Thread: Some of my modded campaign descriptions for factions don't show up (for rome remaster: BI) and I have no idea why.

Default Some of my modded campaign descriptions for factions don't show up (for rome remaster: BI) and I have no idea why.

I've been thinking of re-doing one of my mods that I posted on the steam workshop a while ago, so i've begun to re-do it, starting with the campaign descriptions for factions. while i've gotten some to show, others don't for some reason here's an example: (also bear in mind that these descriptions are a work in progress.)

{BARBARIAN_INVASION_CELTS_TITLE}The Celts

{BARBARIAN_INVASION_CELTS_DESCR}Difficulty Factor: ESTIMATED MODERATE\n\nThe Celts are the pre-Roman inhabitants of Britain who were never subdued after the invasion in 55 AD. Hadrian took the decision to build a physical barrier to separate northern Britannia.(That being Hadrians wall, which lies pretty much destroyed and in ruins due to peasents taking bricks from it over the ages). From the Picts to the north (in what is now modern Scotland). No Roman ever felt it was worthwhile to establish Roman domination over The Picts, The Caledonians, The Goidels, The Gaels, The Scotti, and The Cymry (The Welsh, The Scots and The Irish respectively). As a result the old ways lingered on in these remote areas. Now, with Roman power on the wane, the Celts are looking to the rich province of Britannia. Their style of warfare has not changed much and would have been recognisable to Julius Caesar. Raids into the relatively rich Romano-British provinces are now an attractive option, as is conquest and the re-establishment of traditional ways. \n\nHistorically,there was really never a formal nation or sole faction of/or known as "Celts". it is a generalization of a *meteric* ton of tribes (similarly represented as like the Berbers/Moors or some of the many of the german tribes are, mainly due to late roman historians either being ignorant/oblivious of their enemy or confusing them with old, dead ones like calling the huns/goths skythians, etc). many celtic tribes evolved into their own nations. the worshipment of the old celtic gods dissipated around the 6-7th century AD. (but however somewhat carried on in irish stories of some saints: Like Saint Nickolas and Patrick, who are/were considered or depicted as god-hero's of sorts in the way of old celtic storytelling)

the celts are only one example here, I can't change the emergents descriptions either (especially important since I made the romano-british playable from the start originally and plan to re-create that) or the vandals for some reason....

Default Re: Some of my modded campaign descriptions for factions don't show up (for rome remaster: BI) and I have no idea why.

Due to how the system works now, some of these descriptions actually need to go into a different place.
    data\string_overrides should contain files such as en.strings, de.strings whateverlanguage.strings and so on. Faction descriptions should go there.

Example:
    "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_BRUTII_TITLE" = "Epirus";
    "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_JULII_TITLE" = "Rome";
    "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_SCIPII_TITLE" = "Achaean League";
    "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_GREEK_SPARTA_TITLE" = "Sparta";
    "Rome.Override.ROMANS_BRUTII_DESCR" = "Epirus\nSelection of defensive hoplite units, along with some cavalry support";
    "Rome.Override.ROMANS_JULII_DESCR" = "Rome\nHighly trained infantry and supporting auxiliary troops, but limited cavalry";
    "Rome.Override.ROMANS_SCIPII_DESCR" = "Achaean League\nSelection of defensive hoplite units, along with some cavalry support";
    "Rome.Override.GREEK_SPARTA_DESCR" = "Sparta\nSelection of defensive hoplite units, along with some cavalry support";
    "Rome.Override.UI_FACTION_BRUTII_DESCRIPTION" = "Epirus\nSuccessor Kingdom, focusing on hammer and anvil tactics";
    "Rome.Override.UI_FACTION_JULII_DESCRIPTION" = "Rome\nHighly trained infantry and supporting auxiliary troops, but limited cavalry";
    "Rome.Override.UI_FACTION_SCIPII_DESCRIPTION" = "Achaean Laegue\nSelection of defensive hoplite units, along with some cavalry support";
    "Rome.Override.UI_FACTION_GREEK_SPARTA_DESCRIPTION" = "Sparta\nSelection of defensive hoplite units, along with some cavalry support";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_TITLE" = "Mundus Magnus";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_ROMANS_SCIPII_TITLE" = "Achaean League";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_ROMANS_SCIPII_DESCR" = "Athens - once the epicentre of culture and philosophy, this ancient city has become a shadow of its former self. Those Macedonian barbarians took from us almost everything.\n\nNow, men of Athens, gather round to decide our fate. How are we to restore our glorious democracy, and secure it against foreign invaders?\n\nWe do not have the best soldiers, but we make up for it on the seas. Let Athena’s Wisdom guide us.";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_GREEK_SPARTA_TITLE" = "Sparta";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_GREEK_SPARTA_DESCR" = "Men of Sparta! We have lost much since the days of old. Our honour and way of life is left to our Ancestors, whereas we risk disappearing into the abyss of history, our names forgotten to all great story tellers. It is time, fellow warriors, to return to the fields of war, and revive the Spartan name! Give the world a reason to tremble before us!\n\nIt’s through our strength of arms that this will be achieved. For Ares!";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_ROMANS_BRUTII_TITLE" = "Epirus";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_ROMANS_BRUTII_DESCR" = "I am Alexander’s heir, the one true King of the World. But Alexander’s Empire is no more. Fractured by the greed of other, less deserving men. The last remnants of the Argead Kings stand here, in the tiny, pitiful state of Epirus.\n\nAlexander crossed the Aegean to war with the Persian tyrants and liberate the Greeks of Anatolia. Men of Epirus, we have been called upon to do the same again. Let us cross the Adriatic and rid our seas of those tyrannical Romans and Carthaginians, for the good of all the Greeks!\n\nMen! Let us revive the age of the Phalanx and watch them tremble upon the sight of our Ancestor’s Indian Elephants. Zeus be with us!";
    "Rome.Override.MUNDUS_MAGNUS_CARTHAGE_TITLE" = "Carthaginians";
    In case of vanilla, it will be "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_CARTHAGE_TITLE"

Default Re: Some of my modded campaign descriptions for factions don't show up (for rome remaster: BI) and I have no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by komisarek View Post
    Due to how the system works now, some of these descriptions actually need to go into a different place.
    data\string_overrides should contain files such as en.strings, de.strings whateverlanguage.strings and so on. Faction descriptions should go there.

Example:

In case of vanilla, it will be "Rome.Override.IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_CARTHAGE_TITLE"

-I went into the string_overrides file and there's nothing there besides a readme.txt. and it is the only file I see in the game files that has the said name "string_overrides": E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War ROME REMASTERED\Contents\Resources\Data\data\string_overrides (is the location of this said file). I have no en.strings or any other language strings in there....