Thread: Does Rome Remastered have a slow-motion button like Medieval 2?

Default Does Rome Remastered have a slow-motion button like Medieval 2?

In Medieval 2 I can hold shift and click on a button that allows me to slow the game down all the way to 1/10 normal speed, or alternately to speed it up to 6x normal speed, or anything in between. And for any of these speeds, the battle audio still works like normal. Does Rome Remastered have a similar type slow motion and fast motion system?

And if not, what is the maximum speed to which I can slow the battles down? As I said above, in Medieval 2, 1/10 normal speed is possible.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Default Re: Does Rome Remastered have a slow-motion button like Medieval 2?

Remastered added half speed as an option but not the 1/10th speed option from Med 2.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Does Rome Remastered have a slow-motion button like Medieval 2?

This is indeed something that puzzled me: why the newer games have only 1/2 speed? I perceive the possibility to lower the speed to 1/10 and then at such incrementals as a significant advantage of the Med2 engine. You can set it to this speed to see the direction of the enemies or whether your troops are doint what you wanted them to do. It's strange it's not possible in the Warscape (and not in the Remastered).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!