Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have that save anymore, but I do have saves just a turn before and after. And I was able to recreate that CTD sometimes, but not always. I simply could not figure out, what action is exactly the problem.
    Hey @The Despondent Mind, I did not forget about the save you sent!
    Unfortunately I couldn't find anything useful, but thanks again for the report.
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Weird thing just happened in my Sicily campaign. So I have yet to fulfill my crown requirements but I moved my king to the capital (turn 150ish) and he just received two crowns. The one for Italy and one for Iberia.

Quote Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
    Weird thing just happened in my Sicily campaign. So I have yet to fulfill my crown requirements but I moved my king to the capital (turn 150ish) and he just received two crowns. The one for Italy and one for Iberia.
    Thanks for the report, that is indeed strange!
    I had a quick look at the relevant triggers and I didn't find an error in them, I'll have to look more in depth.
    Can you also confirm that you didn't change the mod files during the campaign (by updating to a new version for example?)
    This can mess up the trait system and explain this weird situation.

I did not. This campaign is from the newest version. I don't think it matters but just an fyi, I did not do a new install of MTW vanilla when deleting the previous version and dropping the new version in the 98 file.

I'm just gonna play it off as if the pope gave me a mandate to conquer Iberia, as the Reconquista is not going well

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
    As usual: upload a save, pls, this could provide a lot of insight
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

JoC, forgive me, like I said earlier, just entering into the feedback business here.

Here are the links. The quicksave link is from before my king gets crowned. It says that he is ready to be crowned based on father legacy. The second one is sometime after he has been crowned.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FPd...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCA...ew?usp=sharing

No worries, and thanks for the report and the saves!

We usually request logs and saves because, unless very specific situations, there is always a lot of ways things can go differently than what we expected during modding

EDIT:

Its turn 80, and I cannot recruit anything (Byzantium). Like nothing in my entire faction, not a ship, unit, agent... Everything goes to the gray recruitment slot, there is no green queue.

Amateur question, what to do against squalor build up?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; April 30, 2022 at 04:40 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@The Despondent Mind: Normally, all buildings that improve health should limit squalor.

I advise players to choose a faction from southern Europe: the images of the events are absolutely beautiful ! Thanks @Ceph

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Its turn 80, and I cannot recruit anything (Byzantium). Like nothing in my entire faction, not a ship, unit, agent... Everything goes to the gray recruitment slot, there is no green queue.
    Looks like a wrong build. In a normal one, it's not possible. Or we don't know something. As usually, upload a save.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

I'm up to turn 15 now with a Byzantine vh/vh campaign and I have noticed a significant number of crashes, both in battles, after battles and during end turn. Most of them have been during end turn when rebels have sallied out from their cities and I've beaten them.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my playstyle and maybe the scripts crash then. I've just tried to blitz through all the rebel territory so I currently control 29 regions. I took all the generals out of the cities and they did all the work.

Also I noticed during a battle that one battle map is currently not finished, Qálígalá castle is floating.

Images of said castle below.

https://ibb.co/cJGYCWs

https://ibb.co/8KhRcWr

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Looks like a wrong build. In a normal one, it's not possible. Or we don't know something. As usually, upload a save.

Here is the Save.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    I'm up to turn 15 now with a Byzantine vh/vh campaign and I have noticed a significant number of crashes, both in battles, after battles and during end turn. Most of them have been during end turn when rebels have sallied out from their cities and I've beaten them.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my playstyle and maybe the scripts crash then. I've just tried to blitz through all the rebel territory so I currently control 29 regions. I took all the generals out of the cities and they did all the work.

Also I noticed during a battle that one battle map is currently not finished, Qálígalá castle is floating.

https://ibb.co/cJGYCWs

https://ibb.co/8KhRcWr

I'll check for the flying castle. I thought changing the maximum height in the descr_terrain file solved this bug.
    I am also surprised at the number of crashes you say you have suffered. My version is very stable so far (although I've only played a few rounds of the Hre and Pisa factions).

I would say first question is: is your version the latest?
    Last edited by Macaras; May 02, 2022 at 03:48 PM.

@Souka : As you can see on these images, the castle of Qaliqalà does not fly on my version:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Either you have an old version or you have to rebuild the map with the Map and Bin file cleaner.bat which is in the SSHIP_098 folder

I did a few laps with the Georgian faction to get as close as possible to the castle in question. Everything is working perfectly for now.

- No bugs
    - Various event panels superbly illustrated by the work of @Cephalophore
    - Units not yet "historical" for the 12th century period, but @Kevhsur and @Umbraca are taking care of them !
    - After the conquest of the city, you will notice that the latter was renamed by the victors. It's awesome !

@Macaras: FYI, I continue to test the game with the descr_terrain even more modified than that of the last version. No visible problem so far.

dimensions
    {
    width 510
    height 288
    }
    heights
    {
    min_sea_height -3406.782
    max_land_height 3700.000
    }
    roughness
    {
    at least 50,000
    max 200,000
    }
    fractal
    {
    multiply 0.500
    }
    attitude
    {
    min 22.000
    max 56,000
    }

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Georgian historical name is

Erzurum - Karnu-Kalaki
    Derbent - Darubandi
    Trabzon - Trapizoni
    Ani - Anisi
    Dvin - Dvini
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 02, 2022 at 06:19 PM.

I forgot to mention that according to some historical sources, even though opinions are divided among the most renown historians- the castle of Qilqala actually WAS flying.. I think we should keep it and add a new units - catapults that may catapult infantry to conquer the castle.. Just kidding - goes to ridiculous ideas.
    Regarding the descr_terrain the max value that keeps the castle on the ground is max_land_height 6100.000, anything above makes it flying much.
    I just discovered that in the last version we kept the old value- so that's why the bug is still there.

Hey folks,

Are custom battles bugged? I like to pop in on a faction and the surrounding ones to see the unit rosters (especially if I've been away for a few patches, which is currently the case).

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

I would say first question is: is your version the latest?
    Yes, it's from this threads first post, version 0.98.

Either you have an old version or you have to rebuild the map with the Map and Bin file cleaner.bat which is in the SSHIP_098 folder
    I tried doing that but it couldn't find any of the files.

Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\campaign_descriptions.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\expanded.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\export_buildings.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\export_units.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\export_VnVs.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\historic_events.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\names.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\quotes.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\text\event_strings.txt.strings.bin
    Could Not Find E:\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm

I have a clean SS6.4, SSHIP v0.92 and other unrelated mods in the same medieval mod folder. I keep having a lot of crashes so unsure what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    Hey folks,
    Are custom battles bugged? I like to pop in on a faction and the surrounding ones to see the unit rosters (especially if I've been away for a few patches, which is currently the case).
    I don't quite get what do you mean.
    - you've got problems with the custom battles?
    - you're asking if playing custom battles is safe?
    - you're asking how do the "in-campaing" rosters correspond to the rosters available in the custom games?
    My answers to an unknown questions would be:
    - the rosters have not changed that much: @kostic is improving mostly the existing units (with some exceptions)
    - the major change is that like 17 units are available to all factions (this means: also in the custom games) while they're de facto restricted geographically (eg. Lithuanian skirmishers are in all the rosters (=available to all factions), but in-campaign they're recruitable only in the Baltics)
    - we're modding with the view of campaing, not custom battles.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!