Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 104 of 104

Thread: [Amendment] Pater Familias or Patronus Award

  1. #101
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: [Amendment] Pater Familias or Patronus Award

    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Lets try to keep things civil please. Attack the post not the poster etc.

    Anyway, yeah, this is not a compromise at all. Almost 6 pages in and not a single person has supported your proposal, Pike. Everyone else has already agreed on a system that would work for them, you are the only one against that and yet you are constantly trying to make compromises between what only you want and what everyone else wants. How about trying to do whats best for the Curia instead of what's best for you?
    Seriously, what's best for me. This isn't whats best for me in any form. I do not need this to patronize. I have successfully patronize 27 members to citizenship without expectation of award or congratulations. This proposal is what is best for the site.

    What iteration are you talking about?


    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Maybe 1/3/10/15/30 make more sense? Better to have incremental stages with more with each phase. Last one seemed a small jump while we do have imb39 with 30 patronizations.
    I responded with this
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Ok, not fond of that.... then here is a slightly different approach


    Small Award
    1 = Silver
    3 = Gold


    Medium Award
    8 = Silver
    14 = Gold


    Large Award
    20 = Silver
    28 = Gold

    It still wasn't good enough.

    Then this...
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    No, my proposal was just three levels. I changed it from 3 to 6 based on the suggestions.


    Having a small award that is Bronze and Silver, a medium award that is Gold and Emerald, and a large award that is ruby and Amethyst looks silly to me.
    No one said anything

    Small Award
    1 = Bronze
    3 = Silver


    Medium Award
    8 = Gold
    14 = Emerald


    Large Award
    20 = Ruby
    28 = Amethyst



    Here it is in color. I doubt people would still be happy.

  2. #102
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,003
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: [Amendment] Pater Familias or Patronus Award

    Yeah, you responded with something that wasn't what people said they wanted. If someone says they want X why would you come back and say "Well I have Y here for you, what do you think about this?"

    Your proposals are not "compromises" as you say, they're entirely different proposals that only you think are better than what every one else was okay with.

    It still wasn't good enough.
    Because it wasn't what people said they wanted. Why can't you just listen to what people are saying and do that? Why do you always feel the need to make unpopular tweaks that change the entire nature of what is being proposed?

    If you were actually interested in compromise you'd just go with what the majority of people have agreed with rather than what only you have agreed with.

    No one said anything
    Yeah because it's ing stupid.

    Here it is in color. I doubt people would still be happy.
    Why would they be happy that you've reposted the exact same proposal as before that got shot down except this time it's in c o l o r?

    Honestly I don't see the point in continuing this discussion any further, you're clearly unwilling to listen to anyone else.

    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  3. #103
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,749
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: [Amendment] Pater Familias or Patronus Award

    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Yeah because it's ing stupid. .
    Is this is the height of your intellectualism, then why bother?
    You have wasted my tie. i am not dealing with this sort of behavior.

    Archive this.

  4. #104
    Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    17,816
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: [Amendment] Pater Familias or Patronus Award

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Is this is the height of your intellectualism, then why bother?
    You have wasted my tie. i am not dealing with this sort of behavior.

    Archive this.
    I'm archiving this as per OP's request
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •