Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promoting the Curia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Promoting the Curia

This is just an idea now, because despite me having retired from the Hex I still have a lot of stuff on my plate so I can't focus on this now, but I don't want this to skip from my mind either, so let's drop this here and work on this together, then maybe if the future we can make a sticked thread with all the necessary info

Soon we will have a banner, recently I asked Akar to make a new sigbar for me to promote the Curial CMS, if you want to use it just copy paste the text below

[URL="https://www.twcenter.net/forums/content.php?139-the-curia"][img]https://i.imgur.com/xng9Hsp.png[/IMG][/URL]

The Curia CMS is an interesting feature, which is not visited (or known) by many people, and it's actually more accessible than the regular forum (especially to mobiles), so we could be doing the Curia favor by promoting it

If you have any idea or suggestion, please do share it!

Thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Promoting the Curia

If we become more properly useful as a collective with regards to awards and initiatives in a way that would be an interesting read, I'm sure there will be things to write about that present themselves to make the feature useful. But in the meantime, we can't promote what pragmatically isn't there.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    If we become more properly useful as a collective with regards to awards and initiatives in a way that would be an interesting read, I'm sure there will be things to write about that present themselves to make the feature useful. But in the meantime, we can't promote what pragmatically isn't there.
    Yes that's a valid point, I concur that in order to promote something one needs to believe in what these something is or could be, anyways it doesn't hurt if we assume that promoting the Curia and making more people aware of it, it's a positive thing per se.

If anyone has any idea, they are welcome to share it
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    True, it is hard to justify something that is supposed to represent the best of the site, but thinks the worse of itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    True, it is hard to justify something that is supposed to represent the best of the site, but thinks the worse of itself.
    I agree, and this I'll try to address in another discussion, one day ..

However, we can do some good in the meanwhile if we try to promote it (promote is a too big term for this, let's call it "giving it more exposure" for now on), if anything it will be a task that could interest someone and generate a bit of extra activity

once more, if anyone has any idea, please share it, thanks!

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

If we were to do more as a collective of interested users, there would be a more diverse array of things to work with. As it is, should the rewording amendment pass and a few more awards pass as well, I see grounds for at least one more CMS article. The existence and function of the CMS space can be noted on the wiki as a preliminary step. It could be further noted somehow in the opening description threads for the Curia as a place where updates of productive Curial activity are posted. I suppose old fashioned inclusion in siguature and so forth can be promotion measures, but I'm not sure of a knockout effective strategy or a wider plan to suggest; especially as even with the award contingency, the content remains limited.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Whatever happened to the Curial Banner idea? I thought a Decision passed, weeks ago now.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Whatever happened to the Curial Banner idea? I thought a Decision passed, weeks ago now.
    We have requested that Content Hex wait to start that competition until the current graphics competition's submission period has ended.

That should be the 26th, assuming that Caillagh gets around to doing at the earliest possible time.
    Last edited by Akar; November 15, 2021 at 08:42 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

If anyone needs art created for something related to or for the Curia I'm always happy to help.

To promote the Curia one needs to create content. Right now, all that the Curia seems to be doing is trying to find better ways to keep people in check. There have been some activity thanks to Akar steamrolling new awards but that seems to be an outlier.
    The Armenian Issue

The only real content is Patronization.
    Citizen content is making good post which promotes the site/forum.
    Improving the site/ forum and giving out awards are secondary and lagniappe.

The only reason why a citizen should post here is patronize or support other application
    If they have any concerns and which to suggest an idea for the betterment of the site
    Other than that, the best you can do is be an active, positive poster.

Not really. Citizens can create many activities and recognition for those that want to participate or do contribute. PotFC is one eample. The Curia, however, should look more into creating activity as a game community.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Not really. Citizens can create many activities and recognition for those that want to participate or do contribute. PotFC is one eample. The Curia, however, should look more into creating activity as a game community.
    The Curia voted it into existence, but it is individuals who participate, both citizen and non-citizens. The best way to promote these sorts of "improvements" is to increase members stake in the forum. This is through citizenship, which should be inclusive. Every week that goes by without at least one citizenship application is another idea and activity lost.

The Curia voted it into existence, but it is individuals who participate, both citizen and non-citizens. The best way to promote these sorts of "improvements" is to increase members stake in the forum. This is through citizenship, which should be inclusive. Every week that goes by without at least one citizenship application is another idea and activity lost.
    Having more Citizens has no real comparative value. Proposals by non-Citizens are already accepted. Just becoming a Citizen doesn't keep someone more active. It's things like PotFC, enabled by the Curia, that create more content for activity. Now, translate that to gaming activity. Make people share their gaming progress, discuss tips and errors, host modding profiles, etc. That's how you promote it.
    The Armenian Issue

Let's say I accept your premise that citizenship adds no value...

Then you are essentially advocating to abolished citizenship. If it has no value to the site, then why perpetuate it?

The problem with your statement is that the vast majority of contributors are citizens. This makes sense. Citizens on average have been on the site longer and have developed a stronger stake in the forum/ site.
    Most experience members who are not citizens are either former citizens or reject it for a variety of valid reasons. However, many of members through the amount time invested on the forum has become stakeholders. It is either through their own poor behavior and the lack of patronages that has excluded them from being part of the group.

The question to be asked, if members are choosing to no be a citizen, you need to ask why?

Once upon a time, members would post an interest in citizenship and request a patron. (I know this because this was actually mentioned by one of the admins in post I recently read back in 2004. Flash forward to 2011 and I run across a wiki that members can inquire about citizenship. I did and boy did I get a rude awakening. A total 180 different in attitude in a 10 year span. The uber elitism of citizenship is itself a detriment.

So, we have a choice- Either we abolish citizenship or we restore it to what it was when it was created and hope that this could spark a Renaissance on the site. We can take out chances that individuals would just do things, but this sites growth, for better or for worse, benefited from the institution of citizenship.

Ask yourself these questions;

1. Why are you a citizen?
    2. How has the forum benefited from your citizenship?
    3. If you value your citizenship, why have you not "pass on" your status to another member?
    4. If you did, why have patronized a member of the site? Would you do it again?
    5. Again, if we do not value citizenship, then why keep it? Is it the badge that we value? If so, why is the badge that important to you?

I am being rhetorical with the above questions, but I am curious what people think (please do not feel compel to answer them here).

Let's say I accept your premise that citizenship adds no value...
    That's not what I argued. Would you like to give it an other try?
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Pike, would you mind moving this discussion to a dedicated thread? if you want I can split this for you to save time.

let me know

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I will assume the latest exchange is not the part we wish to promote.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Let's try to keep to the topic of the OP, guys.

@Pike/POVG I'd suggest taking this discussion to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Pike, would you mind moving this discussion to a dedicated thread? if you want I can split this for you to save time.

let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Let's try to keep to the topic of the OP, guys.

@Pike/POVG I'd suggest taking this discussion to another thread.
    Gentleman, of course

It can be found here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast