Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by Vidovit View Post
    Sure thing!

For diplomats I don't agree; there should be some ''slow'' diplomat at home then that can negotiate in your home region because that's where the decision making happens. The one you start off with gets constant quests to get trade deals with countries and ends up far away..

Here is an example of the AI not accepting a region - tried to give HRE back Ratisborn but they don't want it back; this happened multiple times for example to get Spain to peace out I had to capture parts of Spain which I don't want to keep and they wouldn't take them back, nor would Aragon accept it as a gift nor the Moors who were my allies;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

England not taking Wales in 90+ turns..

And the message that keeps appearing is Albigensian Heresy - I saw this one like 10 times; its not each turn but often enough

The IA diplomacy is the most big issue in MED2; sometimes IA doesnt think rationally - obviusly is a simple machine with few logocal option A to B. In a situation of annihilation IA won't hardly accept the peace ( or ally with a major power to survive); if you are more strong - economly and military that it -probably it would even attack you ( ehi man, are you joke?!).

Hi guys, as I follow some feedback about diplomacy I thought is necessary to make a guide. I will continue working on it in next days, but here is the first version:

1. Reputation and relations go from -1.0 to +1.0. Lowest to highest:
    * Despicable
    * Deceitful
    * Very Untrustworthy
    * Untrustworthy
    * Dubious
    * Mixed
    * Reliable
    * Very Reliable
    * Trustworthy
    * Very trustworthy
    * Immaculate

1. High reputation will give some benefits:
    - trusted ally- if rep is higher then x your allies will not attack you,
    - Better relations with others, smaller chance of being attacked
    - New trades and alliances and even buying settlements are easier
    3. To raise reputation:
    - release prisoners(also improves relations with your enemy)
    - Assist your allies in battle,
    - Take part in crusades, jihads and conquer the targets
    - Build big cathedrals and mosques, and big charity centers,
    - Never exterminate or sack cities, be very careful to start the war first.
    4. If you are at war and relations fall to terrible or abysmal your enemy may not want peace no matter what. Just stay in you territory, release prisoners if he attacks you, wait until he forgets a little bit the harm done and when relations go up, try ceasefire again. Being at war is sometimes beneficial as winning battles and releasing many captives gives good reputation the fastest.
    5. When you are among one of the 5 or even more one of 3 biggest factions, the relations will gradually decrease to very bad, and that should result in a war from many directions. If your reputation is very good, it will not happen or will happen later (remember that some factions start already being one of the biggest)
    6. Buying or trading settlements is very rare, if another faction has only few settlements probably there is no reasonable price that will make them sell it.
    7. Be ware of being called warmonger as it will decrease rapidly your relations and public order in you cities.
    8. Giving money as a gift will help your relations very little and not affect your reputation at all. Usually the amount to pay for increase in relations is so big that make it not worth it. Alliances are also much more expensive then before or in vanilla.
    9. Many times, especially in beginning, you will need to wait for the other factions to propose the alliance or ceasefire- you will basically have not enough money to pay for it. It’s on purpose, otherwise the whole diplomacy in the game is reduced to have a lot of money.
    10. As alliances are more expensive and the diplomacy more precarious- choose your allies well. The world will soon be divided into different groups of allies. If you rep is good enough to be treated as a trusted ally you will benefit from your allies helping you in war. To survive as Portugal, Hungary, Serbia and some other factions depends on having trusted allies and keeping some borders protected. Most of the times is extremely difficult or impossible to wage war with few enemies at the same time.

There are other factors in diplomacy, but not so important as the ones above. The ones I wrote above are tested to be working and trigger during the game, but many will be improved in the next version. Following you feedback I will continue to work on it: raise/ lower some factors to make it work better or making some mechanisms for more clarity and AI more reasonable..

I don't have any issues with settlement negotiations, but I will confirm that the AI is (has always been since vanilla M2TW) terrible at naval warfare.

England not taking Wales is also something I've experienced in my Scotland game. They sat units along our border and ignored rebel armies that were running rampant in their territory. This is odd behavior, as I've seen other AI factions squash rebels quite quickly.

Why is my "camp" getting pillaged, when I successfully sally out?
    "Oh hey, you killed some units. That'll be 2500 florins please."

Also, have you heard about this place called Moscow? I hear there's a place by a river called Moscow. It was fortified back in the 1300s or some . Hey bro, did I mention Moscow? We should totally meet there. I hear it's fortified and everything. You'll never guess what I just learned about, this place called Moscow. It's fortified and everything. Bro, we should totally meet there. But did you know that Moscow is a fortified settlement first mentioned in the Xth century?

Almost every single turn, I get notified about the founding of Moscow.

StaefanBatory's Avatar Civis

Also "Albigensian Heresy" event occures too often. "The joining to crusade" event occurs three times each time my general joines to crusade.
    Life without Total War games isn't a life

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Hi Mattus, some explanation - there are triggers that basically affect the strongest factions, they are called 'Tall Poppy'. Just by being strong others start hate you.
    ; Make factions get a case of the 'tall poppy' syndrome. get narky about the larger factions; Test the factions score against the leading faction as a percentage
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0086_Update_Tall_Poppy1
    ;In the beggining of campaign only Moors qualifies here
    WhenToTest FactionTurnStart
    Condition FactionHasRank
    and FactionScorePercent overall > 80
    and FactionScoreRank overall <= 1
    FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave } normalise -0.5 40

Trigger 0087_Update_Tall_Poppy2
    ;In the beggining of campaign, only Byz, Turks, Moors qualifies here
    Condition FactionHasRank
    and FactionScorePercent overall > 70
    and FactionScoreRank overall <= 3
    FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave } normalise -0.5 60

;In the beggining of campaign, only Byz, Egypt, Turks, Moors and HRE qualifies here
    Trigger 0088_Update_Tall_Poppy3
    Condition FactionHasRank
    and FactionScorePercent overall > 50
    and FactionScoreRank overall <= 5
    FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave } normalise -0.5 80
    ;Standing rapidly decrease when human becomes strong
    ;Gets to 50% strongest and in first 5 factions
    ;Reputation reliable and above prevents

Trigger 0088_Update_Tall_Poppy4
    Condition FactionHasRank
    and FactionScorePercent overall > 50
    and FactionScoreRank overall <= 5
    and FactionIsLocal
    and GlobalStanding < 0.6

FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave, papal_states } normalise -1.0 20

;Standing rapidly decrease when human becomes very strong
    ;Gets to 67% of the strongest and in first 3 factions
    ;Has to have really good reputation (above very reliable) not to be seen as the worst threat

Trigger 0088_Update_Tall_Poppy5
    Condition FactionHasRank
    and FactionScorePercent overall > 67
    and FactionScoreRank overall <= 3
    and FactionIsLocal
    and GlobalStanding < 0.8

FactionStanding exclude_factions { slave, papal_states } normalise -1.0 10

The last two concerns human player, may be avoided if ones reputation is very good. Keep playing, release captives, take part in jihads, build mosques and charity centers and your reputation will grow, which means others stop looking at you as a threat.
    Alliances are difficult on purpose, but it makes having 20 alliances more difficult and a game more realistic. The same buying stuff with money - buying better relations is much more difficult, the same about settlement. Choose your allies well, help them in wars-this plus having good rep should help. Fatimids are very well situated, you have to worry only about the crusader state.

There is 5 factions that starts from high level - HRE, Byz, Fatimids, Moors and Seljuks. Other factions will not be affected in the beginning by Tall Poppy.

BTW I just added to these triggers two conditions - difficulty v.hard and turn number > 20.

Should these relations normalize if I will lose the any Rank ( if I lose battles or territories ) or they would renain on the last level ( ex. so.-so; poor .....etc)?
    I find that these systems start too early, when I have only 9 cities!

They would normalize if you loose the rank. In the next version they would trigger a little bit later (turn 20), but regardless of the number of the cities..

So the game can't tell me how much money I'm going to make next turn, but if I go negative, half my army disbands. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaku View Post
    So the game can't tell me how much money I'm going to make next turn, but if I go negative, half my army disbands. Brilliant.
    Yeah thats why i love to play this mod. Its historical gameplay with challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    Yeah thats why i love to play this mod. Its historical gameplay with challenge.
    The AI getting free stacks of the most up to date units that it can't even afford to maintain, and then suiciding these magic units while refusing to ever pay ransom in an endless war of attrition, is one way to add challenge. 0.97 was somewhat manageable. 0.98 is ridiculous.

Lisandar's Avatar Laetus

Hey guys, first of all cudos for the great mod!

I have problem with setting my screen on wide mode (preferably 1920x1080). I don't understand where can I find configuration file because working it out trough settings in the game itself doesn't work.

Lisandar's Avatar Laetus

Hey guys, first of all cudos for the great mod!
    I have problem with setting my screen on wide mode (preferably 1920x1080). I don't understand where can I find configuration file because working it out trough settings in the game itself doesn't work.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

You have to modify the values ​​in the configuration.cfg file in SSHIP_098

Here is the resolution for my screen :

[video]
    ### If you want to enable windowed mode, uncomment the following settings and adapt them to you screen resolution
    borderless_window=true
    windowed=true
    battle_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the battle map - (h*w)
    campaign_resolution = 1920 1200 # Resolution on the

SSHIP DEVELOPERS AND FANS, HERE ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO IN YOUTUBE ABOUT SSHIP!!!
    2 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY BY @THETERMINATOR , BUT IS 0.97 VERSION...
    We have to give more publicity to our wonderful and historical mod and more players will be able to see it and enjoy it! For my part, I always inform YouTube collaborators about the new versions and their characteristics, as well as pass the access links to total war forums.
    I hope you like the gameplay!!!

YOUTUBE LINK
    https://youtu.be/3ZSOaXVZJKI
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I have a question: I'm playing with Lithuania and is there a script about lithuania conversion of cristianity? ( like Bellum Crucis)
    Last edited by Mattus; August 09, 2022 at 03:28 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    I have a question: I'm playing with Lithuania and is there a script about lithuania conversion of cristianity? ( like Bellum Crucis)
    No, there's no such a script. It'd be very laborious (though possible) given various scripts and traits that are coded in the SSHIP. We assume that Lithuania would stick to paganism and this makes it special.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    No, there's no such a script. It'd be very laborious (though possible) given various scripts and traits that are coded in the SSHIP. We assume that Lithuania would stick to paganism and this makes it special.
    Not even copying from pre-existing script? I find the possibility of reconversions as in BC extremely laborious - I would have kept it singleSI/NO but as a pagan I noticed a "privileged" status compared to Muslims: the AI never crusaded against me, I was not worsening my status because I defeat the Orthodox and I have no malus with the Popes.
    I valued it as a dual cost/benefit option:
    - you convert, you lose your pagan units but you "save" yourself from the crusades;
    - you do not convert, you keep your units but have the danger of the crusades;

Historically, the conversion choice remains more political than factual-the population remained pagan and orthodox, the elite converted

Not even copying from pre-existing script?
    Oh, copying from pre-existing scripts can work in a very basic mods, but in a more advanced one it can only give you an idea how to do things, but then you need to know what's inside your mod and tweak everything accordingly. It can be just a start of a long journey. For instance, in the SSHIP we've added conditions like "faction_turn_lithuania" or "faction_turn_pagan" etc. in various places. Or in the traits' part (EDCT) the pagans have their own system. One would need to screen all of the code to get rid of those that prompt crashes, not to mention stupidities.
    Then there's a sea of coding I'm not an expert in, or have no clue they exist. Even in the script, I think I know like 50% of stuff (well, line-wise perhaps more because I've drafted over 100k lines this winter).

;===================== CONTENTS ==================================================

;---- HELP FOR MODERS
    ;------- Technical advice
    ;------- Advice on moding this SSHIP script
    ;------- Ideas for further modding

;---- TECHNICALITIES for script
    ;------- Reveal everything ( shift + r to trigger)
    ;------- Test trigger ( shift + t to trigger)
    ;------- Show build version and date in the log

;---- CAMPAIGN SET-UP
    ;------- Difficulty set-up (counters & infos for difficulty, king's purse adjustments)
    ;------- Who's playing current turn
    ;---------- Definitions for eras, leap years, etc.
    ;---------- Beginning of AI turn: zeroing counters, setting AI & difficulties
    ;---------- Beginning of PLAYER turn: zeroing counters, setting player & other counters, aggressivity system decrease
    ;---------- Beginning of EACH FACTION turn: setting counters for faction, religion, culture, size
    ;---------- Whose settlement it is
    ;------- Reveal Known Settlements (at the beginning of a campaign)

;---- NOTIFICATIONS (pop-out windows)
    ;------- Info depending on difficulty
    ;------- Info depending on religion
    ;------- Factions' initial historical info pop-up
    ;------- Factions close-to-collapse
    ;------- Statistics of the campaign

;---- AI SUPPORT
    ;------- Destroy AI buildings that prevent AI from funding other buildings
    ;------- Spawn of Armies at the Beginning
    ;------- Spawn of Fleets at the Beginning
    ;------- Scripted Early Sieges with Additional Armies
    ;------- Additional Fleets Throughout The Game
    ;------- Additional General if there're Too Few

;---- AI FACTION REEMERGENCE SCRIPT (11000 lines)

;---- BATTLE RELATED
    ;------- Leader Battle Models
    ;------- G5 BAI STUFF (22000 lines)
    ;------- G5 Looting Script

;---- ECONOMY
    ;------- Player's treasury size counter & anti-hoarding mechanism (to be used also in other scripts)
    ;------- G5 Faction Economy Script
    ;------- Additional Costs (Change of Capital, Supply, NewNobles, JoinsCrusade)
    ;------- Mercenaries Disband Due to Debts

;---- INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS (5500 lines)
    ;------- Small scripts for diplomacy
    ;------- Player Agressivity Mechanism (turmoil and deterioration of diplo standing after capture of a settlement)
    ;------- Aggressor Tracking Script (if and how many on-going war were inititated by a faction)
    ;------- AI Faction Leader Change Effects (for a weak AI the diplomatic standing is reset)

;---- FACTION LEADER
    ;------- FL Policies & Counters (EDCT -> counters -> EDB, script & other) (1700 lines)
    ;------- Change on the throne counters & costs (2000 lines)
    ;------- Crowns (ceremony, costs, upkeep)
    ;------- FL Faction Killer (for each faction monitor CeasedFactionLeader)
    ;------- King's Right Hand tracking (Near_Loyalty)

;---- BUILDINGS
    ;---------- Counters for number of buildings completed
    ;------- REGULAR BUILDINGS
    ;---------- Racing Track
    ;---------- Universities - catholic evolution
    ;---------- Printing Press
    ;------- UNIQUE BUILDINGS (wonders) --- (fires coded for: Holy Sepulchre, Umayyad Mosque, Speyer, Wien, Krakow)
    ;------- HANSA buildings
    ;---------- Hanseatic System
    ;---------- Hansa buildings fires
    ;------- SOUTH ITALY buildings
    ;---------- Al-Idrisi
    ;---------- South Italy Building fires
    ;------- Knight Orders (Recruitment Requirements, Dissolution of the Templars, Hospitaller, Teutonic, Santiago)

;---- PROVINCES
    ;------- Provinces activated on SettlementSelected
    ;------- Capture of Settlements (change of name, armies spawned, building damaged, counters: _turns_in_our_realm, aggressivity)
    ;---------- List of 199 settlements by region (28000 lines)
    ;------- Settlement Situation (unrest due to conquest, occupation, weak leader, player's aggressivity)
    ;---------- Script for each of 199 settlements (55000 lines)
    ;------- Civil war after usurpation (Armies & Duration) (1800 lines)
    ;------- Rebellions in troublesome regions (spawn of slave armies: Austria)
    ;------- Wars over historically contested provinces (Bohemia, Jutland)

;---- INVASIONS
    ;------- Scripts common for invasions mechanisms (decrease purse, countdown of counters etc.)
    ; monitor: PreFactionTurnStart FactionType slave
    ;------- Scotland Mobilizes
    ;------- Bulgarian Uprising (098 deactivated)
    ;------- Eldeguzid invasions of Georgia
    ;------- Turcoman Help for Rum
    ;------- Berber Help for Moors
    ;------- Makurian Help for the Fatimids
    ;------- Steppes Untamed - Nomadic Tribes Help for the Cumans
    ;------- Qara Khitai
    ;------- GOLDEN HORDE (MONGOL INVASIONS)

;---- FACTIONS' HISTORICAL EVOLUTIONS
    ;---------- Info on spheres of influence (activated on SettlementSelected)
    ;---------- Ostsiedlung event
    ;------- Catholic Factions
    ;---------- Poland Evolution
    ;---------- Hungary Evolution
    ;---------- Kingdom of Jerusalem Evolution
    ;---------- France Evolution
    ;---------- HRE Evolution
    ;---------- England Evolution
    ;---------- Scotland Evolution
    ;---------- Norway Evolution
    ;---------- Denmark Evolution
    ;---------- Aragon Evolution
    ;---------- Portugal Evolution
    ;------- Pagan Factions
    ;---------- Lithuania Evolution
    ;------- Orthodox Factions
    ;---------- Byzantine Evolutions
    ;---------- Serbia Evolution
    ;---------- Georgia Evolution
    ;---------- Rus Evolution
    ;------- Muslim Dynasties
    ;---------- Rum Evolution
    ;---------- Almoravid Evolution
    ;---------- Zengid Evolution
    ;---------- Abbasid Evolution
    ;---------- Fatimid Evolution (Baqt, Fatimid to Ayyubid, Ayyubid to Mamluk)

;---- CHURCH, ANCILLARIES, PRINCESSES
    ;------- Church Titles
    ;------- Ecumenical Patriarch
    ;------- Great People Ancillaries
    ;------- Noble Lady Spawn Script (3000 lines)

;---- NATURAL DISASTERS
    ;------- Earthquakes
    ;------- Floods

;---- INTERACTIVE EVENTS
    ;------- Great Trade Fair
    ;------- Great Tourney
    ;------- Troubadours
    ;------- Great Councils
    ;------- Pirates
    ;------- Financial Support for Portugal
    ;------- Financial Support for the Crusaders

;---- INACTIVE SCRIPTS
    ;------- Republic Heir Creation (INACTIVE)
    ;------- Choose next heir (Miguel_80) (INACTIVE)

;---- END OF SCRIPT - DON'T DELETE WHAT'S BELOW
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 10, 2022 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Oh, copying from pre-existing scripts can work in a very basic mods, but in a more advanced one it can only give you an idea how to do things, but then you need to know what's inside your mod and tweak everything accordingly. It can be just a start of a long journey. For instance, in the SSHIP we've added conditions like "faction_turn_lithuania" or "faction_turn_pagan" etc. in various places. Or in the traits' part (EDCT) the pagans have their own system. One would need to screen all of the code to get rid of those that prompt crashes, not to mention stupidities.
    Then there's a sea of coding I'm not an expert in, or have no clue they exist. Even in the script, I think I know like 50% of stuff (well, line-wise perhaps more because I've drafted over 100k lines this winter).
    Of course I didn't mean to minimize, only to point out the privileged peculiarity: namely, that they don't declare crusades to me, and as they pay they should!
    It was not my intent to question historical inaccuracy which we would not know would happen in a historical simulation! - I love pagan rising - as much as the situation they experience.
    In a game with such a long timelapse ( even too long to 1560 ) the fact that there is only a hint of the Baltic Crusades.

At least to me no script.... was activated then I don't know.

A question to you all: have you ever experience a fire of a unique building? I've prepared codes for a few of them. The fires should occur very rarely, like one in 50 years. You would get a notification and you'd need to repair / rebuild one.

;------- UNIQUE BUILDINGS (wonders) --- (fires coded for: Holy Sepulchre, Umayyad Mosque, Speyer, Wien, Krakow)
    ;------- HANSA buildings
    ;---------- Hanseatic System
    ;---------- Hansa buildings fires
    ;------- SOUTH ITALY buildings
    ;---------- Al-Idrisi
    ;---------- South Italy Building fires

In a game with such a long timelapse ( even too long to 1560 ) the fact that there is only a hint of the Baltic Crusades.
    I think the crusades still may be called against the pagans in Lithuania, so this is a reflection of this phenomenon.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; August 10, 2022 at 07:29 AM.