Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

Default Re: A Storm of Swords - Westeros Online Battle HS

People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Bump

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Twynkie up https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._me_roar_4.sav

Seems like that the lion has brought his little puppies to Riverrun... well, lets see if they can swim

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Joffrey_4.sav
    King Joffrey is up again. The righteous scarlet hordes have laid siege to the heartlands of the EVIL Tully traitors. The men and women of Casterly Rock and King's landing eagerly await the news of Riverrun being cleansed of its malice with fire and sword.
    *Also Edmure stinks, but i couldn't name my save like that due to the number of characters limitation. It isn't even that cool considering Tully is before me, but oh well...*

EDIT: just remembered that I could have edited the save outside the game. I humbly concede defeat in this battle of wits and retreat to lick the grievous wounds inflicted to my pride
    Last edited by sluzavyblin; April 02, 2022 at 07:54 AM.

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

sent cleared save to Reaktornen

Civis

I have received the save but because I’m travelling soon i won’t be able to play it myself but Lannister is Playing with my input this turn

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Greyjoy_4.sav
    Greyjoys of Pike up. Cersei Lannister issued some quick commands to King Joffrey's servants, because he was busy getting married to a certain voluptuous local lady. Other than that, nothing of interest happened.

Isenbard's Avatar Semisalis

The gloom of the day was all prevailing , with the dizzle failing from the grey clouds that covered the sky, covering all in that rain ,that seemed always to fall at this time of the year. the two lannister guards came to attention hearing the sounds of a horse moving ever closer, at a slow march as a man on a horse was made out as a rough figure on horseback, as the rain dripped off the lannister guards helm as he called out to the hazy figure.

"Halt! declare yourself", said the guard as he nodded to the other guard and they both pointed their halberds towards the figure as it came to a stop on the muddy road.

"A herald from the Freys, Ser Cuy if it please ye..." , said the bearded man, the rain dripping down his bearded face, making him look grimmer than normal , if such a thing was possible.

The guards approached , with halberds pointed towards the rider, as they checked out the colours of his clothes and the banner he carried which carried the sign of the two towers. One of the guards let out a shrill whistle, which was answered with groans and a clank of armour as many more armoured lannister guards approached out of the rain about the weather and being called out for duty. The guardsman told his superior who took a look at the man, approached him and asked him some questions , about the lannister frey's family members, which the herald corrected answered in short order. The answers being correct, dismissed any doubts in the officers mind as he waved though the man, before he clouted the rump of the horse as it passed, making the horse jump and rear a little , as the frey diplomat, desperately held onto his reins , just to keep on the horse, as the soldiers all laughed and jeered as they returned to their positions.

The Herald managed to get to the very gates of city of riverrun whose guards seeing the colours and making sure it was just a lone man began to lower the drawbridge much to the shouts from the lannister troops in their siegelines , as some lannister lords began to shout at their men asking what blithering idiot allowed a herald though the siegelines. The bridge lowered , and portcullis lifted up halfway, the frey diplomat slid off his horse, and led his horse into Riverrun, just as the drawbridge was again raised and the portcullis dropped back into position with a massive clung..

Ser Cuy was bought towards the Commander of Riverrun delivering the message he was ordered to deliver.

"Black Water Frey approaches at all speed, my lord with the armies of the Starks following behind him....he bides you hold out for a season or so more, as we ride to relieve your position..." , said Sir Cuy reading out the message he had been given to memorise.

The commander for the Tullies read the message confirming the message for himself before crumpling it up into a ball throwing it into a nearby lit brazier, and waved a guardsman over to allocate a chamber for the diplomat to have, and moving closer he whispered for the guard to give the frey ser whatever he wanted [within reason] and equally not to let him out of his sight, before patting the guardsman on the shoulder, before he strode off to review Riverruns defenses.

turn to Baratheon of dragonstone
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wffm7g95ty...eon_4.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; January 06, 2023 at 07:06 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Will need an extension just whilst admin investigates ship movement.
    Since turn 3, my ships have had about -50% movement penalty. I thought last turn it was just storm related. Is anyone else having this problem?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

i have tested this before the HS to be sure, it should just go away after a few turns? (I think you can test yourself using the first turn save)

For the time being, we have a short pause because this issue seems to be for every faction from this save forward, and me and Dragon need to continue investigating why is this the case.

The problem (ships losing half their movement points) seems to be close to a solution, we HS will be restarted today 20:00 CET if I don't edit this comment till then

Also, regarding this problem: A small, temporary rule change will be implemented (please Jadli, add this to the OP)
    --> You are not allowed to use more than 50% of your ship's movement points the turn they get restored

This rule is made to avoid the situation where somebody could only use half their mp, but it is restored for the next player, and could thus defeat the former player, as they planned with half mp to that point.

Oh by the way, this issue exists for everyone, for now, the movement points are halved for all of your ships. This is due to a bugged storm / flood in the game. It will likely go away on its own in a couple turns. But when it does, this rule is needed for a turn.

Basically just Docking my Navy, till this storm blows over XD storms on Westros can last months XD seasons last years eh ��

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    Also, regarding this problem: A small, temporary rule change will be implemented (please Jadli, add this to the OP)
    --> You are not allowed to use more than 50% of your ship's movement points the turn they get restored

This rule is made to avoid the situation where somebody could only use half their mp, but it is restored for the next player, and could thus defeat the former player, as they planned with half mp to that point.

Oh by the way, this issue exists for everyone, for now, the movement points are halved for all of your ships. This is due to a bugged storm / flood in the game. It will likely go away on its own in a couple turns. But when it does, this rule is needed for a turn.
    what? and where is the turn?
    People always have been the foolish victims of deception and self-deception in politics, and they always will be, until they have learned to seek out the interests of some class or other behind all moral, religious, political and social phrases, declarations and promises
    medieval 2 total war engine overhaul project

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Renly up, apologies for the delay. We don't know when the storm will pass, but it has a 1/6 chance it will happen be resolved.

King Stannis looked across Blackwater Bay from the newly captured Rook's Rest. The garrison here had not put up much resistance and surrendered promptly, now their ashes were being cast into the wind by the fire priestess. She had advised the king that the lord of light demanded sacrifices to calm the seas and open the path to King's Landing. Stannis was not a godly man, however this storm did have something unnatural about it and he had therefore handed over the garrison to her. Not his first concession and unlikely to be his last.

The strong winds are keeping his fleet from entering King's Landing, however they cannot last forever. In the meantime Stannis shall lick his wounds from the battle of Duskendale and forge a new path towards the Iron Throne.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; April 07, 2022 at 07:45 PM.