Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWC 2021 Member Awards: Commentary Thread

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: TWC 2021 Member Awards: Commentary Thread

- For each poll it is possible to use a maximum of two votes; there's no need to use them both, and different options must be picked in case of multiple votes (it's not possible to vote twice for the same option); in case of multiple votes superior to two, all the votes from that member in that poll will be discounted. Similarly, if for any reason a member will use only one vote in a specific poll, there's no chance to later add another vote or to modify it (not even by asking an Administrator).
    - The abuse of the multiple choice option in any of the various polls, will lead to the discounting of all the votes from that member in all the polls he voted in (no matter how many votes they have used in every single poll, it's enough to abuse it once in one poll to have all the other votes discounted).

The two underlined italic rules contradict each other.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Censor Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    The two underlined italic rules contradict each other.
    Yes they are not very clear and can be improved, there should probably be a distinction between abuse and misuse. However, as I said in the previous page, the case of that happening by mistake is very unlikely, while it could certainly happen intentionally, like it was in the past (the member who got all their vote discounted only choose 2 options in one poll, and in the rest of them voted for all the options in every single poll). That's the case of abuse the rule refers to, of course.

I'm sure whomever will run these awards the next time will take notice of that, thanks for pointing that (again ).
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

As a moderator of this subforum and competition organizer you could have already corrected the problem with the rules.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Censor Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

No really no, it doesn't work like that in the Committee

Once again, thanks for your input, it has been marked, and whomever will run the next edition will take care of amending that, if they like.

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

The polls have been closed. Winners will be announced after the polls have been checked.

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Blog Entries

positive side of the decline of TWC, we are 20/30 regular users, in the next awards that are held (if held) most will receive some prize,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    positive side of the decline of TWC, we are 20/30 regular users, in the next awards that are held (if held) most will receive some prize,

mishkin's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Blog Entries

suggestion to the committee: anyone with more than three rows of medals cannot participate in the competition

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

can't find no more the thread where we were talking about doing/not doing this year's awards...

November has been completely full to me (various things + moving to new house)
    I won't be capable of doing/help doing them
    sorry guys

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I hope the house move went well and that you're enjoying the new house. It's completely understandable in those circumstances that you won't be able to help with the Member Awards.

Is anyone else around and able to help this year?

(Jake, the only discussion I remember was about the Modding Awards - but given the situation I assume you won't have time for either the Member or Modding Awards, so it's a good idea to post here, too. )

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Is anyone else around and able to help this year?
    I am.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Of course. I can handle art.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus