Thread: Silver Surfer Checker

Icon1 Silver Surfer Checker

Created a simple tool that will inform you about all non-assigned textures in the battle_models.modeldb, based on recruit_pool lines in export_descr_buildings and spawns in campaign_script and descr_strat. It will also check the officers of the unit, the mounts, and spawned generals if a unique battle_model is set. It takes into account the mercenary_unit attribute in every case. If a recruit_pool line requires a culture it will check every faction in that culture, if no faction is required it checks every faction.

Simple GUI, just select the mod folder and press 'Check mod', a file called silver_surfers.txt will then appear in that mods main folder.

Download:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4640

Source on GitHub:
    https://github.com/thrillos/Silver_Surfer_Checker

Update 11/12/2021: checks descr_mercenaries, descr_rebel_factions, option to check units by ownership as well, checks for missing unit and unit_info cards, option to ignore certain factions, units, and models
    Last edited by Fynn Total War; December 11, 2021 at 12:38 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Silver Surfer Checker

Nice effort

Update: checks descr_mercenaries, descr_rebel_factions, option to check units by ownership as well, checks for missing unit and unit_info cards, option to ignore certain factions, units, and models

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.

Blog Entries

Nice expansion.
    Have you taken the 'collective' info_pic_dir and card_pic_dir entries into account (that are not always present) when checking for missing pics? It will be custom entries, eg custom directories, same principle as the 'mercenary_unit' attribute.

I have, info_pic_dir and card_pic_dir are accounted for

Blog Entries

Good to hear, thanks.