Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: Valuation of Citizenship

  1. #101
    Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    18,553
    Blog Entries
    40

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    I thought it's pretty clear that any curial proposal, election or otherwise, is still a proposal as per the constitution. I mean, GED even "somewhat" recently, proposed an idea here in the curia -> https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15784790, but nobody really followed through properly on it, unfortunately. I mean technically Hex could just decide to create that award for GED instead of it having to go thru a proposal process, but that didn't seem to happen from what I remember. I think it'd be nice for the site owner if some of those things were acted on whenever GED suggested it though. That's just me and I didn't have access to such high level discussions or interactions.
    I'm sorry, but I don't get exactly what you mean there, if you wish to expand I'll appreciate. Anyways, GED can decide what he likes the most, he doesn't need the Hex for that and certainly not the Curia
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

  2. #102
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,769
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't get exactly what you mean there, if you wish to expand I'll appreciate. Anyways, GED can decide what he likes the most, he doesn't need the Hex for that and certainly not the Curia
    I believe he is intimating that since GED would go through the Curia to enact ideas he like rather than arbitrarily decreeing them as his amenability of having the Curia decide on the operation of the site in general. I do not think he is familiar with other statements by GED where he pretty much limited what the Curia can decide to "improve upon" in other statements.

  3. #103
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    16,787

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post

    To address your post, we do not need active members now for the system to work.
    Yes you do. What you're suggesting is change for the sake of change. There aren't enough people for the Curia itself to function as intended and here you are saying that splitting it even further will have no effect. Bruh. Not to mention that

    a. this will do nothing to promote the site whatsoever. You're shouting inside an anechoic chamber and calling it a concert. You want to promote the site, go hit r/totalwar and do so. Circle-jerking in here is not going to change anything aside give people chores they have to do to keep a badge, and we already have staff for that.

    b. what you just said is the biggest " you we don't want your kind around these parts" to non-modders and non-staffers I have ever seen.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


  4. #104
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,769
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Yes you do. What you're suggesting is change for the sake of change. There aren't enough people for the Curia itself to function as intended and here you are saying that splitting it even further will have no effect. Bruh. Not to mention that

    a. this will do nothing to promote the site whatsoever. You're shouting inside an anechoic chamber and calling it a concert. You want to promote the site, go hit r/totalwar and do so. Circle-jerking in here is not going to change anything aside give people chores they have to do to keep a badge, and we already have staff for that.

    b. what you just said is the biggest " you we don't want your kind around these parts" to non-modders and non-staffers I have ever seen.
    Your posts have become cantankerous to say the least.
    The site has declining activity, so making any suggestions to improve is not a change for the sake of change. That statement only makes sense when things are moving along wonderfully.
    Your statement that the Curia lack the membership is categorically false anyway. There are staff who are citizens and they are citizens still contributing in other areas. Perhaps for you, you perceived yourself as only contributing to the Curia, but unfortunately, even you would fit into the Senate's qualifications. But anyway, if you are not interesting and finding a solution perhaps threads regarding the problem isn't for you. You do not seem to want to contribute in any meaningful or positive way.

  5. #105
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    16,787

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Your suggestion does not improve anything. It's change for the sake of change.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


  6. #106
    ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,200

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    The Curia certainly lacks the activity for such a system to work, just like nearly all your ideas. You simultaneously are the person most interested in patronizations, a commendable effort even if claiming they’re integral to restoring the site is a dubious idea at best, but then also have been constantly pushing for highly elitist and illogical “change for change’s sake” Amendments to the Curia that neuter basic citizenship.

    Do you want citizenship to be attainable and the Curia attractive to all “good, well behaved members” or do you want it to be tiered like a pyramid where basic citizenship doesn’t really get you anything because some are “more equal” than others? Even then your proposal wouldn’t work well with the number of active users remaining and the population distribution of your new user groups.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

  7. #107

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Let's not forget that this entire thread is built on the fact that PikeStance misread my post and could not acknowledge that to actually try responding within context. Instead, he chose to act as if he was on point all along and ended up continuing the charade for pages. Hence, his suggestion is classified as "change for the sake of change" with no real value. With such level of pettiness, its impossible to come up with any genuine thought. It's not wonder there is less and less activity in the Curia as more people are fed up with such pettiness. It's partially our fault to give it a voice, however.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  8. #108
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    16,787

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    I suggested we try something constructive like multiplayer games or even board games (secret hitler is available online) but there was 0 interest beyond Akar and stallion greg.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


  9. #109
    PikeStance's Avatar Assume Good Intentions
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tirana, Albania
    Posts
    12,769
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    The Curia certainly lacks the activity for such a system to work, just like nearly all your ideas. You simultaneously are the person most interested in patronizations, a commendable effort even if claiming they’re integral to restoring the site is a dubious idea at best, but then also have been constantly pushing for highly elitist and illogical “change for change’s sake” Amendments to the Curia that neuter basic citizenship.
    Do you want citizenship to be attainable and the Curia attractive to all “good, well behaved members” or do you want it to be tiered like a pyramid where basic citizenship doesn’t really get you anything because some are “more equal” than others? Even then your proposal wouldn’t work well with the number of active users remaining and the population distribution of your new user groups.
    As I already explained, staff members are already active on the site and it is in its best interest to identify good posters. Citizens are active on other areas of the site. The only way they would be a lacking of members in any group if you are suggesting that there are no or hardly any staff or former staff members active or there are no or hardly any citizens not engaged in other areas of the forum. I find that notion hard to believe.

    Tiered system and attainability of citizenship are not diametrically opposed ideas. However, I would not call it a tiered system. It is more of a sideways step. Are citizens who can patronized a tier to those who cannot? There is a three month waiting period before a citizen can patronized. There is no time limit for senators and just a 6 months (three months more) for Centuriate. Moreover, members of the CdeC were never considered to be "higher" than other citizens. They simply took on the responsibility of judging applicants for citizenship. lastly, the system itself engineered to have members contribute in meaningful areas. That is, the very same area where they proved their worthiness for citizenship (although it doesn't have to be the same area). You are assuming far too many impediments than actually exist.

  10. #110
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,564
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    I suggested we try something constructive like multiplayer games or even board games (secret hitler is available online) but there was 0 interest beyond Akar and stallion greg.
    For the record, I'm still totally on board for something like this. If a few more people expressed interest I'd be willing to organize something, perhaps on a bi/weekly or monthly game.

    Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  11. #111
    z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Patrician Artifex

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,517

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    I wouldn't mind, I've been thinking it would be to nice to play a Close Combat series game against somebody, they're pretty old games but lots of fun. Somebody has to be the nazi though.


    Tbh, it's the only game that has consistently held my interest for about 20 years straight as a strategy game.


    Here's a video of one of their games but with a mod

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7YrQoI-ZLak
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

  12. #112
    Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen Censor

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Posts
    19,564
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    I'll make a general organization thread in the next couple days, probably in the TD or the QS, for the organization of some sort of TWC game night/week/month/whatever. Someplace to sort out everyone's desired/available games and when they're available to play.

    As an aside there are quite a few of us that hang out and play games in an unorganized and unofficial capacity together in the TD discord server (accessible via a link in my sig), which anyone reading this is more than welcome to joinl.

    Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Join the Thema Devia Discord here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan







  13. #113
    ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,200

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    The only major issue is that as such a global forum finding a time that works for a large group of people is always gonna be rough
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

  14. #114
    Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    10,329

    Default Re: Valuation of Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Let's not forget that this entire thread is built on the fact that PikeStance misread my post and could not acknowledge that to actually try responding within context. Instead, he chose to act as if he was on point all along and ended up continuing the charade for pages. Hence, his suggestion is classified as "change for the sake of change" with no real value. With such level of pettiness, its impossible to come up with any genuine thought. It's not wonder there is less and less activity in the Curia as more people are fed up with such pettiness. It's partially our fault to give it a voice, however.
    Candidate for the most Ironic post of the month?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •