Thread: Battle script for speed increase wanted

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Battle script for speed increase wanted

It's related to this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc82 View Post
    Setting the time rate in game (on the battle screen) up to about 1.3 or 1.4 makes the unit animation look much more realistic, as opposed to moving under water. Hold shift and click the time compression arrow on the battle minimap and it will go up in increments of 0.1 instead of jumping from 1.0 to 2.0 then 6.0

It will revert back to 1.0 when scrolling on the map, but as soon as you stop it'll jump back to whatever you set it to.
    It would be great if this feature could be automated, but as I said I can see an issue trying to figure out the UI element's name plus the required clicking action (Shift+Click).

Default Re: Battle script for speed increase wanted

What exactly are you trying to automate? The battle speed can be set using the battle_set_speed command and tested with the I_BattleSpeed condition. The speed can be set with a shortcut if we're talking about a campaign script. Probably need to use the advisor for custom battle.

EOP doesn't return any names for the fast forward and slow down buttons on the battle UI. I can't tell what ffwd_button, ultra_ffwd_button, pause_button, and play_button actually do, if anything.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I saw an example of script that disables pause in battle in AI Workshop. I think it could be changed to this purpose.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    What exactly are you trying to automate? The battle speed can be set using the battle_set_speed command and tested with the I_BattleSpeed condition. The speed can be set with a shortcut if we're talking about a campaign script. Probably need to use the advisor for custom battle.

EOP doesn't return any names for the fast forward and slow down buttons on the battle UI. I can't tell what ffwd_button, ultra_ffwd_button, pause_button, and play_button actually do, if anything.
    "Setting the time rate in game (on the battle screen) up to about 1.3 or 1.4"
    ffwd_button = single speed increment, I am guessing it's related to the battle replay speed, not the speed setting during battle

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    I saw an example of script that disables pause in battle in AI Workshop. I think it could be changed to this purpose.
    That would be a step into that direction I would think, any chance you may have the link?

Blog Entries

That is a start, the battle_set_speed seems to allow increments which will solve the issue of finding a 'click' way.

In other words it would be rather simple to set the speed like that at the start of a battle and then leave it to the player to change it as desired, not happy about the 'condition' event as that always adds tons of processor load. Also not sure what the 'f' is for, will have to check on that.:

Code:
    script

while ! I_BattleStarted
        end_while

battle_set_speed 1.4f

while I_InBattle
        end_while

end_script
    Edit: I'd rather implement that through a show_me script like I edited now, there is a way that the advisor doesn't show I think. Like Germanicu5's script.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 02, 2021 at 12:34 AM.

Totally agree.

Tons of scripts I've seen in modern mods that still use monitor_conditions.

We can change it to BattleConflictPhase event for single use in campaign battle. Or maybe there's a GameSpeedChange event?