Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Discussion] 501 Legio Artifex Act

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [Decision] 501 Legio Artifex Act

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    If the point of the Legio is to encourage new modders to continue to create, then there is no point giving it to someone who has created a great deal already.
    That was my prospective too (over laped awards instead of showon all of them).
    Awards must work as MOTIVATION for further improvement and constant contribution.
    They must be like modding steps for any kind of modder inorder to continue strugling to learn and offer to modding community. Many new modders that try from square one -LIKE WE ALL DID- often say "i give up". See an example here: Link.
    Both Gigantus and I tried hard to encourage him to continue trying because we also were in his position years ago.
    In our case lot's of great modders tought us what we know today. But recent times great modders like Gigantus are rare. Most are inactive. What remains is a number of tutorials.
    If that modder continues his efforts and release 10-12 models that as free source can be used in any mod TWC must let him know that his efforts did not pass unnotticed. A small award will be given.
    That small award will work as motivation to create something biger or better. The next award (silver?) will also work as motivation to keep trying finally of he makes something extensive will awarded with Gold award. That gold award will motivate him to start a new mod or to participate in one. TGC mod came back to life thanks to _tartaros_, Miquel_80 and with plenty of help of Gigantus and others followed.
    Finally if that modder will present something like a submod, minimod , a released mod, free sources, etc, will be an Artifex. In the end if like an Artifex will spead his knowlege to new modders in the future ,like he is today , he must recieve the award Opifex.
    Conclusion:

• Creating a modding material that can be used in mods Legio 501 Bronze
    • Creating a bigger or better material that can be used for mods Legio 501 Silver (replaces Legio 501 Bronze).
    • Creating an extensive modding material that can be used for mods Legio 501 Gold (replaces Legio 501 Siver).
    • Creating a stand alone submod, a minimod, a released mod Award Artifex (replaces Legio501 Gold).
    • Participating with advices, tutorials, tools etc to spread his knowlege to next generation Modding service award (stays as a reminder that this modder offered his knowlege for the common good).
    • Artifex + Modding service award = Opifex.

All these for the survival of TWC.
    As i wrote in an other thread most of us had the privilege to have great teachers.
    Now TWC needs motivation to keep new blood active.
    None of us became what we are today since day one here in TWC.
    PS: I hope my bad english did not make my message hard to understand.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; November 22, 2021 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Correction to a phrase.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Discussion] 501 Legio Artifex Act

There is no point in giving Legio awards to people who have stopped modding. Award only people who are still actively making modding contributions (release things). Like hey modder, we know you were awarded Artifex some years ago but we see you released a new mod, and we'd like to show appreaciation for your activity with this small award.

Trying to graft extra requirements to the Legio award upgrades will only undermine it's intention as small award for modders.

I would also point out that it should not be necessary for a modder to have released his or her own mod/submod but if the modder is part of a team then someone from that team should be able to point out what the modder in question has done for a mod in order to get it released, or made better.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    There is no point in giving Legio awards to people who have stopped modding. Award only people who are still actively making modding contributions (release things). Like hey modder, we know you were awarded Artifex some years ago but we see you released a new mod, and we'd like to show appreaciation for your activity with this small award.

Trying to graft extra requirements to the Legio award upgrades will only undermine it's intention as small award for modders.
    Being active is a stipulation.

Once you have an Artifex, Opifex is the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I would also point out that it should not be necessary for a modder to have released his or her own mod/submod but if the modder is part of a team then someone from that team should be able to point out what the modder in question has done for a mod in order to get it released, or made better.

That was exactly my sentence aimed too in my previus post.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    That gold award will motivate him to start a new mod or to participate in one.
    By becoming a mod member and add his/her work in it the rest of the mod members could point out his/her work inorder to atract the award commitee attention or nominate him/her for the next award.
    The point is that each minor modding award should be replaced and not displaced all as someone wrote "looking like medals on a general's chest". From the minor award the only one must be remain visual is the Modding Service award because that way we will encourage modders to SHARE their knowlege with others and not selfish keepoing it for them selves forgeting that once they were noobies and asked help to get started.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I've always felt like it went without saying that of course more than just the team leader can, and should, be nominated for awards for the mod.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

From the minor award the only one must be remain visual is the Modding Service award because that way we will encourage modders to SHARE their knowlege with others and not selfish keepoing it for them selves forgeting that once they were noobies and asked help to get started.
    Modding Service is also given for having hosted mods. It does not inherently imply sharing knowledge in the way I believe you mean, so its function in this respect doesn't do its job.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I've always felt like it went without saying that of course more than just the team leader can, and should, be nominated for awards for the mod.
    A modding leader can simply be a history researcher. In both Dominion of teh Sword and CBUR Project both mod leaders started as history researchers before expanded to other fields of modding. Reading books is not a modding action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    Modding Service is also given for having hosted mods. It does not inherently imply sharing knowledge in the way I believe you mean, so its function in this respect doesn't do its job.
    That is for the award comitee to change (the purpose of the award). As others pointed many times modding awards requirments over laping one each other making un-nesssesary their existance. The title "Modding Service" by its self can aply to such a requirments change.We a motivation for the modding knowlege to pass to the next generations and not keep it for our selvs. The ones that do such benefit actually serves TWC in his strugle to continue to exist. TWC wont survive with AARs and blogs like "what i eat every morning" but with mods, tools etc. Those that will help in that task must be in common sight...
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; November 23, 2021 at 03:38 AM.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

That is for the award comitee to change (the purpose of the award). As others pointed many times modding awards requirments over laping one each other making un-nesssesary their existance. The title "Modding Service" by its self can aply to such a requirments change.We a motivation for the modding knowlege to pass to the next generations and not keep it for our selvs. The ones that do such benefit actually serves TWC in his strugle to continue to exist. TWC wont survive with AARs and blogs like "what i eat every morning" but with mods, tools etc. Those that will help in that task must be in common sight...
    I think collaborative resource building (such as development of common knowledge, the wiki, and so forth) are the primary methods to this, awards just as a consequence that are nice flavor. But various users I believe disagree, and I digress. Unfortunately the modding awards were bungled from the start, but if not (I suppose if we start now, either way) we could refocus the MS to a truly 'community service' type award with regards to modding, distinguishing one's openness in knowledge and/or resources, not just releasing content which can get one any of the other awards and this one already one way or another.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I think collaborative resource building (such as development of common knowledge, the wiki, and so forth) are the primary methods to this, awards just as a consequence that are nice flavor. But various users I believe disagree, and I digress. Unfortunately the modding awards were bungled from the start, but if not (I suppose if we start now, either way) we could refocus the MS to a truly 'community service' type award with regards to modding, distinguishing one's openness in knowledge and/or resources, not just releasing content which can get one any of the other awards and this one already one way or another.
    When I started a discusion about a new more fair award giving to members that I had in mind. Like you said many disagree. I respect their disagreement but the question that emerges is this.
    If knowlege will stop spreading to next generations (and not just traficing a pre-made context) TWC will die. As a chinese proverb says "its better to learn someone how to fish than give him a fish to eat".
    To those that disagree an other question emerges. Their famcy titles and badges what purpose will serve if TWC will stop to exist?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

When I started a discusion about a new more fair award giving to members that I had in mind. Like you said many disagree. I respect their disagreement but the question that emerges is this.
    If knowlege will stop spreading to next generations (and not just traficing a pre-made context) TWC will die. As a chinese proverb says "its better to learn someone how to fish than give him a fish to eat".
    To those that disagree an other question emerges. Their famcy titles and badges what purpose will serve if TWC will stop to exist?
    To the question that emerges, I will ask this; how could you (hypothetically, it could be anyone) say that your idea of how to continue the spread of knowledge and life of the site is the path, without which we are doomed?

Perspective is a blessing and a curse. Typically we all see the problem. What we do not see is a consistent solution. Though I suppose part of that is the compromising attitude. If we can break down the heart of the problem first, we can better build up to the solution. So perhaps the breaking down must be through a discussion deeper than this proposal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12