Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: Quality of life fixes, estimates on next beta release

Well this is the most stable version of SSHIP I've ever played, and bravo for that script, dynastic marriage alliances are something I wish more M2TW mods utilized, all I usually do with the Romans is increase the Scholarii mace AP attack to 5 or 6 (so they equal to say Mamaluks, Heavy Boyars and Kapikulu) and only recruit them from Constantinople.

Near 50 turns into a Byzantine campaign.

Not
    One
    Single
    Crash.

Take a bow gents, brilliant work.

Not a huge amount of feedback as everything going very smoothly so far.

In terms if balance Europe is very stable, Castile is strongest Iberian faction, Moors down to 1 settlement. Aragon pushing into France is keeping the English on the mainland. Scotland is down to just Ireland and the Danes took all of Scandinavia and killed Norway.

In the middle east its a different story, fatamids crushed Crusaders and regicided the Zengids. I killed Rum Turks but had no direct involvement in those wars so all AI

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackfyre View Post
    I killed Rum Turks
    The event "Turcoman Help for Rum" fired? If yes, then what do you think - is it enough, timely?

Pope called his first crusade to Caesarea, I was seiging Ankara and Iconion so it was unfortunate timing for the turks. HRE took the citadel and had a large army in the area. I was on the way to seige sebasteia when HRE dealt with the spawned stacks, the Arslan generals survived with a small force each, retreated to outside the walls of sebasteia where I took the city in a field battle with the garrison coming out as reinforcements. Turks dead from there.

Whats the trigger for the spawned stacks? Is it number of regions or a particular settlement lost, I would suggest making it Ankara or Iconium if its not already, by the time it fired the were on their last legs. The crusade played a big part of that so maybe not the most typical example
    Managed to swipe Antioch and trade it to HRE so I had a better border with Syria, poor guys are all that stands between Anatolia and the enormous fatamids.

Zengids need more family members I think, they had a decent sized kingdom but all turned rebel a few turns ago, I was at peace with them and always had been so not player influenced.

On a minor note regarding balance, I did make HRE and France begin the game as allies. Probably not historically accurate but I didn't want the two wearing eachother down too early. Alliance lasted about 40 turns before France attacked Denmark, HRE chose Denmarks side. No war between them yet but probably won't take long.

Castile took murcia so Aragon had to go north, they got themselves excommunicated and pope called a crusade to Barcelona

I'd be interested if this coding works:

paper3b_paper city requires factions { middle_eastern, greek, northern_european, eastern_european, southern_european, } and building_present_min_level mills water_mill and event_counter faction_turn_middle_eastern 1 or event_counter faction_turn_orthodox 1 or event_counter faction_turn_catholic 1 and event_counter first_european_paper 1 or event_counter faction_turn_pagan 1 and event_counter new_era_begins 1

It means that the second level of the building (it has 3 levels: 1. parchement 2. paper mill 3. printing press) is available for
    - the Orthodox and Muslims from the beginning
    - the Catholics after the paper event
    - the Pagans after 1300

Anybody can confirm ? (perhaps the Catholic case)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The link to the 098 version of November 21st 2021 is here. Also the download page has been updated.
    Finally! Hopefully it's more stable than the August version, will update further.

Default Re: Discussions on the 098 beta version

Could just be fatamid bastardry but assassins are a little spammy, is there no cap on them like priests?
    Last edited by Lord Blackfyre; November 25, 2021 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackfyre View Post
    Could just be fatamid bastardry but assassins are a little spammy, is there no cap on them like priests?
    iirc, their number is limited, but it may be not enough, if you say so.

Hard to say from just one example, fatamids had 4 outside Haleb, killed them with the box method out of frustration when my best general and his son were assassinated one turn after the other. With 2 spies in the settlement too.

It's not unhistorical I suppose to have assassinations, I'm not sure if I like it or not tbh. They were losing on the battlefield so they turned to more underhand methods, makes sense.

Gameplay wise maybe limit to one or two per faction

I also think they are a little bit too effective, sometimes I had the character in the city well developed protected by few good spies and still they were assassinated..

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I believed that the presence of a spy alongside a general prevented the assassin from acting.

I remember not having enough spies in my campaign with serbia, I had to juggle to bring a spy back to my town, every time an assassin approached. I have had only a few generals murdered. It was with the September version.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

please help me, I want to play, but can not download from this link. Please write an alternative link

Htllo.
    I have an idea.
    I know that many cities do not allow adding because a game engine.
    What if we add forts to the strategic map in those places where in that historical period there were some kind of castles or villages?
    Let there even be stacks of rebels in those forts. Will you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by di-billy View Post
    Htllo.
    I have an idea.
    I know that many cities do not allow adding because a game engine.
    What if we add forts to the strategic map in those places where in that historical period there were some kind of castles or villages?
    Let there even be stacks of rebels in those forts. Will you do it?
    The SSHIP attitude to this issue is described here.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Please upload SSHIP 0.98 latest version to another server. Mega.nz is paid and has limits. I have been trying for 5 days and could not download it

Here is a 3GB version, still on mega.nz, but it should go in one go. Compressed with 7z, so you need to have that unpacker.

@Jurand.

130 or so turns in and still not a single crash.

as usuall - I'd interesting to see a short report here, with a save attached B-)

Hello,
    I'm 40 turns into a Roman Campaign. So far only had 4 crashes, nothing gamebreaking: 2 times while looking over the map, once during end turn and one at the end of a battle.
    A possible bug I've noticed is that if I marry the faction heir to a princess of a different religion, the heir always receives the trait that says he's considered that religion and receives a huge malus (- alot of piety and loyalty). I've tried it for 2 characters and they both received this. I've also tried multiple princesses( catholic and muslim).