Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Discussions on the 098 beta version

Quote Originally Posted by xeron 22 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm 40 turns into a Roman Campaign. So far only had 4 crashes, nothing gamebreaking: 2 times while looking over the map, once during end turn and one at the end of a battle.
    A possible bug I've noticed is that if I marry the faction heir to a princess of a different religion, the heir always receives the trait that says he's considered that religion and receives a huge malus (- alot of piety and loyalty). I've tried it for 2 characters and they both received this. I've also tried multiple princesses( catholic and muslim).
    crashes - worrying, especially that looking over the map. Never experienced it before, but @kostic apparently has.
    trait - this is base Stainless Steel, I believe, given that I've never touched that one. I've noted it down to have a look.

This also worked for me.
    I just checked Portugal unit rooster, and it's very basic, hopefully my suggestions will be taken into account by the team.
    Last edited by Sete; November 30, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

30+ turns and not a single crash so far good jub guys!

anyway, i noticed that the AI is very very aggressive, and tend to start wars already at turn 2-3 this leads to a lot of excommunications in short times. maybe it's a bit too aggressive?

Quote Originally Posted by Sete View Post
    I just checked Portugal unit rooster, and it's very basic, hopefully my suggestions will be taken into account by the team.
    we would love to, but, frankly speaking, we don't have much manpower to implement it.

What could be done, is the list of the medieval names, as I've hinted before. Then the Portugues events may be implemented as well, I"ve also wrote how to do it.

That's my experienc too.. What I did was selecting the legacy sship AI from the config AI file of the main mod folder. It sold this problem

found a possible error in the campaign script

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crowns: payment, ceremony
    ;---------- Crowns: payment, ceremony --------- info also through a trait gain message
    ; further modifications:
    ; - more coronation movies
    ; - differentiation of prices
    ; - text specific for religions

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart IsFactionLeader
    and CharacterIsLocal
    and Trait Crownholder = 5

log --- coronation, -20000
    console_command add_money -20000

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic = 1
    log ------ -2000
    historic_event info_crowns_coronation event/coronation_catholic.bik
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_pagan = 1
    log ------ -2000
    historic_event info_crowns_coronation
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox = 1
    log ------ -2000
    end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox = 1
    log ------ -2000
    end_if

end_monitor
    shouldn't the log be -20000?

It’s all about inflation, the moment the script was written the Florins were worth ten times more..

anyway, i did a test campaign with Castile (50+ turns) and not a single crash so far!

i added a lot of money using cheats just for fun and started to conquer all Iberia. i noticed this behaviour from the AI:

- it's extremely difficult to sign a ceasefire. even with one city and their army non-existent, Portugal didn't want to cease hostilities. i had to destroy their faction
    - the same goes for the Moors. after losing all the cities in Spain they accepted peace only after i offered them 35000 cash
    - the AI attacked my cities with pathetic little armies (3-5 units) even if the besieged city was guarded by 15+ units
    - the AI factions around the map never ceased hostilities between themselves, thus leading to a perpetual war of all against all and a lot of excommunications

In my campaign HRE steamrolled everyone in Europe from France to Hungary. Do you think it would be possible to add the civil war script when a faction gets a specific amount of provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by sofficino1989 View Post

anyway, i did a test campaign with Castile (50+ turns) and not a single crash so far!

i added a lot of money using cheats just for fun and started to conquer all Iberia. i noticed this behaviour from the AI:

- it's extremely difficult to sign a ceasefire. even with one city and their army non-existent, Portugal didn't want to cease hostilities. i had to destroy their faction
    - the same goes for the Moors. after losing all the cities in Spain they accepted peace only after i offered them 35000 cash
    - the AI attacked my cities with pathetic little armies (3-5 units) even if the besieged city was guarded by 15+ units
    - the AI factions around the map never ceased hostilities between themselves, thus leading to a perpetual war of all against all and a lot of excommunications
    Same here. Playing as England, 100+ turns. It's extremely hard to sign a ceasefire, even by offering them a city, the enemy does not accept. I also experience besieging my cities with very little armies with weird comps, e.g. Aragonese coming with 2 units of cavalry and the rest is javelin skirms.

HRE stomping everything is also a problem. All Italian factions, except Papal States, the French and Poland got wrecked by HRE. It would be nice, if neighbouring factions would team up on very big expanding factions.

Another feature I would like seeing making a return is the choosing heir function. I hate it, when heir goes to another family branch, despite there being a son of my king later.

Money balance feels very nice though. Crusaders dead within 50 turns as usual. A script to donate captured cities of a crusade to the Crusaders, while increasing relations with the Pope would be very nice.

A question:
    Is it normal to not have his king crowned by turn 100+? I can't get a cathedral so far to get my king crowned. I got the requirements for Piety, authority and territories.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how the Mongol invasion will goe, when other factions hopefully will team up on them.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Have you noticed that we can change the campaign AI in the SSHIP_098 folder?
    By default, IA 1 is loaded, but we can try the others as well:
    echo 1 = z3n / JLMP v3 (new AI, on by default)
    echo 2 = z3n / JLMP v2 (same but with aggressive Roman Empire)
    echo 3 = MWY / TheSavage (legacy SSHIP AI)

Otherwise, having seen the problem of small armies attacking my well-defended towns, I started a campaign with the original AI (MWY / TheSavage). I haven't played enough to tell you if it's better.

The idea of ​​a script to give a city taken in crusade to the eastern Latin states does not seem necessary to me since the player can do it himself with a diplomat. Does that give the player a bonus with the Pope? To be checked...

Congrats guys, you've done it. This november version is the most stable SSHIP since 092. Just saved at 300th turn with HRE, had 1 crash at 281. I do have to say I start the mod with SS_Launcher.exe from previous versions, since newer SSHIP.bat produces more random crashes for me (but the turns are probably 10% faster, or so with .bat). Gameplay is fantastic, can't say I've noticed many bugs, most of them are just nitpicky. Often seen some buildings cancel out while building, but can't really tell which ones cause this. Kaiserdom zu Speyer cancelled once, when the general in Speyer died during the production. I think I saw Siege Works canceling a couple of times, but I'm not certain. Other than that saw some Lithuanian priests named something like EMT_Lithuania_priest. Also 2 generals, one Byzantine, the other Venetian had the same EMT_ in front of them, but only those two and no other. Like some people have already mentioned, the Pope is a conqueror, and has blitzkrieged almost entirety of Italy in 50 to 100 turns. Also by the 300th turn I haven't had a single crowned faction ruler, although I'm certain many have had all the requirements (lands, authority, piety, fit for office, not senile, cathedral built, not regent,...). That's just about it. Keep up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waluk View Post
    Congrats guys, you've done it. This november version is the most stable SSHIP since 092. Just saved at 300th turn with HRE, had 1 crash at 281. I do have to say I start the mod with SS_Launcher.exe from previous versions, since newer SSHIP.bat produces more random crashes for me (but the turns are probably 10% faster, or so with .bat). Gameplay is fantastic, can't say I've noticed many bugs, most of them are just nitpicky. Often seen some buildings cancel out while building, but can't really tell which ones cause this. Kaiserdom zu Speyer cancelled once, when the general in Speyer died during the production. I think I saw Siege Works canceling a couple of times, but I'm not certain. Other than that saw some Lithuanian priests named something like EMT_Lithuania_priest. Also 2 generals, one Byzantine, the other Venetian had the same EMT_ in front of them, but only those two and no other. Like some people have already mentioned, the Pope is a conqueror, and has blitzkrieged almost entirety of Italy in 50 to 100 turns. Also by the 300th turn I haven't had a single crowned faction ruler, although I'm certain many have had all the requirements (lands, authority, piety, fit for office, not senile, cathedral built, not regent,...). That's just about it. Keep up the good work!!!
    Hi Waluk,
    very happy you've got fun with the mod!
    Thanks for finding the bugs. I understand that you've played the 3rd AI (legacy SSHIP, as in the @kostic entry below).
    Could you upload a few screenshots, say a few words there, and upload a save?
    cheers
    JoC

Quote Originally Posted by Baron279 View Post
    Same here. Playing as England, 100+ turns.
    Is it normal to not have his king crowned by turn 100+? I can't get a cathedral so far to get my king crowned. I got the requirements for Piety, authority and territories.
    Hi Baron, can you upload a save?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackfyre View Post
    130 or so turns in and still not a single crash.
    Upload a save and put some screenshots into the AAR section :-)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 08, 2021 at 09:58 AM.

Another thing I noticed is that i'm being charged twice when my FL is crowned. A $40k hit in the early game is excruciating .

Quick question guys - is there any possibility to bring back mongol invasion? I played SSHIP during summer and back then it was missing (only event popped up, no units). Some of you told me that you are working on it/that is on your to do list.

Yes Mongols are back in latest versions. And are quite fearsome

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XII Rhomaios View Post
    Another thing I noticed is that i'm being charged twice when my FL is crowned. A $40k hit in the early game is excruciating .
    Yeah, there's been bad coding in this regard, sorry. Double charging. It'll be fixed in the next patch.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Here is a 3GB version, still on mega.nz, but it should go in one go. Compressed with 7z, so you need to have that unpacker.
    I've never seen such ridiculous way to download stuff, are you guys being paid for by MEGAS or sth? I had to pay to download the bloody mod! Thanks Obama.

I saw lots of downloads in Modbb thread and not even uploading them there FFS, also plz change the title to .98 Beta or something no one really knows about it m8.

There is no issue with installation but like this is what I got right now

so what should I do then

1.) pay Mega so I can download that remaining .06 GB?

2.) wait and open this stupid browser where I cannot do anything about it for another 5 hours?

Tell me what should I do then?
    Last edited by The excited one; December 10, 2021 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The excited one View Post
    Tell me what should I do then?
    Wait those 5 hours, download the mod, then upload to a better place that is more convenient, then post the link here - and we'll put it into the download section so that the other players find it easy.

Sana Kan's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Quality of life fixes, estimates on next beta release

The mod keeps getting even better with each patch, awesome work.

Btw, is there another place to download the 0.98 version? I would like to try it, but Mega has this download limit I can't get around.