Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

i have a question? why are so many roles already given? Is it come first serve first here? I thougt everyone gets his first 3 and than there gets taken a look which daction to whom lol

Since it seems to be indeed first come first serve, I wont type down three Factions.

So Lannister for me if possible.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Absolutely, I look forward to your incredible RP. Pick a few factions before they're all gone xD
    happy with any..just use me to fill in to a faction that people dont want to use
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Following a mass player backlash regarding the allocation of Factions, ignore the OP until we have enough players to fill the HS. My only exception to this is yuon, who shall be Tyrell.

Please continue to pick three factions and we shall decide at the end.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; January 13, 2022 at 11:54 AM.

I would claim
    1. Stark
    2. Lannister
    3. Arryn

Ahh good, than here are my three factions

1Stark/2Arryn/3Lannister

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I added some missing info and links into the OP (the first post), so check it out... namely a link to the guide on how to generate online battles in the new version of EOP (very simple and smooth now), as well as info about the WTW hotseat patch made by me long time ago, as its inlucuded in the game files that you downloaded.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Muspilli View Post
    Since it seems to be indeed first come first serve, I wont type down three Factions.

So Lannister for me if possible.

Thank you!
    Welcome to TWC Muspilli! I'm sorry about the confusion caused regarding picking factions. I may have to put you down as a reserve for Jadli as Tully? If this is your first HS, we need an experienced player to play as Lannister or else the whole HS would be in jeaprody!

As for everybody else, I have updated the OP. Double check youa re happy with your factions and let me know by 15th Jan 01:00 GMT if you have any issues with your faction. Over the weekend/following week, we can optimise the mod if needed and set out the rules for the HS with the aim to start around 24th January. PM me either on twc or discord (Dr Mac #6734) if you would like to discuss anything.

Gaming Emeritus

Nice

Muspilli has played some hotseats on discord, so he probably knows, what he is doing

Hey, awesome to see people finally getting to use EOP 2.X Online Battles feature in hotseat campaigns. I can't commit to playing but I just want to drop some links for anyone that's interested in how it works.

I made a video tutorial here explaining exactly how it works.

You can also join the EOP discord here and ask any questions you might have -> https://discord.gg/RMtrdcXYyQ

Thanks again to youneuoy for this awesome tool!

Good luck and hope you all enjoy playing!
    Last edited by SteadyEddie; January 13, 2022 at 03:01 PM.

Welcome to TWC Muspilli! I'm sorry about the confusion caused regarding picking factions. I may have to put you down as a reserve for Jadli as Tully? If this is your first HS, we need an experienced player to play as Lannister or else the whole HS would be in jeaprody!

As for everybody else, I have updated the OP. Double check youa re happy with your factions and let me know by 15th Jan 01:00 GMT if you have any issues with your faction. Over the weekend/following week, we can optimise the mod if needed and set out the rules for the HS with the aim to start around 24th January. PM me either on twc or discord (Dr Mac #6734) if you would like to discuss anything.
    Nah, I am Out then. I tend to Put a Lot of Work into my Game, Testing a Lot and such. I wont do that for a Backup Position and dont Like playing only casually.

GL HF

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I've spoken with Muspilli and so the OP is now the final faction list (unless Jadli needs to admin).

Let me know if anyone has any further objections today. Then we can begin the process of ironing out the rules.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; January 14, 2022 at 02:48 AM.

If Jadli cannot play then we can swap the factions around a bit:

Lannister- Muspilli
    Tully- Keldo
    Martell- Caly
    Arryn- Bane of the Undead
    Stark- Arya
    Hey, maybey messge was a bit short and you got the Impression, that I was disappointed or whatever. I merely was on my Phone and tried to Type Short and clearly how I View that Suggestion.

You dont have to Swap around for me, you really shouldnt do that. I think everyone is fine now, and thats great!

So in all honesty, enjoy the Game and good luck 👍

Gaming Emeritus

Well, seems we might be able to have other people admin this, so I should be able to play Tully

Anyway, for the scenario, it was a bit modified for the needs of AR HS years ago, so I will need to decrease starting armies (so again, we have less battles), and we should definitely remove/decrease kings purse for the same reason as in AoW...

should we also include the army upkeep (in a more simplified version than in AoR, as this mod doesnt have the feature), I think its quite effective to limit the number of armies running around (but if we did this, then the kings purse should be kept I suppose...)

Or we should include th

Quote Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
    Hey, awesome to see people finally getting to use EOP 2.X Online Battles feature in hotseat campaigns. I can't commit to playing but I just want to drop some links for anyone that's interested in how it works.

I made a video tutorial here explaining exactly how it works.

You can also join the EOP discord here and ask any questions you might have -> https://discord.gg/RMtrdcXYyQ

Thanks again to youneuoy for this awesome tool!

Good luck and hope you all enjoy playing!
    Great work, thank you a lot for this and the guide!

Added the video into the OP as well

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

All measures to limit online battles are welcome. Maybe the King's purse could be lowered, but not completely removed, while still having some kind of army upkeep in place

Yesterday i was Greyjoy, why i am now BvS?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Agreed, we should lower king's purse. I think we should limit online battles, however not be as punishing as AoW

D/w Fubuky re: factions, he is happy now.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, the factions have much better starting economy, positions, and basically dont have to upgrade buildings/settlements, dont need to take any rebel settlements, compared to Aow so even with similar ways to limit economy as in AoW, the factions would still be able to field many more armies than in AoW likely .... Also keep in mind that this mod has insane amount of generals , hence their upkeep was lowered to basically nothing (to avoid them all going bankrupt), so all factions can field about a stack or two of generals, who are basically for free (though on other hand the regular units are pretty expensive...)

... so army upkeep + partial/full removal of army upkeep would likely be the best way ... (plus we shall ofc keep the financila rules)

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    so army upkeep + partial/full removal of army upkeep would likely be the best way ... (plus we shall ofc keep the financila rules)
    Army upkeep + partial/full removal of the King's Purse you mean?

Gaming Emeritus

oh yea