Thread: Hotseat is compatible with Medieval 2 events?

Default Hotseat is compatible with Medieval 2 events?

Hi!

A few weeks ago, about 4 or 5, I started a hotseat campaign in TATW using Gondor and Eriador. So, my question is: What happens if I play in this way? It corrupts the events? I mean, no Aragorn of Gondor, no, Evil Invasions, neither One Ring? The mod is unmodded. I will pass the turns to see what happens using both factions.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hotseat is compatible with Medieval 2 events?

It depends if the scripts are hotseat friendly when written. Usually scripts aren't written with hotseating in mind, but can work fine anyway with tweaking. To my knowledge TATW's scripts behave poorly in the first place and are in no way optimized for hotseat use. Still, I'd be interested to see what you find on the matter. I honestly haven't kicked up the mode in a while, and I don't recall doing so specifically to test TATW aside from general knowledge.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; November 26, 2021 at 04:04 PM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: Hotseat is compatible with Medieval 2 events?

Scripts generally work in hotseats unless you need player input, as trouble is, that for some reason, once you send the next faction's turn to someone, when they open it, no events (such as recruitment upgrade or notification that you can upgrade a settlement) will show. This unfortunately includes scripts that require you to choose between yes / no. The only way to fix this is to always open the next turn before exiting the game. But of course this isn't something you want to do when playing hotseats.
    I think, although I am not sure, that all scripted events are automatically accepted when they don't show up.