Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions about EB2 campaign

Default Re: A few questions about EB2 campaign

It's possible to improve the AI behaviour, I did that on my submod after lots of test and trial. Basically you need to check that the AI behaviour for each faction is set to standard, increase the script for the money threshold to at least 20k more, increase the amount of money they receive according to the number of settlements they have (there's a specific script for that in the campaign_scrip) and remove the recruitment limitation script (it's a massive script that limits recruitment for the AI in the first 100 turns to limit history gone rouge but I honestly think it gives an unfair advantage to the player and since it's a really big script, removing it actually improves the speed of the end turn by a significant amount of time).

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    It's possible to improve the AI behaviour, I did that on my submod after lots of test and trial. Basically you need to check that the AI behaviour for each faction is set to standard, increase the script for the money threshold to at least 20k more, increase the amount of money they receive according to the number of settlements they have (there's a specific script for that in the campaign_scrip) and remove the recruitment limitation script (it's a massive script that limits recruitment for the AI in the first 100 turns to limit history gone rouge but I honestly think it gives an unfair advantage to the player and since it's a really big script, removing it actually improves the speed of the end turn by a significant amount of time).
    It doesn't seem that the AI lacks money to be honest. I played on VH/H and whenever a faction is cornered to just one city or two, they still have money to recruit more troops, at least 2 full stacks of troops. The human player cannot benefit from this as when you find yourself cornered you usually lose.

To make things to my liking, i gave all faction a large amount of starting money ( from 15k to 30k mnai ) but decreased the extra money they get each turn. I also decreased the income from mines and trade, it seems to work good to stop the snowball effect, when factions become too powerful and conquer all, including the human player.

I will release my submod when i',m done, i also managed to somewhat keep historical accuracy regardless of the more aggressive AI behaviour.

I noticed that there is a great difference between VH and H when choosing campaign skill level, it really becomes a challenge on VH, at least after i modified some parameters here and there... cheers and have a nice playing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by randy_cat View Post
    It doesn't seem that the AI lacks money to be honest. I played on VH/H and whenever a faction is cornered to just one city or two, they still have money to recruit more troops, at least 2 full stacks of troops. The human player cannot benefit from this as when you find yourself cornered you usually lose.
    Fortunately, in the Med2 engine there're a few mechanism limiting recruitment: money, buildings (that enable recruitment of certain units), pools of recruits (ie refill of those pools), time of recruitment, recruitment slots. It's much better than in the Warscape engine where recruitment pools are not available (the population mechanism fills in this need, but not entirely imo).

The long times of filling in the pools in EB2 should prevent the AI from churning out full stacks over and over again it it has 1-2 cities left.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Fortunately, in the Med2 engine there're a few mechanism limiting recruitment: money, buildings (that enable recruitment of certain units), pools of recruits (ie refill of those pools), time of recruitment, recruitment slots. It's much better than in the Warscape engine where recruitment pools are not available (the population mechanism fills in this need, but not entirely imo).

The long times of filling in the pools in EB2 should prevent the AI from churning out full stacks over and over again it it has 1-2 cities left.
    I like the fact that you cannot immediately replace a defeated army with sheer money power and large recruitment pools. I don't like when the ai cheats and they can get 2 full stacks of troops even when they should be out of money, but this at least prevents the snowballing through weaker factions as the ai is stupid enough to assault a city full of defenders and lose a lot of soldiers in the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12