Hello.

After a long tour through descr_campaign_db, I came to the conclusion that two particular lines about assassination odds aren't making sense. The lines in question are the assassinate_attack_modifier and the assassinate_defence_modifier.

The only thing I was able to conclude with 100% certainty about them is this:

<assassinate_attack_modifier float="0.8"/> ;The higher the number, the higher the chance of assassination being successful
<assassinate_defence_modifier float="0.8"/> ;The lower the number, the higher the chance of assassination being successful

But what each of those lines actually measures in either the target or the assassin completely escapes me. It seems like a direction progression. The higher or lower the number, the sharper the effect on the assassination odds, up to a certain limit, at least on the lower end.

I figured that having the assassinate_attack_modifier set to 0.0 does not reduce the total assassination odds to 0% (nor to the minimum possible value as dictated in assassinate_chance_min).

I fear that some characters are too easy to assassinate without a good reason for it. I'm trying to find some balance so as to prevent assassins from being too overpowered, but I'm struggling. Can anyone bring me some light on this?