Thread: steam removed hotseat

Default steam removed hotseat

am looking to host a hotseat campain with can mates, i noticed steam has removed the option to host a hotseat. is there anyway around this??

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: steam removed hotseat

Mods.

As I recall it wasn't easy to do hotseating with Medieval 2 base even on the CD version; I wouldn't fault Steam. Mods make it more usable anyway even if you get it working.

The barebone simplest mod for vanilla Medieval 2 is Retrofit 1.0, making very few changes - but one of them being a proper Hotseat button in the multiplayer menu.

There are other useful mods, including Retrofit 2.0 and well, everything else (most decent mods will have hotseat at least possible). These mods build upon Kingdoms data, since Kingdoms is what offers true hotseat usability. This means any Kingdoms expansion can be played with hotseat by default.

If you mean another game or something else, please specify. I'm assuming Medieval 2 vanilla since that's what your question implies to me and since hotseating only really thrives in that game.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

really sorry mate for wasting your time, i was looking for hotseat on the original game doh! its been quite sometime since i played it. thanks for taking the time to help

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

No problem, let us know if you have other inquiries.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Someone close this...
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Hotseat on original game ? My Mod base set up - which is the original game with a number of mod related fixes (see ReadMe) - provides a hotseat set up.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

This probably did not need the necro, but if anything it may be advisable to move over to the medieval2 forum as being somewhat out of scope for the kinds of threads and material this forum uses (where a question like this would be posted in the Tavern, related to playing with the hotseating community).