Thread: EBII character names and console commands - can't figure them out.

Default EBII character names and console commands - can't figure them out.

Medieval 2's diplomacy system has always annoyed me with the 1 diplomatic discussion per turn limit so I usually use the reset_character command to talk to multiple factions when they're in range so I don't lose them when they wander off. I cannot however figure out EBII's internal naming conventions to get it to work in this mod. I've checked the descr_strat file and the descr_names file but nothing I've tried from them works to move anyone, it just says "character not found" over and over. So what am I doing wrong? There must be a list of internal names somewhere that I'm missing or some internal game naming convention that I'm messing up.

Default Re: EBII character names and console commands - can't figure them out.

What you're looking for does exist, and it's under data/text/txt/names.txt

Thanks, I figured it out from an old EBI post, yeah that file is where it's at but the mod isn't really built for using console commands so even with the names file it can be dicey especially as character multiply and some have the same name.

They can have the same displayed name, but their internal name might be different. A classic case is the name Eumenes. Externally, you might have two characters named Eumenes, but internally, there's EumenesA and EumenesB. Try appending different letters to the ends of names to get the name you need

Also note Roman characters are all [firstname] Romanvs, not the display name you can see.