Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Well, ok, but we have been asking if you whether we can trade it for like 2 turns, so its not very fair that we now need to wait another turn, while you should have resolved this two turns ago, when lannister forces were much weaker and farther... So I ask we trade it now

The new rule seems ok, but you are probably overthinking it... just make it the usual that you cant trade it there are enemy forces nearby...

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

So that ppl will argue about the rule again? Nah, I saw two arguments about this in the past 6 months, both became heated, and one was related to the can't destroy settlements if forces are nearby, a usually stable looking rule.

My decision regarding the trade will stand, especially that you too agreed that you maybe can't trade last turn

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Right, so first of all, I ask all parties that they won't make a big deal out of this. Whether Riverrun can or cannot be traded this turn will not result in anything major, so lets take things as they are and not blow it up, as we, as a community, always have the tendency to do just that

My decision is, that the rule is faulty and should be reworked. There is no reason why a settlement should not be traded if it is an impossibility to besiege it before the trade and the unit disbanding can happen. To this end, I agree with the interpretation, that something shouldn't be a warzone simply because it borders an enemy province for reasons already said above. This whole warzone word should be taken out anyhow. That said, a rule is a rule, and no one should be punished for anticipating something according to the rules. So here is what I would like to happen: the settlement trade will NOT happen this turn as to not make it unfair for Lannister. The rule will be reworked however, applied for next turn, and if stark / tully meet the conditions next turn, then they can trade the settlement next turn.

Regarding the settlement trade this turn, that is my decision. Regarding the rule rework, here is my !proposition!

- Two factions can trade maximally one settlement per turn. Such settlements can only be traded if they are not in danger of being besieged by any number of enemy units, AND the switch, along with the disbanding of units can happen before the settlement could be besieged. If such settlements borders an enemy province, the two players trading the settlement must notify their enemy(s) that the trade will happen. Their enemy(s) may show proof that the settlement can indeed be besieged to prevent the trade.

+ Some interpretations:
    - I have no idea how to define which provinces separated by sea should count as adjacent, but the other parts of the rule apply
    - As to not screw with the possible element of surprise, notifications should only be sent if provinces are adjacent, and you are at war with the faction (one party claims that there is a war)
    happy with that although it might be worth saying that the "any number of enemy units" might be better interpolated as a significant numbers more than the defender?lest you have 2 or 3 companies within range, and one faction saying they could besiege the settlement[which they could] but the settlement might have seven units in it , making a siege worthless as a sally would easy destroy the besiegers...so the armies within range of the siege must be significantly higher than the garrison?
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 18, 2022 at 01:40 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Gaming Emeritus

I rewrote the princess rule because there was nothing about family members in there. I also added the rule I wrote regarding settlement trading. It is restrictive and complicated, but should help with any future issue so we don't have to argue. Regarding the princess rule, I'd appriciate if we made sure that no rule is missing. It is quite annoying to add rules because "it was forgotten" and I want this to be the first and last time xd

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...OP_Joff_10.sav
    joffrey up
    tully ain't gonna be trading jack this turn, the orcs *khm* the good guys have assembled their hosts once again

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    I rewrote the princess rule because there was nothing about family members in there. I also added the rule I wrote regarding settlement trading. It is restrictive and complicated, but should help with any future issue so we don't have to argue. Regarding the princess rule, I'd appriciate if we made sure that no rule is missing. It is quite annoying to add rules because "it was forgotten" and I want this to be the first and last time xd
    I think you made a mistake.
    We intentionally left out family members, because all generals are family members, except some really rare cases .

Well, guess I was wrong then. Changed back, lannister has full time to replay

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen.../t10_pussy.png
    a princess was used, just posting the screenshot coz i forgot to yesterday

Civis

Grey 10 up
    https://workupload.com/file/B9qx8FK4sXa

a battle has happende at Sharp Point
    https://imgur.com/a/95ItYwt

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...P_Arryn_10.sav
    Arryns up, subbed Greyjoy according to his instructions

Need extension! , Agh ! will have finished today in the evening latest!

I won't be here between June 29 and July 2nd, and July 6 and July 11. Co-admin will still sub if needed.

Forces from Tully report that a massive buildup of ironborn ships with a army in the middle of the formation lay off the western coast of Tully lands, communications with the Starks and Tullies leads the view, that the Freys should withdraw their forces to provide security for those western lands .

Black Walder read the message with the new demands of the alliance, and crushed the note in his hands in a look of disgust.

"Move hither , move thither" , he cried in anger, before calling for the army to pullup the tents and reform the baggage train , before getting ready to move out.

Looking up at the Great walls of Harrenhal in the distance, he make a slight grimace and remarked,

"At least the men, will be away from that monstrosity......that at the very least will lift their spirits"

Turn to House Baratheon of the Dragonisles

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nusxf7u9oh...eon10.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 07:11 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

I just ask: is this hotseat dying? I mean I got my last save at 12.06 or do we play with 48h time for one turn?

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

It's summer and we had a little pause when discussing rules. Quite normal delays

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Very sorry folks, I have been remiss in my duties of checking TWC! Playing turn now!

This sea bug has been utterly game breaking for Stannis sadly, taking 2 turns from Duskendale to Sharp Point has enabled Joffrey to recover well. It seems I have won every battle, but lost the war! I will await around Dragonstone and try to ride out the storm.

Is it possible at the end of Martell's turn to reload the new turn to remove this bug? Too late for me now though xD
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; July 02, 2022 at 05:14 PM.

Civis

Although that see bug benefited me greatly it saddens me too see that it kind of defeated stannises main advantage so i could kind of recover so if possible i would also be happy if we could find a solution