Thread: Gaming laptop that can play FF XIV

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default Gaming laptop that can play FF XIV

Hi I have a question. Is it possible to play final fantasy xiv on a $300-$600 laptop? If so, which laptop would that be and can u post a link?

I would like to get a smooth 60+ fps with the graphic settings maxed out. Thanks a bunch!

Default Re: Gaming laptop that can play FF XIV

Rumour has it next year's models will have an uplift in performance, especially with Intel and Advanced integrated graphics.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Thanks. Is there a specific model that I should look out for?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

The recommended specs for FFXIV are incredibly low - most newly released laptops would probably be able to run it with ease.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

As Akar points out, any decent laptop with a GTX 1060GB can max the out of it. However it's better to wait for Intel's next release of laptop lineups with DG2 or more advanced integrated graphics with better power efficiency like Condo suggests above.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

$300 - $600 USD? New?

I'd get something like this with an RTX 3050. It's $650 total but I think it's pretty good for what you get. Since it's brand new far as I can tell and has an RTX 3050 + i5 + SSD.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-victus-16-1-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-256gb-ssd-performance-blue/6479080.p?skuId=6479080

You could theoretically wait, but if you just wanna buy something and don't care about a $10-$50 price difference, that laptops not bad.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Thx for the reply guys. But I was eyeing this baby right here: https://www.amazon.com/Newest-Lenovo...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

$699. But its using a integrated AMD radeon 7 graphics card. Is that good enough?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Personally I would never ever purchase a Lenovo product.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo...vacy_incidents

But yes, it is definitely good enough.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...m1559532vs4035

The Radeon 7 looks to be a decent bit better than the laptop 3050ti.

New Radeon laptop chips have been announced, it will take a while to digest the information and await reviews.

Superficially, impressive; hearsay not to be much more expensive than last year's models.

Kinda disappointed on the desktop side, but my guess is that they only need one model to get the optimum speed for the gaming crown, and the concentration will be on the next generation coming sometime in September.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Akar you were looking at the desktop non-integrated version of the Radeon 7. Unless I'm 100% mistaken.

Integrated solutions are never as good as discrete solutions except in exceptional circumstances. I'd advise you to stay away from any non discrete graphics card @Douchebag unless you're only interested in playing something non graphics intensive like LoL or solitaire. I dont think that's going to change anytime soon.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to quickly find good gaming benchmark proof on my phone but you can easily see the basic benchmarks here line up with what I'm saying https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ra....450004.0.html

Edit: yeah I checked the links, you were looking at the desktop version. Tbh it's a bit deceptive for advertising to name two things almost 100% the same. It confuses the consumer and leads them to believe something at a glance. Pretty sketchy practice.

So to be clear that laptop is *not* good enough. Although it's possible it might run on the absolute worst settings with some ini tweaks or if those devs are the Supreme masters of optimization (which usually isn't the case with an mmo other than WoW).
    Last edited by z3n; January 04, 2022 at 12:20 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

You're right, good catch z3n.

Thank you z3n and akar, guess I'll just listen to condotierres advice and wait

My feeling is that Intel and Advanced have a secret conspiracy to have integrated graphics good enough for ten eighty gaming, and kick out nVidia from that segment.

Whether they have succeeded this year will have to be seen.

It looks like the new laptops are going to run a lot faster and on fifth generation memory, which helps considerably with ten eighty gaming specifically, and integrated graphics, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    My feeling is that Intel and Advanced have a secret conspiracy to have integrated graphics good enough for ten eighty gaming, and kick out nVidia from that segment.

It looks like the new laptops are going to run a lot faster and on fifth generation memory, which helps considerably with ten eighty gaming specifically, and integrated graphics, respectively.
    If you are willing to play on "Low", they are sufficient according to the graphs. Even Medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post

They have already succeeded. Nvidia has nothing to offer in low-mid range in laptops only heavy laptops with 3070\3080 above. Laptop users also value TDP and power efficiency and NVIDIA got wrecked in that when compared to AMD\Intel.
    Recent AMD showcase was impressive in laptop launches. Will attract budget users. Intel will also follow up their trail.

I've skipped over laptops for the past five years, since Tablets worked out, so what follows is speculative.

Low end are ten eighty resolution, mid range fourteen forty, and likely high end really fast fourteen forty or four kay. Fourteen forty is probably touch and go, and four kay may be overkill for mid sized laptop screens.

I think the question is when Advanced can take a console chip, make them energy efficient, and sell them to laptop manufacturers, because eight core fundamentally is the basis of all high end games, definitely for the next five years, maybe for the next ten.

Six cores work well enough, and I'm not quite sure why the Intel twelve hundred series still bothers with two core Pentium and Celerons, four core being the minimum, in my opinion, since Twenty Nineteen.

Yeah quad core should be a bare minimum and dual cores should be only be in some low power portable segment.

6 core work great with 4K gaming but if the same user is into streaming and say encoding those recorded gameplay videos then he needs at least an 8 core. 1440p and 8 core CPUs are slowly becoming the norm amongst gamers.

FF14 requirements is not that high. new laptops base to mid model will handle it quite well.