Thread: [SUBMOD] Classic Unit Sizes and Starting Units

Kooperrider's Avatar Foederatus

Default [SUBMOD] Classic Unit Sizes and Starting Units

While the classic sized units will be added to the main mod, it's gonna be a while before that. In the meantime, I've updated both the Large Scale option to work with the new units and models as well as changed the startpos so that starting units are also classic sized.

INSTALLATION

For the startpos, go into your NTW folder then go to data\campaigns\ww1_main and then just drop the startpos in and overwrite it.

For the pack file, go to Napoleon Total War\data\The Great War\Files\Options and then drop the pack file in and overwrite. From there it should be as simple as selecting the classic unit size in the mod launcher.

If there any problems please let me know.

classic unit size startpos TGW.rar

_GreatWar5_DB_LargeScale.rar

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Classic Unit Sizes and Starting Units

Nice! I was wondering: how do you change unit size of starting units in campaign? Inside the startpos.esf

Would like to learn it myself.

Indeed, beautifully well done and a great way of capturing that epic feel. Is there any chance of this being updated for 6.1?

Regards!

I tried it. I didn't work for me. Overwrote the startpos file and the data file, then went and changed the desktop launcher. Just to be sure, used the Napoleon mod manager. Nope to both. Do not know what else other than to tell you folks to be careful because what is new sometimes is not better. I actually had hoped, but well...nothing. Sorry for my news. Also, it was crashing soon after I launched, both through the desktop launcher and the mod manager.

Ummm...Did I tell how I continued to use, and presently have, version 5.1.5? Massively huge "OOPS!!!" If such was my problem, then I apologize. I misinterpreted your original post. Imagine a smiley-face with a bullet hole through the middle of the eyes, that is how I now feel. Again, sorry for the interruption. Never my intention to disturb. Bye.