View Poll Results: Shall Geg join the ranks of civilized society?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [Citizen] ggggtotalwarrior [Patron - Akar]

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default [Citizen] ggggtotalwarrior [Patron - Akar]

Patron's bit
    Hello "members" of "the curia". I bring before you today a man from what is perhaps the darkest and most obscure section of the forum today. A forbidden no go zone made up of freezing irradiated wastelands and sun scorched deserts, teeming with swarms of mutated shambling husks - an area colloquially known as The Scriptorum. While traversing these godless barren wastes I happened upon a traveler dressed in rags, beset upon by plague-beasts. I rushed to his aid and dispatched the plague-beasts posthaste. Over the next few days I nursed him back to health and he suckled at my bosom. He revealed to me that his name was Geg and we bonded together. When his wounds were healed we departed for the last refuge of civilization in these dark lands a walled bastion known as The Curia.

Client's bit
    Hello all, this is ggggtotalwarrior, or as many in the TD (unofficial) Discord know me, geg. For those of you who don’t know me I’d like to tell you a little about my time on TWC since joining in 2011.

I started playing Total War with the original Rome back in 2005. To this day I still remember my first campaign at ~7 years old storming through Gaul with Decius “Victor” Julius just to lose him and his stack in a naval auto resolve and slowly get curbstomped by a Briton-German alliance into rage quitting. Of course this prompted me into following Med II’s development on the official forums and spending some time there, reading CA Mark’s English AAR religiously, and eventually moving to lurking here after learning about mods. Even as a very confused middle schooler, I remember learning all about modding just so I could install Deus lo Vult and bring that RPG feeling I had in RTW to Medieval. This, like probably many of you, further prompted me into actually making an account as I entered 8th grade so I could learn about using GMod and constantly pestering Gigantus with dumb basic questions about the software. Using his America blank map I even managed to make myself an entire working 199 region America mod using otherwise all vanilla assets. I remember being so hyped to set my hometown as a faction settlement even in just a basic Vanilla game of Med II.
    It was around this time that I encountered The Holy Pilgrim in the Thera (my favorite mod of all time) subforum, and helped him by sending him insane custom height map map assets for a personal mod he was making that combined the factions of every major popular mod. I can’t remember exactly how the map looked but I definitely recall partly including the eastern half of the US with the west coast replaced with Middle Earth.
    So, as I got older and became less of a pure total war player (especially as the Warscape games arrived and ran like on my then computer) I began to seek out and migrated to other areas of the forum ,and became heavily involved in the TD, creative writing forums, personal help and advice, coliseum, etc.

While my participation in the forums has waned over the years I have been much more active since March 2020 (no idea why that could be….)

Some examples of my contributions over the last decade include:

Winning last year’s writing competition for my poem entry “Hopelessness”

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...on-The-Winner!

Winning the Winter 2014 Librarian’s Choice Award for my poem, “Alexander”

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...for-April-2014

Entry #1 in the Summer 2013 Scriptorium Short Writing Competition, “Fear”

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Voting-Thread

Entry #4 in the Summer 2013 Scriptorium Long Writing Competition, “The March”

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Voting-Thread

Activity in this thread that unfortunately (like my later thread sequels) died too soon

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post13952437

Attempts to resurrect the aforementioned “Youniverse” Concept that sadly died due to lack of interest (although I am not opposed to anyone who is interested Necro-ing the most recent one):

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...t-All-Welcome)

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...riting-Project

In addition to my creative writing section contributions, I also have successfully created a moderately active forum game in the Coliseum (although it too is somewhat a creative writing-based contribution):

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...o-Am-I-Riddles

Additionally, I did provide (a now very outdated) review of Crusader Kings II:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13948356
    Other miscellaneous contributions I feel worth mentioning (beyond posting in the TD as a pleb among the God tier trolls like Roma Victrix) include having been active in the Spartan Fitness Subforum for quite so time in the early-mid 2010s, occasionally offering some genuine advice in the PH&A sub and although I don’t quite feel it appropriate to link to any specifics I’m sure that if Flinn is around he can vouch to this (unless his old age has finally brought dementia ofc ), and of course vocally on CA back when Rome II came out as a hot mess.

I’ve made many friends on this forum over the years and am really glad Akar’s discord lured me back into being a recurring if sometimes infrequent visitor. Maybe to many of you outside the TD I’m not exactly a known candidate but I hope this synopsis, Akar’s write-up and any vouches I may receive gives you a better idea of who I am behind this Thera Uruk Faction symbol. And while I’ve flirted with the idea of Citizenship from prospective patron offers in the past, I never really felt like I deserved it or was active enough to be granted it. However my friends on the Discord have convinced me that perhaps it is a worthy endeavor for myself, and after so many years, I know I will never fully ever leave this site. Thanks for your consideration.

Mandatory animal tribute
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Akar; November 18, 2021 at 04:33 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Default Re: [Citizen] ggggtotalwarrior [Patron - Akar]

Support.
    Last edited by Cope; November 18, 2021 at 04:49 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I've met gggggggggg (henceforth known as geg) in the Thema Devia and I have to say I have always been impressed by how polite, and lighthearted and humorous he was. Later on I got to interact more closely with him when I joined the librarian staff and worked on the Scriptorium Writing Competition. I was genuinely blown away at the time by the quality of his writing, despite him being basically a kid, so much so that he managed to impress each and every one of the salty scabs of the Scriptorium with his Alexander poem.

As far as I am concerned gg is the picture perfect citizen and I cannot see any reason he would get a no vote.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Support, good guy.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Support.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I mean you managed to stay away from here for so long, and eventually you let them convince you? RIP, geg.

also, support
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Hey it geg
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Poll added

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Voted.

Good attitude - Good personality - good contribution. SUPPORT

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Si, Si.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Hey it geg support

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Support

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Support. Will make for an excellent grandchild.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman