Thread: Byzantine Model Skin Mods?

Icon5 Byzantine Model Skin Mods?

Hi there,

Are there any mods / skin packs that can make the Byzantines look more historical? I saw there were some nice designs for the Byzantines in the SSHIP mod -- but I am currently running a save in the base game and don't really want to overwrite my current playthrough with a new submod. I have been browsing the forums for a few days now and couldn't really find anything other than downloading a complete over hall. Likewise trying to trawl through threads years and years old for what I need has been tough, so I was wondering if any regulars know of some good models?

Mostly I'm a bit fed up of the unit cards and triangular shields haha.

Thanks and regards.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Byzantine Model Skin Mods?

Have you tried the mod "THE GREAT CONFLICTS 872-1071" .The only issue is that the byzantines are from 10th to 12th centuries not later.

Search the Preview section to see more pictures.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I'm playing a late campaign so that's not a problem. From what I can see this is a complete submod? I was looking for upgrade to the base 6.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones4491 View Post
    I'm playing a late campaign so that's not a problem. From what I can see this is a complete submod? I was looking for upgrade to the base 6.4.
    If you mean something like this:

The new Komnenean /Palaeologian Era Unit Roster for ALL mods will be released by CBUR Project in the future. So you will have to wait.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

What is CBUR Project? Do you have a link to it?

I was surprised to find there are not many reskin mods for base 6.4. I'd be interested in something like SSHIP but I'm honestly not looking for the historical realism aspect of limited recruitment and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones4491 View Post
    What is CBUR Project? Do you have a link to it?

I was surprised to find there are not many reskin mods for base 6.4. I'd be interested in something like SSHIP but I'm honestly not looking for the historical realism aspect of limited recruitment and so on.
    Complete Byzantine Unit Rioster Project is inactive these days because we work of TGC mod. But the Byzantines from SS 6.1 to 6.3 are based on CBUR creations.

Thank you for the information.

I had just been thinking, would it be possible to copy over those models from submobs (for example SHHIP) and put them into default 6.4? I imagine it would be a simple case of adding reskins units but perhaps it is more complicated.

Giving this thread a bump.

I saw this thread offers a reskin for base Stainless Steel, which SSHIP appears to use (but expanded upon). While I'm tempted by SSHIP, I find no Late Era campaign and the general difficulty ramping not for me. Does SSHIP offer a download for their models separately?