Thread: [Discussion] Curial tournament

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default [Discussion] Curial tournament

I've been mulling over Flinn's reply here and really there is no reason why we need to limit the tournament to houses. We could organize a yearly (for example) Curia gaming tournament that is open only to new citizens or older citizens that have been active in the curia within the past year for a multitude of games. I suspect everyone in the Curia has medieval II, Empire, Rome I, etc, and if not there's always free stuff like Halo Infinite, CounterStrike and World of Tanks/Warships.

We could award rep and some nice medals to the winners (to be determined how we measure winners) and overall have a fun time together.

I think this would help drive interest in the Curia, and if not at the very least it will increase cohesion and help lower some of the bile and toxicity we've been seeing lately.

I'm not committing to anything however i thought this would be a decent idea to put forward in case anyone is interested in developing it forward.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Discussion] Curial tournament

I like the idea. I would be interested in seeing a TWC Paradox game tournament. Hearts of Iron, EU4, Stellaris, etc. In fact, I'd be happy to run/host it.

I currently play in a weekly TWC Stellaris game with about a dozen people so this would be right up my alley.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar \_(ツ)_/
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of doing a community thing. At this point I'm not sure I care for making it a strictly citizen thing, rather a citizen sponsored thing. Not to mention one could find agreeable personalities for citizenship if there are non-citizens who participate.
    pesky twc socialite, wandering 'knight' and dreamer

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If this doesn't pan out there's no reason we can't organize ourselves an "Anybody interested to play X game on Y date" thread somewhere on the forum.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Citizen

The only possible way to get enough activity and still make this a “curia” thing IMO would be to divide into teams representing different curia houses while also including plebs on those teams. Of course you’d probably also like Adrian said need a game that is either free or already possessed by most of the forum. The user base is too low to keep this entirely in house and even then it’s better off for possibly growing user participation outside this core group of it isn’t in house. This site was at its best when it was hosting tourneys like this.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Archived as per the usual procedures
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader