Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Army upkeep was added in successfully, though in a much simplified form than in AOW (without traits, etc, so that the game doesnt need to be modified that much)). Those who dont play AoW, please make sure you understand how it works, otherwise you might destroy your economy in one turn.

You pay for your armies in other regions than yours in a following manner:
    - You pay 1000 florins for army led by a general (1250 if its just a captain), 2500 for every turn of a siege (3000 for captains). 500 for generals on a ship (every general, due to technical limitations).

The purpose of this is clear... (apart from reallistical supply reasons) it will force you to keep all your units under one army, and hence we will have less, but larger battles, and thus we save tons of time. Combined with the financial rules (see the OP) you also cant have too many armies on a conquest, as your faction would suffer greatly.
    What happened here is, Fubuky have forgotten about this and arranged armies in a way that gave him a massive -33000 net income loss, immedietally putting his faction into faction destruction territory according to the financial rules. Now, because he has been here from the start and was notified of this feature (supposedly in another hotseat, too) this is, at the end of the day, his fault. However, I believe this information should have been in the OP (something that will be fixed and has been so far one of those fine prints in a contract that screws one over pretty easily and often unfairly).

Furthermore, supposedly the EOP script should have shown this information (how much you pay for this) when the financial tab is opened, but that similarly did not happen, as there was a drive to upgrade the script in the early game, which some players did not do (but the files in the OP were not updated also). With two scripts working at the same time, suddenly this feature did not work for anyone, and continues to not work. Information was this similarly hidden away in the game, making it very easy to forget.

I talked with Dragon and there are two ways to go on.
    1: We go on, Fubuky gets 1 turn to fix his finances until finance rules are enforced on him and nothing changes as he was supposed to know.
    2: Due to unfairness in the visibility of this feature, everyone's expenses this turn from this script are paid back. Tax returns and the sorts. No forgiveness after tho for those who forget this.

I am only making the second option available because I believe that I would be quite cold hearthed if I simply let the game be ruined for someone for forgetting something that was basically hidden away (even if technically Fubuky is at fault here). But 6 players out of the current 9 will have to publicly, here, in the thread, say that they support the second option, because I can't exactly help someone out of kindness just like that unless the big majority says they have no issue with me doing so (although everyone, not just him, would get the money back only this turn)

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Lol, sucks to be him I guess. Since when do ppl get freebies for their own mistakes in a hotseat?

BTW, the economic rules generally works that way admin asks the player to fix his eco situation, not instantly destroyed, so its not like we have have to do some special allowance for him or whatever... (and from what I have seen, he just lost two hefty armies so his problem is mostly solved)

(and another btw, the second option doesnt really make sense. Why just this turn, why not all the turns since the script broke... and calculating it even for this turn might be extremely difficult... sounds like just a lot of useless waste of time)
    Last edited by Jadli; January 25, 2023 at 03:34 PM.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

Renly has attacked Stannis both in Duskendale and Stonedance when in fact he should have not been able to. Perhaps the faction should halt all advances for now until the financial situation is fixed.

I'm not following with the talks of scripts being broken. I downloaded the extra file and for me it works well. Can't others just do the same now if it's still missing from them?

Edit: Jadli is looking into this. Apparently I might be the only one with the working script panel to see all extra upkeep.

Also seems like Renly in fact can attack on two fronts, and the -33k debt is just from multiple armies sieging and many individual small armies/units dotted in enemy territory. With Fubuky's history in two online battle hotseats he definitely had knowledge of the system in my opinion, even if the details remained in shadow.

I seem to be the only one with a working script, and I assumed it was so for everyone as no one complained about it not working. Why this was never brought up is beyond my understanding
    Last edited by Isenbard; January 26, 2023 at 09:04 AM.

After being forced to make an Account to Vote for this incident, Here it is. To the topic: I guess He was present from day one in both HS and as such could have known this rule. But on the other Side, the start of the HS is now over a year ago, roughly? And I belive him that He wasnt aware, because already Last Turn He told me He doesnt know where His Money Went. This Turn again.

And it seems to be a fact, that the Plugin, which Isenbard showed US, is neither for Fubuky, Nor Sluzavy Nor me visible.

Thats enough for me to Warrant a soft reset and as such to nullify These costs for a single Turn only. He will still be with over 20k in debt, its Not Like Problems are solved, but at least He will be able to recuperate.
    And it seems to be a fact, that the Plugin, which Isenbard showed US, is neither for Fubuky, Nor Sluzavy Nor me visible.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 26, 2023 at 09:16 AM. Reason: was asked to format since user could not edit for some reason

For me, the latter option seems to be for the best, because, as previously mentioned, no one but Isenbard was aware of the extra upkeep panel even existing. I also had no idea about the numbers being deducted, just that some kind of system is in place, but it didn't hit me as hard since i did tend to keep armies together and my greater financial might. Also it does sound a bit harsh to nuke a faction into the ground because of information that cannot be easily accessed. One additional thing to note is that i never actually was aware of the fact that there should be an extra screen, so i didn't know that i should complain about it not working. I assune the situation was the same in fubuky's case.

Gaming Emeritus

Oh please... the pannel was just an extra thing by youn to see it directly in game. There were several posts and infos about this when we were starting the HS (and we specifically talked about it in DMs), if someone didnt care enough to read it, thats a problem only of that person. You are also in the other other HS, where the script is being used.

Nobody is getting nuked.

Only person who has an excuse for not knowing about the script is Muspilli, as apparently nobody told him about it when joining the HS.

BTW the script showing the upkeep was released during the first turn, not before we started. So basically, those who wanted to see it downloaded it. (then there was other technical isuse later, but thats a chapter for itself, basically sometimes during the HS the files got mixed)
    Last edited by Jadli; January 27, 2023 at 03:23 AM.

Judging from the lack for support or discussion, no compensation will happen and we go on.

Further looking in to this, I would be willing to refund "unnecessary" upkeep costs for turn 19. Stuff like individual units in enemy territory that serve no real purpose (other than perhaps scouting/they were just forgotten there).

Refunding all upkeep from the script is something I can't get behind because it messes up the balance of the hotseat. Sieges and large armies in foreign territory wich should be fined. Renly paid atleast 8000 from sieges against Stannis alone which is what's supposed to happen. Renly can't just wipe a full stack of mine in a siege and then get paid back the expenses of doing so

Only thing I’ll say is that we shouldn’t immediately end the faction just cause of a mistake.

Well I said that they would get one turn to fix finances to begin with, so destruction is not an option anyway

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...Martell_20.sav

uploading in Fubuky-s stead but he did the turn

I'd appreciate it if, instead of just taking the turn for yourself, you'd remind me.

Jadly/Jake/Paladin turn?

You can still do it since Stark hasn't been played yet

Edit: no way
    Last edited by Isenbard; February 03, 2023 at 03:36 PM.

Jadly your turn

Gaming Emeritus