Thread: [Award] Lordsith for Opifex

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Award] Lordsith for Opifex

Opifex

Awarded for exceptional modding or other TW-related contributions to the board.

A bit of introduction: I was thinking about new recipients for the Modding Service Award and I sourced from my memories as former Site Awards Hex to see if there where one or more names of people who could be eligible (I've had the privilege to get to know many of them while running the Modding Awards, of course) and Lordsith's name was one of the first ones that came to my mind. I remember him having his mod, Imperial Destroyer, up and running for very long (it's almost 10 years and that by itself is an exceptional achievement, IMO), and as far as I can see the last update is from January 2021.

Imperial Destroyer was a very popular mod back in the days, as Lorsith's awards testify well and it's still played and appreciated, despite the fact that Empire is a TW game which, per sÚ, does not receive much love.

I would say that this is overdue actually, the more if we consider that this has been a one man show (no doubt modding relies on sourcing other people's material, as Lordsith himself credited, but still, that's a big commitment for a large mod as this one). However, it's not just about crediting him for the commitment shown with Imperial Destroyer, but as well to recognize his general commitment to the modding scene at TWC, since he released a new mod (this time for Napoleon) as late as March 2021, The Seven Year War.

Flinn,

of the Church of
    The Latter day Dude
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar »\_(ツ)_/»
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Lordsith for Opifex

While I'm not as interested in awarding for previous awards and for contributions long in the past, the fact he's been prolific up to and including this year + he's still around means I'm happy to support this.
    pesky twc socialite, wandering 'knight' and dreamer

Support.

I am curious, why not give out awards for past deeds? I see awards, real ones, not the twc variety all the time, such as this one (This soldier waited 150 years to receive the Medal of Honor). I see no reason not to do this. I am reminded of the time that the guy who created a mod for the first Medieval Total War was voted down because the guy was no longer active. Awards should be based on achievements not on activity, this is a GAME afterall, not real life.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I agree with Mike, with the sole exception that I don't think there's any point in awarding inactive members (though that's not applicable in this case)

Support.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Blog Entries

I don't necessarily discourage awards for past deeds, but I think we can do more by looking for people who have no bling at all and are un or under recognized, vs awards for actions likely already covered by an Artifex patronage or an Opifex. But again, in this case there's plenty of subsequent material. If someone was not awarded, they should not be voted down. My preference is in terms of priority for proposals in the first place, which this case does fit given it is backed by later contributions, including now where we could use all that we can get.

Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've moved the discussion to the Townhall.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Blog Entries

nevermind... this is what I get for multi-tasking.
    Last edited by PikeStance; December 07, 2021 at 11:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I do not see the point in awarding someone who will be oblivious to the honor.
    Let's spend out time on those that are contributing now.
    Nice, noted

Do you support this motion then? Because Lordsith is well active and alive, as explained in the OP

Blog Entries

He was last active yesterday and posted in November, with a reliable rate of posting and evidence of ongoing work before then even if it's a bit slow.

I took care to note that he is still around.

PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Nice, noted

Do you support this motion then? Because Lordsith is well active and alive, as explained in the OP
    Ah, I misread something. my bad! SUPPORT

I am very familiar with his work. He is one of the mods I compatible my slave mod with.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Citizen

Obvious support
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

You'll rarely find someone giving support for his work (sole developer I believe), and excellent one at that, over such a long period. Support.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

Support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Blog Entries

Please move to vote

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Moved to vote.

Vote here.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan