Thread: [Awards] Tsardoms team members for 501st Legio (Assorted) + Modding Service

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar \_(ツ)_/
    Blog Entries

Default [Awards] Tsardoms team members for 501st Legio (Assorted) + Modding Service

Welcome to the first attempt at a 'merged' award thread, named so because I did something a little different. I approached Wallachian, who is the long term and last full on 'team lead' for the Tsardoms Total War mod. He has been involved for, in his words, the last 7+ years. The mod itself is a rather massive project, easily among the largest still hosted on this website and including a fair number of team members. I asked who might be deserving of awards based on contributions to the mod in an effort to encourage less recognized modders receive awards for their efforts, even if they aren't as grand or independent as our many Gold, Modding Service, Opifex etc proposals.

I see nothing constitutionally invalid about this approach, though some effort will need to be made to avoid a mess. Surely we can do it, I think.

The following recommendations were made, and we came up with a list and associated awards. I threw one at the end extra. Given the grand majority of contributions are scattered in the mod's forum or happened internally, I'm asking for trust that the recommendations are valid and made their way into the mod. A good part of the mod's work is done in restricted forums. Not to diminish other contributors in the past and eve now, but without these users, Tsardoms would likely not be a thing or be worse off for it, and another light in TWC's sky would have gone out.

The awards are to be granted as follows;
    • Legio 501st Silver: jurcek1987, a "mainstay modder" for the Tsardoms mod with extensive contributions to unit work and also campaign/scripting work.
    • Legio 501st Bronze: Miszel, for excellent 3d models and 2d/3d art in the Tsardoms mod.
    • Legio 501st Bronze: Hrobatos, for roster work along with lovely 2d art in the Tsardoms mod.
    • Legio 501st Bronze: MIKE GOLF, for recent contributions of lovely 2d art and bug hunting.
    • Modding Service: Wallachian, for long term leadership of the Tsardoms mod and being principle caretaker of its hosted modification forum.

This proposal explicitly asks that the award description be used, ie, as seen for example here in italics, and filled out with the rationale why. This is especially relevant given Mike Golf is in the list and already has an Artifex for prior work, yet has made subsequent good work on the mod that I've gone ahead and included for this thread. I would like these awards as well as awards going forward to quite literally 'speak for themselves' when people visit the awards tab in profiles.

This is a bold move to propose all at once indeed; I will continue with it, and if necessary strike options (such as if someone doesn't want one), leave them to be proposed separately or adjust the award if there is some consensus as to what to change. I'm also not going to be particularly salty if this doesn't work and just suggest it in split, though I'd rather not given we've gone in circles about the efficiency of that thinking in the past. So lets try something new. To that end if you do support in full, you should be aware that the content is likely subject to change and so a support may need to be redone. I'll update the OP accordingly with the proposal's status.
    pesky twc socialite, wandering 'knight' and dreamer

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [Awards] Tsardoms team members for 501st Legio (Assorted) + Modding Service

I would like to add that some of them also help other mods including TGC (ex: Jurcek1987, Miszrel )...
    The TGC mod's Turkomanic Leaque Preview is out.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Awards] Tsardoms team members for 501st Legio (Assorted) + Modding Service

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I would like to add that some of them also help other mods including TGC (ex: Jurcek1987, Miszrel )...
    The awards can be upgraded with next proposals.

Blog Entries

If the users mentioned are prolific enough on other projects and even beyond TGC, I'd likely recommend them for citizenship. I wish they'd been mentioned when I inquired about TGC, otherwise I'd have approached them a bit differently if they meet award conditions for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    If the users mentioned are prolific enough on other projects and even beyond TGC, I'd likely recommend them for citizenship. I wish they'd been mentioned when I inquired about TGC, otherwise I'd have approached them a bit differently if they meet award conditions for it as well.
    I haven't mentioned them because "officialy" they are not TGC members in the fulol sense. But I would be ungreatfull not to mention their help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I haven't mentioned them because "officialy" they are not TGC members in the fulol sense. But I would be ungreatfull not to mention their help.
    If you can think of any other contributors who fit this definition, I'd welcome a message to list them and their roles in TGC (or other projects if you also know of them) that would match the scaling of the awards; I know of the one we discussed and have yet to decide what's most appropriate, but I'm especially interested in awarding those with little to no recognition in their profile of any sort for their contributions.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    If you can think of any other contributors who fit this definition, I'd welcome a message to list them and their roles in TGC (or other projects if you also know of them) that would match the scaling of the awards; I know of the one we discussed and have yet to decide what's most appropriate, but I'm especially interested in awarding those with little to no recognition in their profile of any sort for their contributions.
    Razor is already an Artifex but he shared his unfinshed Roman mod material as free source plus he created many "heads/faces" for TGC and we also took some of his material for MARKA horses as well.
    The rest are inactive.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

Support.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

There are precedents for team awards, all of which, I think all, passed.

EG.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I don't really like the idea of group awards, but they seem to have been done in the past and are not explicitly prevented by the Constitution. So I shall reluctantly support this precedent.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Support

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I don't really like the idea of group awards, but they seem to have been done in the past and are not explicitly prevented by the Constitution. So I shall reluctantly support this precedent.
    Yes every once in a while that happens
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

And now, the overdue request to move to vote.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Moved to vote.

Vote here.

Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan