Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

will need ext

Gaming Emeritus

Sorry for the delay, The Lannisters up! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...annister_3.sav

The riverlords gathered most of the bannermen to face Tywin Lannister and his mighty army at the crossing to the occupied lands of house Vance!

The one true king is up. One minor battle was autoresolved as per Tully wishes, so the prosperous metropolis of Willow Wood joins the righteous scarlet hordes.

Screenshots:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...wood_siege.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...ood_result.png

Save:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Joffrey_3.sav

Gaming Emeritus

Metropolis? Lol, what a

Recently i had a chance to see discussion on Hotseating Hub's discord. I no longer will to stay in the same campaign with youneyou. From what i saw i don't think game masters going to take any actions about it, that's why i'm leaving my faction. At this moment it just doesn't fell right to pretend that nothing happened on Ukraine. I must also express my deep disappointment of the game master's and admin's attitude towards this player.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

That's a shame. The beauty of this community is the lack of politics or other things involved in hotseats. For this reason I think it's very unfair to "call out" the admins for maintaining this premise.

You're free to leave of course. Sluzavyblin could sub you.

Gaming Emeritus

Ural, did you talk to Mergor and Dragon tho? They are the so called game masters here, not me. Afaik you talked only to me, who have no power in this matter, as I dont admin this HS.

Either way, dont be mistaken, Im 200% behind the Ukraine(in fact gonna spend my weekend helping to sort humanitarian supplies for Ukraine)
    Last edited by Jadli; March 18, 2022 at 03:39 PM.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

I would ask you to consider staying a bit Ural, especially because you didn't talk to me yet. The issue is being talked about, but this is a game community, we usually don't have to deal with political issues like this, so I am sorry we weren't fast enough. But we are working on it.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Sorry to see you leave Ural. I like to keep my gaming as an escape from the realities of our crappy world!

On that note, would we be able to get Joff a sub if Ural has left?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

For some reason every ship of mine has lost like 15 % men. They're not all in the same fleet so couldn't have been a storm. Really not sure what could have caused this

Gaming Emeritus

Definitely a storm, it hits an area, not a specific fleet

Well good that this was sorted out.

Arryn: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Arryn_3.sav

A storm has hit all of the Iron Islands recently, washing over many sailors from the ships. The Ironborn have withstood this event however, and their resolve is ever stronger.

Balon Greyjoy has wondered why the storm struck right now, when his soldiers have set sail. Then he remembered the deal with the Lannisters. A deal that he instigated and saw through. He chose the gold price and accepted trade and riches in a peaceful manner. This is not the preferred way of the Iron Islands. Here it is tradition to pay the iron price, to raid, kill and take what is yours from the corpse of your enemy. It looks like a divine punishment indeed. The Drowned God must be displeased for Balon's actions, though why has he not destroyed the entire fleet? It might be because he knows that the iron price will be payed soon enough and he knows Balon will deliver this in the end. For the sake of his people, this is what Balon must do to calm the storms and gain favor of his God again.

The Drowned God was in need of strong oarsmen.
    He has demanded a sacrifice and taken these men as his own.

House Arryn Sending trade and wishing to stay in their mountains and possibly aid my sisters If their In trouble XD

Twins Up : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Arryn_3.sav

Quote Originally Posted by caly6000 View Post
    House Arryn Sending trade and wishing to stay in their mountains and possibly aid my sisters If their In trouble XD

Twins Up : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Arryn_3.sav

the turn you left for the twins is listed as Arryn3 ..i tested it[just in case it was misnamed?] but it is isnt, it is arryn T3 , can you send me turn 3 for the twins please?
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Quote Originally Posted by Ural View Post
    Recently i had a chance to see discussion on Hotseating Hub's discord. I no longer will to stay in the same campaign with youneyou. From what i saw i don't think game masters going to take any actions about it, that's why i'm leaving my faction. At this moment it just doesn't fell right to pretend that nothing happened on Ukraine. I must also express my deep disappointment of the game master's and admin's attitude towards this player.
    Just in case, let me remind you that I expressed a sharply anti-war position. The most peaceful of all possible - a call for an end to all wars forever(not just stop, which is idiocy, but make impossible the material preconditions for wars). And I did it without the influence of emotions, unlike you. And I also did it even before the start of the war in Ukraine. Still, judging by your post, you don’t give a that my house has been bombed by the Ukrainian military for 8 years(and this did not end - shells fell on my hometown in the past days, there were also casualties among civilians, including children. As well as in cities under the control of the Ukrainian authorities). Such an attitude with your position is hypocrisy. So I won't miss you for sure
    Last edited by youneuoy; March 21, 2022 at 02:39 PM.
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Another Wedding was held for one of the frey daughters [not the starks this time] and the Starks were invited to the celebrations ,as they had arrived at the twins , there was some grim glances between the two factions until the ale began to flow, until the tension was broken . People laughed, dance , sang, goblets of ale were bashed onto tables , as many joined in the ribald songs sung by a bard, and other entertainers were bought before the nobles to keep them entertained, as the night approached, and many lunched towards tents and campsights or for those nobles luckly enough to return to the twins.

In the morning, the frey troops had lined the twins with bunting, to welcome the starks to cross the twins, as the stark troops moved in column across the drawbridge of the first twin keep to move into the southern lands. Some frey's looked grimly on, at the stark troops from the twins, others cheered with abandon, perhaps still suffering the effects of the alcohol the night before. Here and there frey troops turned and puked over the bridge into the river below suffering the effects of over indulgence.

Walder frey observed it all from the towers of Twins, wondering how this movement would effect the situation of the game of thrones, for the moment he had played his card, and hoped to profit out of the situation....

turn to Baratheon of Dragonstone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5za41tkps5...eon_3.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 07:05 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Renly up

The Storm from the west had also reached the narrow sea and thus the strong winds blew across Blackwater Bay with a strong westerly wind. King's Landing will have to wait for now, but come Storm's End (), Stannis shall be coming for you Joffrey. Rook's Rest has been retaken in the meantime.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stannis v Joff 3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; March 22, 2022 at 07:42 PM.