Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

We shall just make pool about fort's thread.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Hi guys, just an update. We have finished off the descr_strat file. Just working on some final tweaks and scripts so we will aim to have this HS going from THIS WEEKEND. I will upload the necessary files and let you know of the final ruleset based on discussions above.

Thank you all for your patience.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

In a nutshell I think given the availability of siege equipment and agents, the fort rule shall be the middle ground:

Maximum 2 forts per factionn with 5 non-GB units as a garrison.

I think this is the fairest way around maintaining forting (which is an art in WTW) whilst still acknowledging you will need a hefty garrison to defend it, but a piece of siege equipment or a well placed agent could bring a fort wall crumbling down.

I have also clarified the RP rules as best as I can, any further discussion regarding this prior to this weekend would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; February 10, 2022 at 05:55 AM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

We've finished our testing period, I have sent it to Dragon who will be our admin. As a disclaimer this mod is not meant to be balanced, as the world of Westeros is not balanced. Lannister/Joffrey are very wealthy initially compared to the likes of Stannis/greyjoy. The new editions that have been made have kept that balance, but reduced army numbers/capacity to help avoid too many battles.

The rules are outlined in the OP, if there are any final objections let them be heard.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    In a nutshell I think given the availability of siege equipment and agents, the fort rule shall be the middle ground:

Maximum 2 forts per factionn with 5 non-GB units as a garrison.

I think this is the fairest way around maintaining forting (which is an art in WTW) whilst still acknowledging you will need a hefty garrison to defend it, but a piece of siege equipment or a well placed agent could bring a fort wall crumbling down.

I have also clarified the RP rules as best as I can, any further discussion regarding this prior to this weekend would be appreciated.

To be clear, Mac meant 2 forts per fation globally , which I agree with... I assume its the best balance between causing fort walls/to many battles, and the ability to use them strategically.

Army upkeep was added in successfully, though in a much simplified form than in AOW (without traits, etc, so that the game doesnt need to be modified that much)). Those who dont play AoW, please make sure you understand how it works, otherwise you might destroy your economy in one turn. You pay for your armies in other regions than yours in a following manner:
    - You pay 1000 florins for army led by a general (1250 if its just a captain), 2500 for every turn of a siege (3000 for captains). 500 for generals on a ship (every general, due to technical limitations).

The purpose of this is clear... (apart from reallistical supply reasons) it will force you to keep all your units under one army, and hence we will have less, but larger battles, and thus we save tons of time. Combined with the financial rules (see the OP) you also cant have too many armies on a conquest, as your faction would suffer greatly.

BTW, in case there are some allies in turn order after each other, I recommend you share password, and always let the ally in turn order before you access your turn (without wuittin gthe game), as it may allow you see some game events and so on (you unfortunately cant see them otherwise, as all scrolls disappeaer when you load the turn... one of the main bugs of hotseats in general, unfortunately...)
    Last edited by Jadli; February 10, 2022 at 06:24 AM.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Having multiple general's on the same ship means that we pay 500 for every one of them? Do armies led by a captain also pay 500?

Gaming Emeritus

Yea... well as I said, a technical limitation (to be clear, the same issue is in AoW, though there it also depends on logistic skills at least...)... well, one could simply dismebark them if he has too many generals, which shouldnt be an issue on this kind of a map

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I believe I did everything correctly, so here is the starting Stark save in turn 2:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/b3lle5

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

I'm really confused how recruitment works in this mod

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you Dragon.
    Good luck all! Make sure you test out the mod and familiarise yourself with your faction. I will be in touch re: diplo via PM.

If there's any questions about mechanics/mod feel free to message me/admin team. Hope it's fun

Btw we have had Lannister drop out due to time committments, if anyone is interested then let me know so I can update the OP

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Just doing some testing with the save, do not start the HS just yet. We may need to fix the recruitment, not sure if Dragon has cancelled the fiefdom script (which essentially means you need to have your lord in the castle to recruit)

Gaming Emeritus

Thanks you Dragon indeed! The rep shall flow...

Well, I was advocating to use the fiefdom script (we have used it in the other hotseats with this mod as well), so maybe just let it enabled? It will make things more interesting, making it a bit harder to build large armies, and also add a very nice kinda RP aspect to this, as only a ruling house of a settlement can recruit it (plus, the factional castellan, and possibly some other special people)

Anyway, a big issue it appears that the EOP tool (the thing allows us to have online battles) doesnt work on Win 11... (which I have installed) And I also cant load the saves from the HS (as they were made with EOP)... so as of now, I cant play (though I guess if it doesnt get fixed, I could try to boot it up on my old pc with win 10....)... I hope there are not (too many) people on Win11, otherwise we would have a problem... though Im sure it will soon be fixed by youn and jojo either way
    Last edited by Jadli; February 11, 2022 at 02:40 AM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Yes, my initial panic about recruitment/fiefdom system is now reassured. I've tested this HS until turn 30. Initially there is no recruitment (think of it that at the start of this HS, all factions have raised all the troops that they can to go to war). There is an integration/fiefdom system which requires you to keep a lord or castellan in a castle/town in order to recruit/build from there. Recruitment is limited by how much "loyalty" you have in that province, sort of like religion/culture in other mods. The way you boost loyalty is through building integration buildings and septs/religious buildings to boost this change.

Initially I was a bit worried about this system, but I've seen 15-20 turns in this would really make wars of conquest a lot interesting and would help out defenders quite a bit! If anybody wants a more detailed guide then let me know, but I would advise everybody to test this out for a few turns to see how it works!

The main issue now is the windows 11 compatibility, I'm hoping youn with all of his genius and might may be able to solve it.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, we have played with it the two previous hotseats on this mod, worked fine...

youn is on the issue with win11 so I assume it will be fixed soon!

EDIT

The issue with EOP resolved, so nvm, we can play on fine. If anyone has any issues, let me or youneuoy know!

So anyway, to be clear, to avoid issues like I had.

You have two options of launching the mod. (Neither is using the original Westers - Total War launcher, with that option, the HS save will crash). In both cases you have to use the EOP launcher, called M2TWEOP_GUI
    (as admin if needed)
    and chose run mod. In settings, you can either choose
    - standard (vanilla) config, should work fine. (recommended)
    - or you specify the name of the configuration file of the mod (called configuration.cfg). Though, in that case, you have to delete the "bypass_to_strategy_save" line, as it breaks the EOP

In either cause, you also obviously have to select in the launcher settings "Use M2TWEOP" and autogeneration of battles (tho you might want to disable it for turns, when there is non online battle, as the pop up may get pretty annoying)
    Last edited by Jadli; February 11, 2022 at 02:40 PM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Yes, we are good to go! Good luck folks!

If you are using windows 11 you will need to go to your WTW config file and remove the line "bypass_to_strategy_save =1)"
    remove this line from wtw hotseat config file:bypass_to_strategy_save = 1

Last edited by Dr Mac; February 11, 2022 at 05:14 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Yes, my initial panic about recruitment/fiefdom system is now reassured. I've tested this HS until turn 30. Initially there is no recruitment (think of it that at the start of this HS, all factions have raised all the troops that they can to go to war). There is an integration/fiefdom system which requires you to keep a lord or castellan in a castle/town in order to recruit/build from there. Recruitment is limited by how much "loyalty" you have in that province, sort of like religion/culture in other mods. The way you boost loyalty is through building integration buildings and septs/religious buildings to boost this change.

Initially I was a bit worried about this system, but I've seen 15-20 turns in this would really make wars of conquest a lot interesting and would help out defenders quite a bit! If anybody wants a more detailed guide then let me know, but I would advise everybody to test this out for a few turns to see how it works!

The main issue now is the windows 11 compatibility, I'm hoping youn with all of his genius and might may be able to solve it.
    BTW, to be clear, the fiefdom script is not about recruitment/replnishment rates... thats unaffected by it... the units replenish even without a lord

The fiefdom script is about whether you can do any actions in a settlement (build/recruit)...

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

With Jadli's help, this should be a good starting save now. Stark first turn is up!
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Stark_1.sav

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Tully_1.sav

Winter is coming for the Traitors.

Gaming Emeritus

The treacherous house Lannister up! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...annister_1.sav

As the Lannisters are invading the Riverlands, the river lords call all their banners to defend our homeland!

Don't we want to give some time to find missing Lannister player? Maybe one more announcement? There will be a higher chance to find someone if he will be able to controll faction from same begining.