.

We are not currently interested in choosing any side in the war for the throne. We demand more solid evidence of the rights to the throne from each side before making a decision.

Domestic policy:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Easing tax oppression
    Rebuilding settlements, engaged in peaceful development.

Turn to one of our future allies (House Martell of Sunspear):
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...op_martell.sav
    Last edited by youneuoy; April 08, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...op_Stark_5.sav

Stark up

god i hate this recruitment system lmao

Gaming Emeritus

The Lannister up https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...annister_5.sav

Seems that the proud lords of Westerlands didnt bother to build any rams or ladders... do they intend to jump over the walls with their horses?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

The recruitment system will improve vastly in 2-3 turns. At the start of the HS, we have already raised most of our troops

Well most of you did lmao

will need ext this time, apologies

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by keldo52 View Post
    Well most of you did lmao
    Could you be more specific on what problem you have with the system?
    The troops we have now were already there when the hotseat started. Are you saying that you were given too little troops at the start?

Gaming Emeritus

well, House Martell hasnt yet called their banners at the begining of the HS afaik, so he surely has less armies

I've sent the turn directly to reaktorkern because it's still without a password, since I was subbing him the last turn. If admin wants, I can provide the save.

Civis

https://workupload.com/file/dmhzz7QKmSq
    Greyjoy
    don't have time for rp now but maybe later on

Since we had a close but clear vote to remove this rule in the Art of War online battles hotseat, maybe we should consider doing it here as well?
    i believe it limits the defender too much, and it isn't even clear what it actually means, since it's quite vague.

The rule:
    During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square.

Last edited by Isenbard; April 14, 2022 at 09:18 AM.

Back at the twins, another youngster had come of age, and married a frey bride at the age of twelve, now the boy had been bought before Lord Walder Frey for his approval. The old man peered down at the lad, with a critical eye seeing something of value in one so young, as equally the boy looked at the elderly man. Once the lordship ceremony had been completed the lord of the twins waved all his brood to leave, apart from the boy to leave, and then he faced the boy directly.

"I see something in you boy....something of myself perhaps", he stood up from the frey throne seat and moved around the hall slowly, moving around the throneroom in the darkness of the castle, barely lit by the flickering torches.

"Some say you must be good at the sword.......certainly it must be taught.....and taught well" , he reached one of the guard whispering in his ear . The guard nodded after hearing his masters wish and strode towards the boy, suddenly whipping out his sword in a lightning move out of its scabbard, much to the boys alarm, but thinking it a test, he stood resolute in the face of what could be a danger, with only his eyes revealing his worried fears. But the guard turned the blade around , offering the boy the hilt of the sword, whilst supporting the blade, the frey boy took the sword, barely holding the weight of it, and slowly the point tipped downwards,the point hit the ground, despite the boys struggles, as Walder frey nodded knowingly.

"Its heavy, isnt it? {the old man began to move back to his throne, his body aching as old muscles strained against use] thats the thing with those bloody cleavers...you can swing em all bloody day, and the you might face someone who has'nt ..and then thats it...its all fecking over", the old man finally reached the throne and sat down with a small sigh ,looking again at the newest member of his family called to lordship with a piercing gaze, as the boy strained his muscles finally lifting the sword up again.

The guard behind the boy took off one of his mailed gloves, and with a checking eye to walder[who nodded] he clouted the young boy with the mailed glove over the back of the head, sending boy and sword tumbling across the floor with a smack . The boy groaned, looked daggers at the guard who gave a toothless grin as he re-equipment his mail glove and retrieved his sword. The boy rubbed the back of his head and stood-up , pain on his face, as Walder spoke again.

"Boy!...remember this well...You can learn to swing that bloody heavy bit of metal all day long......but its perhaps this metal {Walder held a Jot in his hand[a coin of some worth]}..that is easily carried ...{walder flung it to the guard, who caught it&pocketed it almost immediately} that can kill people all bloody day", the boy looked at the oldman , who was perhaps giving a small bit of the wisdom that he had learnt from his longyears, hoping it would make a spark of something in the young boy to make him start thinking about what it meant to be a frey lord.

"Now......get out of my sight!", said Walder frey as a small bit of drool ran from one side of his mouth as he called for a drink,as the young boy departed Walders throne room.

----------------

Black Walder Frey started to receive reports from Riverrun about the Lannister armies who hadnt even built any siege equipment for the first season of the siege, and even on the second season, only ladders and rams seem to be have built. Black Walder scoffed at such stuff , especially with the number the lannisters had bought , whilst the tullies had still left a adequate garrison behind.....fighting on the walls was no joke , when you were climbing from a ladder, whilst they were shooting at you.

Considering the two forces, he still didnt understand the lannisters strategy here, it would be a bloody battle to take Riverrun , considering the forces, it would be likely the lannisters would lose..and even if they did take the bloody town, with the two armies of Stark and Frey marching on it , with the losses they had taken , it was sure they could'nt hold it.

Black Walder scratched his head, his hair under his leather cap itchy and sweaty, in the summer sun, as he mused, that he did'nt understand the game, the lannisters were playing...and that worried him......

turn to house baratheon of dragonstone
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5iz2x7gqe...eon_5.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 07:07 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Will need a 24hr extension

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

It has been raised to my attention by Isenbard that the following rule may be imperfect: "
    During a siege battle, you are allowed to have only one unit in the central square, until you are in danger of loosing control of the square"
    He brought the possibility up of changing or removing this rule, and in turn I asked him to gather people who would be interested in discussing possible changes to this rule or the complete removal of it. He said that Caly, Arya, DrMac and Sluzazy supported discussions, so I bring the issue up here.

Supposedly the rule was removed with a vote in another online battle HS after in a battle, the defenders were to be forced to suicide attack the already captured walls with their last remaining units, because the rule prevented them from going back to the main plaza even as the walls were clearly lost.

I do believe this is an issue, but also that the rule shouldn't be altogether removed. My own proposed change is that we make an another exception to the rule which is: "If (as a defender) at least 75% of your forces were killed, you are allowed to defend near, around or in the central square."

Please, if you are against this change, say so in this thread. Of course, give your own suggestions to why there should / shouldn't be a change, and what else could be done."

It seems to me to be a wrong edit. Previously, it was possible to defend the center after the opponent was going to attack it - what should you do with your option if the opponent just goes to the center?
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

personally as a thing as a firm siege player i feel that the defender should be able to defend the walls or the central square as he pleases..if he wishes to defend just the square you are going to lose that wall firepower advantage....and if the attacker does'nt have enough forces to break a defence of the square defence, then perhaps he should'nt be attacking that settlement? would be my ten pennyworth
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz