Thread: Hellenic faction in Massalia and Emporion

Default Hellenic faction in Massalia and Emporion

So i was wondering if i manage to conquer them as hellenic faction will i get something unique out of it?

I waste my journey playing as Federalized Epirus hoping to get benefit from Isopolitea in Massalia and Emporion but i cannot build it despite reaching 29% hellenic threshold and the only unique thing is that i can build military reform colony there but without Isopolitea it cannot be done.

Since Epirus is a bust are there actually any Hellenic faction that have unique interaction with Massalia and Emporion?

Default Re: Hellenic faction in Massalia and Emporion

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    So i was wondering if i manage to conquer them as hellenic faction will i get something unique out of it?

I waste my journey playing as Federalized Epirus hoping to get benefit from Isopolitea in Massalia and Emporion but i cannot build it despite reaching 29% hellenic threshold and the only unique thing is that i can build military reform colony there but without Isopolitea it cannot be done.

Since Epirus is a bust are there actually any Hellenic faction that have unique interaction with Massalia and Emporion?
    psst mate ! any news on what are differences between federalized and aikiad Epeiros in terms of recruitment ? I am still playing Lougiones, trying to achieve their late reforms, so its gonna be a while, untill i can finally proceed with Epeiros. Btw do not forget about Iboshim. If memory serves me well, its once were a greek colony.

Isopoliteia (Overseership) can only be built in the following areas:
    • Mainland Hellas
    • Dacia
    • Illyria
    • Thrace
    • Italy
    • Scythia (Including Crimea)
    • Cyprus
    • Rhodes
    • Crete
    • Sicily
    • Galatia
    • Patava
    • Syria
    • Judea
    • Anatolia

I am afraid Massalia is out of luck...
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Spartocos Leukonovich View Post
    psst mate ! any news on what are differences between federalized and aikiad Epeiros in terms of recruitment ? I am still playing Lougiones, trying to achieve their late reforms, so its gonna be a while, untill i can finally proceed with Epeiros. Btw do not forget about Iboshim. If memory serves me well, its once were a greek colony.
    Agema phalangitai. You get max:2 from federalized instead of max:1 from centralized so unlike other hellenic faction you could actually make an army of agema phalangitai as federalized Epirus but make sure to delay federalized reform and conquer and build hellenic metropolis as much as you can because you stop gaining colony after federalized reform and recruitment in Hellas and Makedon relied on having colony unless you are Koinon Hellenon.

I'm pretty sure you could go centralized first and then federalized later from what i read in guide although i went staright into federalized instead.

Agema phalangitai. You get max:2 from federalized instead of max:1 from centralized so unlike other hellenic faction you could actually make an army of agema phalangitai as federalized Epirus but make sure to delay federalized reform and conquer and build hellenic metropolis as much as you can because you stop gaining colony after federalized reform and recruitment in Hellas and Makedon relied on having colony unless you are Koinon Hellenon.

I'm pretty sure you could go centralized first and then federalized later from what i read in guide although i went staright into federalized instead.
    thank you kindly, any other notable benefits in recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    • Mainland Hellas
    • Dacia
    • Illyria
    • Thrace
    • Italy
    • Cyprus
    • Rhodes
    • Crete
    • Sicily
    • Galatia
    • Patava
    • Syria
    • Judea
    • Anatolia

Cannot build in Carthage too? To be fair i will install Allied state/Epirus Foriegn Kingdom instead but considering that as Epirus i'm likely to attack Carthage this is kinda of a bummer.

At least much of east of Epirus is fair play but still it would be nice if the guide tell me this limitation.

Koinon Hellenon, usurprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    • Mainland Hellas
    • Dacia
    • Illyria
    • Thrace
    • Italy
    • Cyprus
    • Rhodes
    • Crete
    • Sicily
    • Galatia
    • Patava
    • Syria
    • Judea
    • Anatolia

Heheh, I wish I'd seen this before I sent out my punitive expedition led by Pyrrhus's grandson to Cyrenaica and Egypt to punish the Ptolemies for their repeated invasions of Crete....