Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Christmas time again

Praeses

Default Re: Christmas time again

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    I changed my tune about gifts - I was very excited to receive gifts, but now that I'm older and I can buy whatever I want, whenever I want, the whole "joy" of receiving has largely been erased.

I'm not sure if this is the normal part of growing up and being an adult, but I've switched to being Santa instead for others. At least that gives me the joy of buying nice things while also doing something nice.
    Yes its a great tradition that as elders (**** I'm one of those now) we can indulge our kids.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

" For unto is a child is born, unto us a son is given,......." That is what Christmas is all about. So, to everyone reading this have a very happy Christmas and guid New Year.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Yes its a great tradition that as elders (**** I'm one of those now) we can indulge our kids.
    I would assume this is the case as well, it's just us becoming adults and getting older. Plus, also if you can help it, donate and give presents to kids in need as well.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    One day you will inevitably die and then it will hit you how wrong you were.
    Why is that? I have no wish to enter his heaven since you mentioned there is no bacon or any form of killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    all hail commercialization.
    You speak as if it's a negative thing. What's wrong with giving yourself a shopping week to buy pretty useless things that you wouldn't normally waste money on?

Shopping week? Some people use it as an excuse for a shopping month... or two...

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

AqD,

Well, I don't see heaven as your destiny but alas I do see hell as yours unless God changes your heart like he did mine. It is after all why He came into the world in the first place and why Christmas is so special. Just an afterthought, who ever said that if we get to eat in heaven bacon will not be among the foods to enjoy?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

You speak as if it's a negative thing. What's wrong with giving yourself a shopping week to buy pretty useless things that you wouldn't normally waste money on?
    How is it a good thing? Should every single possible thing be commoditized and commercialized to it's greatest possible extent, even to the detriment of those involved?

What is the benefit of buying useless things you don't need and you freely admit are a waste of money?

What is the benefit of having a holiday encouraging useless spending and excessive waste?

Well, I don't see heaven as your destiny but alas I do see hell as yours
    Judge not lest ye be judged.

First cast out the beam from thine own eye and then thou shalt see clearly to cast the mote out of your brother's eye.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law.

Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth.

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Akar,

I am not judging him rather relating to him the condition he is in according to what is written. I never said there is no bacon in heaven for I just don't know what we will eat, even if we have to eat, in heaven. My point is that he was trying to take the mickey out of me with his remarks which if he had been a born again believer he wouldn't have done. So, when we read of what Jesus called certain leaders as well as what the Baptist called them did they have a moat in their eyes? Of course not because the context in which it happened was quite correct as is mine to AqD.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

It's like beer - we mostly drink water but occassionally some beer to cheer ourselves up and cover up the reality that human life is just as dull as ant's.
    That's unfair to beer. Its really quite a good invention and way to save grain calories otherwise lost to spoilage. And safer than water oft times.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

That's why I always drink beer, in case the water is unsafe.

Did anyone see Kate and John Walker's song at the Carol Service on Christmas Eve? It was very moving and reverent as a reminder of all those lost in the past year so well done. It shows that not all the Royals are stuck up snobs as this versatile Lady showed once again.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Would be interesting to see you try to give a compliment to someone without simultaneously denigrating or insulting someone else.

Would certainly be more christian, don't you think?

Santa could use some more gifts to give out, so make sure you donate to your local or international charities from 2022.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I've already donated to the Saudi Arabian High Commission for Relief in Bosnia .

Would be interesting to see you try to give a compliment to someone without simultaneously denigrating or insulting someone else.
    Would certainly be more christian, don't you think?
    Akar,

Who was I denigrating this time as I only pointed out what many have written on these threads. I do wish that I was the best example of Christianity but alas I am not.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Who was I denigrating this time
    The Royals?
    It shows that not all the Royals are stuck up snobs

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I mean the date of Christmas itself has literally nothing to do with the actual birth of Jesus Christ, even in the actual scriptures. Before I knew the real reason for the December 25th date I remember being so confused being told how Mary survived a terrible winter during her pregnancy when she gave birth like 3 days into actual winter.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

The Royals?
    Akar,

I was quoting in my own words what some have already implied on these threads. As it happens I am a supporter of the Monarchy just as I am a supporter of a United Britain and don't make any bones about it.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Oh, so as long as someone else has implied something nasty it's okay for you to echo it? I had no idea that the bible said not to judge people unless someone else had already judged them then it's okay to judge away

Oh, so as long as someone else has implied something nasty it's okay for you to echo it? I had no idea that the bible said not to judge people unless someone else had already judged them then it's okay to judge away
    Akar,

The Bible on many occasions states that believers must contend for the Scriptures so if someone says something against them, we judge them by echoing what they actually say and correcting it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast