Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE ONE RING SCRIPT NOT WORKING

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: THE ONE RING SCRIPT NOT WORKING

Sauron gets the ring if he gets resurrected - but both only if the ring doesn't exist, at least according to the stuff above. There must be more scripting regarding how to obtain the ring but I suppose you are right there. Slightly esoteric but manageable with e_select.

Yes, Gigantus. There a lot of more scripts about the One Ring such as:

- A Evil faction doesn't deliver the Ring and all the evil factions declare war against that faction. And, that faction losses Sauron's protection.

- The White Council calls you to destroy the One Ring.

- The more nearer the ringbearer is to Mount Doom, more heavy and more influenced the Ring becomes.

Blog Entries

The 'one ring' script is some exemplary show case of scripting - so is the 'scrying(?)' where you can see see certain areas of the map if you have one of those 'crystal balls'. Been way too long since I played this or watched Lord of the Rings so I am not sure what the correct for it is.
    Might also have been in the 'fellowship' campaign.

Yes, Gigantus. Scripting is not a simple thing. It requires pacience, and hardworking. Those balls are called the "Palantir". And with those balls, you can see the armies, settlements, agents, forts of the enemy. The Fellowship campaign is cool too, because, it only let you play in Very Hard. And, you can participate in the battles that occur in movies, but also in the books. For example, the Battle of Pelargir. If I find issues with the mod, I will tell you the problem with details.

Blog Entries

Thanks for refreshing my mind, palantir indeed.

The fellowship campaign was the first to use agents as information symbols if I remember correctly, something that found it's way later into my 'named forts' tutorial. First also to create single soldier units by way of elephants, eg the balrog afaik.

Sadly, I have a new issue now. Every time I want to go to the nex turn, for some reason, the mod crashes. Maybe it is due to the fact that I edited the One Ring script on campaign_script.txt?

Quote Originally Posted by THIRDAGESUPER View Post
    Sadly, I have a new issue now. Every time I want to go to the nex turn, for some reason, the mod crashes. Maybe it is due to the fact that I edited the One Ring script on campaign_script.txt?
    Nevermind. I forgot I was playing hotseat. I selected Gondor and Eriador. But, I gave the control of that faction to the AI. I think that's why it crashed. Anyway, hotseat damages the One Ring script? And, if playing as Eriador and Gondor, no Aragorn of Gondor?

Blog Entries

i don't think the script is hot seat compatible. There are\were however hot seat competitions using TATW if memory serves - maybe ask the guys in that forum about it?

Hey, Gigantus. That forum is used to tell people about their hotseats that are being developed, I think. Not hotseat issues or questions, or I'm incorrect?

Edit: I think hot seat is compatible with events. Don't worry, I found the solution to all the issues of the mod. Any corrupted script or event needs a new campaign. This thread can be closed now, no reason to continue discussing. Thank you Gigantus for all the help!
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; November 24, 2021 at 08:52 AM. Reason: clarification

Blog Entries

The one person very knowledgeable is Jadli, he is one of the local moderators in there and I am sure he can guide to the right information if you have questions.

And we do not usually close threads as others might similar issues or would like to follow up.

Oh, ok. So, people can view this thread if they had the same problem as me. And yes, I experienced some strange, a disease appeared in the campaign. But I resolved it by removing the general from the town.

Blog Entries

Random plague is defined in the descr_disasters file in the maps\base directory. To totally eliminate the plague simply comment out the section, same as was done with 'flood'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Random plague is defined in the descr_disasters file in the maps\base directory. To totally eliminate the plague simply comment out the section, same as was done with 'flood'.
    But, I suppose that plagues were eliminated from the campaign. And the descr_disasters file is empty. Completely empty, not a word. How did that happen?

Blog Entries

Then it will have been scripted, look for plague in the campaign_script file.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Then it will have been scripted, look for plague in the campaign_script file.
    In campaign_script.txt there is no sign of plague. I recently checked it. Maybe it is a bug? But, don't worry. I got rid of the plague. Still wondering why that happened. My game was working fine until that. But that doesn't matter anymore. The important thing is the appearance of the One Ring. Maybe I will get it around turn 20. If I get the event, I will attach a screenshot of it.
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; December 02, 2021 at 07:27 AM.

Gigantus! Hey! I got the event at turn 30, instead of turn 40, as Baron Samedi programmed. Thank you for helping me! It is not necesarry to make the event appear quickly. Here is the screenshot.

Thank you for everything!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211212021652_1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	369.3 KB 
ID:	366234

Blog Entries

Glad it worked out eventually, thanks for coming back with the result.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12