Thread: Stainless steel older versions?

Default Stainless steel older versions?

Hi. I would love to play an older version of stainless steel such as 5.1b. But I can’t find a usable link anywhere. Are we not allowed to download older versions or is there a place I can download it? Thanks!!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stainless steel older versions?

That version you are looking for is literally ages old - it will be difficult to find a working link for it. There is no question of 'being allowed', simply a quesiton of availability. ModDB.com might have an older version.

[QUOTE=Gigantus;16065943]That version

Do you know who I can contact about it? I can’t seem to find anything on Moddb

Blog Entries

Use the site's search function and search for stainless steel.

My bad I should rephrase, I found stainless steel on there but I wasn’t able to find 5.1 anywhere

Blog Entries

Even 6.4 is at least 6 years old , if not older - so finding 5.1 will be extremely difficult. What particular reason do you have to look for that version?

Honestly I want to play it when it had the Americas. I love the style of Stainless Steel. I’ve played total bananas mod and KGCM but I really wanted to do stuff with SS but also be able to sail to the new world. I was pretty sure from what I saw, that the older versions of SS, you can do that. Plus I also like to play as the Teutonic Order and I don’t find a lot of interest with the expanded Middle East/Asia areas in 6.4 (thanks for your help btw!)

Blog Entries

i am not aware that version had the americas - way too long ago.

I gotcha. I’m pretty sure it did. I saw screenshots and there was a mini mod for SS 5.1b where you can play as the Aztecs.

I'd like to ask if anyone still has the CTD Patch for turn 51 for Stainless Steel 6.3 AND the Teutonic Patch, also for 6.3?
    I recently uninstalled the game because it had more and more crashes and re-installing usually fixed it, but to my horror, I noticed that I no longer have the 6.3 zip file and those two patches. Even on my old desktop PC, they no longer exist (although I still got 6.3 installed there).

Installing 6.4 doesn't work for me either, I can't start any campaign as it just goes back to the main screen and historic battles crash right away. I followed the instructions, but it seems I did something wrong (and I remember I had managed to make it work some years ago, but preferred 6.3. back then).

Does anyone still have those old patches? It seems 6.3 just won't work (at least longer than turn 50) without it and I am not really a big fan of 6.4 (plus that I can't get it to run properly anways).
    Sharing via Dropbox or something would be fine.

https://rapidshare.io/2jUD/SS_5.1_Maps.rar this is a minimod that add some settlement but at the moment i can t upload ss 5.1 i will try later.
    Last edited by prima legio; July 13, 2022 at 09:01 AM.

sorry i have tried with google drive but there is a problem with the upload
    Last edited by prima legio; July 13, 2022 at 09:52 AM.